Can we discuss how fake and full of **** some of you are?

2 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

This comment is interesting. I'm not trying to start a whole discussion around it in here right now but I think there's a conversation to be had about how we as a society always regard b00bs or nakedness as directly and exclusively related to s3x.

EDIT: The "male fans and lesbian fans" thing made me think of this, but please don't take it as a personal attack to you.

No, it's okay.  

But the fact that it is forbidden blows my mind. 

Seriously, you see dic*s on german tv, we don't care as much. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

No, it's okay.  

But the fact that it is forbidden blows my mind. 

Seriously, you see dic*s on german tv, we don't care as much. 

Absolutely agree. Same here in Spain, I don't think we care that much about nudity so it makes absolutely no sense to me why a male nipple is ok for instagram but a female nipple is wrong.

I also think it's sad that, if instagram made that rule, it's because there's a fairly common mentality that finds it reasonable, and that's the problem. I also think that explains a lot of what's going on with Britney's posts. 

• Love 1

Agreed :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

To me, it really feels like concern trolling. People are uncomfortable with the way she expresses herself, for whatever reason (as I've posted before, some people seem really uncomfortable with seeing a real, 40 year old woman's body that hasn't been airbrushed into an unrealistic Instagram beauty standard), but then they cloak this discomfort under "concern" for her kids or her reputation or her mental health. It's disingenuous. Like, do you really care that much about the impact this might have on her kids (when, let's be real, they've probably been through so much worse, and we don't even know if they care about this)? Do you really care that much what the GP thinks about Britney, when she herself clearly doesn't give a ****? Or is it really about something else?

And idk, when they say it's "not about the nudity" but about the fact that she looks "trashy" or "not classy", it feels equally icky. "Trashy" is a label that is often slapped onto women when they behave in a way that patriarchal society doesn't like -- when they're too unruly, or chaotic, or not "proper" or "modest" enough. To me, it feels similar to the way women are labeled "hysterical" or "crazy" or "s l u t s" as a way to control their behaviour (which is, ironically, of course what has happened to Britney too).

I mean, of course you don't have to like everything she does or every picture she takes. But you could also just say, "hey, I don't like this picture, I wouldn't do this myself, but it's her life and I respect her agency and judgment as an adult woman to do what she wants", and, like... move on with your life. There's no need to cloak it in this moralising language about how trashy she is or how damaging this is to her kids. It's disrespectful and patronising.

• Love 8

Ughh PREEEEACHHH!

What's so worrying and sad is fans who participated in the FreeBritney movement in one way or another so she could be, well, FREE, and then some of those same fans prescribing how she should behave now as if claiming some sort of right over her for having helped or supported her, and so doing the exact opposite of what the movement was about in the beginning. Like that past mentality from the early 2000s: I bought a CD or a perfume from you, I own a part of you, I can say whatever I want. Well no you don't.

And where's the emphaty, and even basic logic?: she's clearly recovering and claiming her rightful spot in the world again, hence all the anger and swearing and public claims over her body and fortune.

I'm actually learning about this in my own life, trying not to judge but to listen so I can understand. It's OK if in the end you don't agree with something or someone, but at least give yourself (and especially others) the opportunity to UNDERSTAND. That will change everything for the better, always, I promise.

• Love 5

Fans are not “fake” because they don’t like what Britney posts. As a fan, we don’t have to like and agree with it all. Many people I know who are not Britney fans and are just neutral thinks it’s weird how she posts. My boyfriend told me while he was on the train people were talking about her Instagram and how weird she is. Britney doesn’t need this talk. She should be out there now enjoying her freedom and seeing her close friends, Sam, Felicia, and her kids and be able to go out and have fun and spend her money. Saying that she shouldn’t post this content doesn’t mean we are controlling. You all know damn well when other celebrities do this such as Miley Cyrus you don’t agree. It’s really hypocritical how Britney can do anything and there’s always an excuse for it from her fans.  It’s the same story when Britney got married for 55 hours and then wonders why she gets bad press. I’m sorry but posting Nude pictures with emojis on body parts is tacky. As I said before, I don’t post pictures of my self holding my balls. And yes we as fans bring up her kids because she always said she needed to tone it down especially in the making of Work *****. 

