It's Time To Stop Pretending 'Private Show' Is Bad

i love it. the production and vocals are WEIRDney at her best and belong in the same category as How I Roll & Mmm Papi. it takes a certain ear and appreciation for how Britney leans into her weird and unpredictable musical experiments. Definitely not for everybody, but I personally love the risks she takes vocally

• Love 3
17 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

After the huge acclaim of previous thread "It's Time To Stop Pretending Brave New Girl Is Bad"...here's another one that absolutely nobody requested, but i did, so yay! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Β 

The revolution continues, and it's now the turn of Private Show!Β :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Β 

PS was officially released on August 4th 2016 as promo single for its at-the-time upcoming 9th studio album Glory and it peaked into the Top 5 spot on iTunes USA chart! :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Β 

It also served as the 'soundtrack' for the commercial series of her omonimous perfume, in which she looked absolutely stunning:

Β 

So yeah, don't be slow, and stan Private Show! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Β 

It's BAD! Deal with it.

• Haha 2

Private show a couple octaves lower (I sound smart saying that but idk wtf it means, octave)Β 

Anyway, in a lower register it would have been better, and also remove the "wurk it wurk it" frogneyΒ 

Also the "slideee down ma pole watch me spin n twurk it"Β 

Basically just delete itΒ :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Haha 5

I know the song is super polarizing, but honestly, it’s the one that got me really excited about Glory. I didn’t know what to expect after Make Me, but I was worried because I thought it was probably her most underwhelming lead single. Private Show is fun, bizarre, and it’s got tons of personality. It’s clearly not hopping on any trends (which is what I was worried about when Just Luv Me leaked, which as beautiful as her vocals are on that track, it sounded like a Fifth Harmony B-side to me).

I get that the vocals on the chorus are a little out there. Kinda reminds me of the first β€œOw!” adlib in I Love Rock n Roll. But other than that, it’s just kinda a bop. And I’m good with thatΒ :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Time to get a hearing aid. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

But i'm still younger than the remix, my ears work perfectly so far. :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

36 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Wanchootenchoonindisroom yoassonmineeee sit you down hopuptoyopotogold.

:spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

2 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

This is fake obviously but lmfao:

What in the world...lmao. :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

27 minutes ago, SJK said:

It’s the best song she’s ever recorded. Period.Β 

That's right! :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

23 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

I know the song is super polarizing, but honestly, it’s the one that got me really excited about Glory. I didn’t know what to expect after Make Me, but I was worried because I thought it was probably her most underwhelming lead single. Private Show is fun, bizarre, and it’s got tons of personality. It’s clearly not hopping on any trends (which is what I was worried about when Just Luv Me leaked, which as beautiful as her vocals are on that track, it sounded like a Fifth Harmony B-side to me).

I get that the vocals on the chorus are a little out there. Kinda reminds me of the first β€œOw!” adlib in I Love Rock n Roll. But other than that, it’s just kinda a bop. And I’m good with thatΒ :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Thank you. It's some damn haters in this thread. They just want dance tracks and Blackout 57. Like, I love that Britney does new things β€” even if it's just new for her. I don't want all 9 albums to sound the same. We did away with that after Oops (and even that does sound a little different from Baby just because of the Eric Foster White songs on the debut).

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block