I love Britney and have been a fan since 2000 and during her breakdown. I don’t need anyone to tell me I’m a bad fan because I think her Instagram posts are trash. Britney deserves happiness and success in her life and we can all agree that we are on the same page about that 

Girl stop posting these pictures! Go send them to Sam because that’s who should be seeing them. Enjoy life and get married, have more kids if that is what you want or come back to music and be badass! And my other advice to her is to stop calling people out on Instagram. You have a great lawyer so let him do his job and then sue the **** out of them! 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

Nope.  We are fans of a human being.  Human beings are flawed.  Britney is flawed.  She's not a god.  

And when she puts something out there for public consumption, we as fans have the right to criticize it.  Your point of view is immature idol worship (and now that I think about it that's actually the opposite of what Britney's always wanted, she's always first to point out she's not perfect).

• Like 4
Just now, MikeMasi said:

Fans are not “fake” because they don’t like what Britney posts. As a fan, we don’t have to like and agree with it all. Many people I know who are not Britney fans and are just neutral thinks it’s weird how she posts. My boyfriend told me while he was on the train people were talking about her Instagram and how weird she is. Britney doesn’t need this talk. She should be out there now enjoying her freedom and seeing her close friends, Sam, Felicia, and her kids and be able to go out and have fun and spend her money. Saying that she shouldn’t post this content doesn’t mean we are controlling. You all know damn well when other celebrities do this such as Miley Cyrus you don’t agree. It’s really hypocritical how Britney can do anything and there’s always an excuse for it from her fans.  It’s the same story when Britney got married for 55 hours and then wonders why she gets bad press. I’m sorry but posting Nude pictures with emojis on body parts is tacky. As I said before, I don’t post pictures of my self holding my balls. And yes we as fans bring up her kids because she always said she needed to tone it down especially in the making of Work *****. 

I love Britney and have been a fan since 2000 and during her breakdown. I don’t need anyone to tell me I’m a bad fan because I think her Instagram posts are trash. Britney deserves happiness and success in her life and we can all agree that we are on the same page about that 

It's not about you being a bad fan, but being a mean human. 

Who gives af what others think? Again, Britney is a distraction from the unhappiness they are feeling in their own lives or about the world at large. 

She is literally out there enjoying her freedom. Your ideal way of spending your free time isn't the same way everyone does. How dare you demand who she spend time with! Some of us would love to choose to have wonderful and supportive friends and family, but don't always get dealt that hand in life. Britney is starting over at 40 and it is inspiring! You don't know if Felicia is too in bed with Lynne for Britney to trust her. Maybe Brit doesn't like that Fe spoke to all of the documentaries about her. 

What pass has Britney gotten? She was punished way beyond what she should have been for her personal life! 

On exhale, we should model the change that we need to see in the media and celebrity culture so that what happened to Brit in the 2000s doesn't keep happening to other celebrities or people. We could start with making sure it doesn't happen to Britney again. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

It's not about you being a bad fan, but being a mean human. 

Who gives af what others think? Again, Britney is a distraction from the unhappiness they are feeling in their own lives or about the world at large. 

She is literally out there enjoying her freedom. Your ideal way of spending your free time isn't the same way everyone does. How dare you demand who she spend time with! Some of us would love to choose to have wonderful and supportive friends and family, but don't always get dealt that hand in life. Britney is starting over at 40 and it is inspiring! You don't know if Felicia is too in bed with Lynne for Britney to trust her. Maybe Brit doesn't like that Fe spoke to all of the documentaries about her. 

What pass has Britney gotten? She was punished way beyond what she should have been for her personal life! 

On exhale, we should model the change that we need to see in the media and celebrity culture so that what happened to Brit in the 2000s doesn't keep happening to other celebrities or people. We could start with making sure it doesn't happen to Britney again. 

I’m not demanding her to spend time with anyone or Felicia. I was just naming people and saying she should go out and be with people she loves, who ever that might be now 

Im mean because I don’t agree with her posts? But none of you are mean for judging other celebrities for their work and personal stuff? I’ve seen the way this fan base picks at others so don’t even go there 

• Like 3

Personally I think she equates posting nude photos to her being free to do what she wants.  Do I think its a good move for her career?  No.  Do I think Britney even really cares about that?  No.  At this point, I think this is what people like about her that she doesn't do what other celebs her caliber would do.  I think if she chooses, she is going to have a very lucrative year no matter what she posts on social media.  Live your life, Britney!  

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

It's not about you being a bad fan, but being a mean human

Not liking something doesnt make anyone mean this is the point you are not getting. If you are all positive about everything someone does it doesnt make you kind, it means you're as fake as press on nails :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeMasi said:

I’m not demanding her to spend time with anyone or Felicia. I was just naming people and saying she should go out and be with people she loves, who ever that might be now 

Im mean because I don’t agree with her posts? But none of you are mean for judging other celebrities for their work and personal stuff? I’ve seen the way this fan base picks at others so don’t even go there 

Well she is doing that. Sam is the one that took the photos and I don't know if you're up to speed but he's her fiance. So no need to worry about that. 

You're allowed to not like the posts, but I'm just so sick of social media mobs wasting their time trying to control Britney. Being a fan since 2000, you should recognize this, but maybe you've always enjoyed being part of the media apparatus that criticizes Britney for everything she does instead of just letting her be. 

You make a good point about picking apart other celebrities. I'm not saying I've always been perfect and can do better. I appreciate that reminder to keep me in check. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, wixbix said:

Not liking something doesnt make anyone mean this is the point you are not getting. If you are all positive about everything someone does it doesnt make you kind, it means you're as fake as press on nails :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

There you go again with your selective reading of my arguments and conveniently forgetting everyone's comments :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

But people aren't just stating their opinion, they've been attacking Britney personally, going after her appearance, the way she takes photos (you), and attacking her as a mother. 

But I do enjoy singlehandedly getting all of you so defensive by using your tactics against you (which is what I do everytime people get predictably mad about Britney's newds and tread out the same tired arguments).

People get mad at me for attacking the way they post on Exhale in response to them dictating the way Britney should post on IG. Now you know what it feels like :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

There you go again with your selective reading of my arguments and conveniently forgetting everyone's comments :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

But people aren't just stating their opinion, they've been attacking Britney personally, going after her appearance, the way she takes photos (you), and attacking her as a mother. 

But I do enjoy singlehandedly getting all of you so defensive by using your tactics against you (which is what I do everytime people get predictably mad about Britney's newds and tread out the same tired arguments).

People get mad at me for attacking the way they post on Exhale in response to them dictating the way Britney should post on IG. Now you know what it feels like :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

There you go again putting every hate comment in the same bag with every negative opinion. You're never gonna get it :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: What's the relation between people not liking a picture's lighting and the people attacking Britney personality 

you cannot seriously NOT see the difference between this

spacer.png

and this 

spacer.png

One of them is classy, professional, **** and provocative - the other one comes across as trashy, is low quality in every way, and she looks like she doesn’t take care of herself. I’ll let u figure out which is which.

it’s not even about the nudity, but the CONTEXT. 

i understand her claiming back her body and celebrating her autonomy, but it’s getting a bit much. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, conceptuel said:

It has more to do with the positions than with lightning or whatever lol

Massaging your b00bs while humping the beach or being on 4 foot with little diamonds is tacky and not really classy. Nothing to do with being comfortable with your body. Just tacky and vulgar. If she rubs her pu$$y on Instagram all dressed up I’d still say the same.

This. Glad she’s enjoying herself tho. 

48 minutes ago, wixbix said:

And the point u and others aren’t getting is this ain’t about people not liking the pictures, if u don’t like it or approve of it, good for u, say I don’t like it and be on your way.

The problem is calling her trashy, slutty, questioning her sanity, questioning her mothering, judgmentally nitpicking her to death over some damn pictures…THAT is what is mean and not needed. I don’t care if people don’t like it but I certainly do care that people are bullying her over it, she doesn’t deserve that.

Now if she ******** somebody, I certainly wouldn’t be supporting that, I’d be calling her out on that, but she’s not, she’s just posting nude pics, some of y’all are acting as if she’s going on a ****** spree.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

And the point u and others aren’t getting is this ain’t about people not liking the pictures, if u don’t like it or approve of it, good for u, say I don’t like it and be on your way.

The problem is calling her trashy, slutty, questioning her sanity, questioning her mothering, judgmentally nitpicking her to death over some damn pictures…THAT is what is mean and not needed. I don’t care if people don’t like it but I certainly do care that people are bullying her over it, she doesn’t deserve that.

Now if she ******** somebody, I certainly wouldn’t be supporting that, I’d be calling her out on that, but she’s not, she’s just posting nude pics, some of y’all are acting as if she’s going on a ****** spree.

There's no point for me and "the others" to get. I didn't like the lighting and the angles, i said it and am on my way as you said. It's you and the others chasing after me for no reason. Go attack those people you mention that are leaving harmful comments, not the ones calling lighting or the angles bad because it is. Problem solved. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block