Amanda Bynes' conservatorship is officially terminated

Cap87

I found Amanda's breakdown far more extreme and concerning than Britney's and I hope that she is well and has people with her best interest at heart in her life. I do not know enough about her to be for or against this. There ARE times when a conservatorship is sought to save someone from themselves when they fall into a grey area of mental health. I personally know someone who I believe should be in an ETHICAL conservatorship, not left to fend for herself in a state of untreated mental illness, and being preyed upon by every thirsty vulture who figures out what is going on with her. We need conservatorship reform and better help for the mentally ill in the USA. A conservatorship is too extreme in technicality---but there is literally no other recourse in this country when you know someone may be a danger to themselves but isn't actually saying "I will harm others and/or myself". I solely wish Amanda a happy, healthy, enriching life, under any circumstances that enrich that.Β 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I can’t believe of all people that Britney fans are using this narrative when they know how abusive and extreme conservatorships are.Β 

Honestly the reason its so extreme is because conservatorships/guardianships are being used against mental illness and disabilities which in most cases are things that you can learn to live with if you incorporate the right treatment plan/supports/program for you...conservatorships were meant for ppl who are incapacitated and expected to decline in state (ie things like dementia etc) and didn't have the foresight to create a living will, power of attorney, and trust...it was never meant for what it is being used for that is the issue...

Β 

It would be like putting ppl who need to go to the hospital and receive treatment into hospices and then wondering why its abusive and needs reform...hospices were never meant to cure ppl or treat them, they are designed to keep ppl comfortable until they pass...conservatorships are the same...they are meant to keep incapacitated ppl comfortable until they pass, not to treat them...

• Love 5

glad to see the freebritney movement put this kind of cases in the spotlight and ppl can actually get out of abusive situations. back when amanda was put under her cship everybody thought it was the best option bc of how β€œwell” britney was at the time. just like britney, amanda needed love and understanding, not a freaking conservationship. she was 26 too i believe. ******* hollywoodΒ 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

There were many times Britney looked disheveled and out of it, these women don’t need their human rights, dignity and property stripped from them, she needs ethical doctors, therapists to evaluate and treat her as Britney should of had all along, I’m glad Britney was able to break free and seems to be doing a little better and found the right psychiatric meds and you can see her personality come back not in captivity, Amanda deserves the same it’s inhuman to do this to a young woman that’s not what conservatorships are for.Β 

If she’s faked a pregnancy, got a nose ring and a face tattoo under conservatorship, I can only imagine the greatness she’ll accomplish out of it. Get real for a minute.

31 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

If she’s faked a pregnancy, got a nose ring and a face tattoo under conservatorship, I can only imagine the greatness she’ll accomplish out of it. Get real for a minute.

This is a disgusting post...we don't know if she faked a pregnancy...we just know what the narrative was...and nothing about a face tattoo and a nose ring should keep you from having your human rights...

• Love 4
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

This is a disgusting post...we don't know if she faked a pregnancy...we just know what the narrative was...and nothing about a face tattoo and a nose ring should keep you from having your human rights...

I absolutely love Amanda and really hope she bounces back - all I'm trying to point out is that if we compare it with Britney, she does not stand the same chances as she did. For once her family are not making her work or financially benefitting from her at all. Her parents are wealthy on their own terms.

Amanda was truly in need of help, unlike Britney, roaming the streets of LA aimlessly high with clear signs of substance abuse and dependencies, acting really bizarre. There's countless videos on YouTube accounting for all of it.

Her family got involved before it was too late and she fully spent the little money she had left (she wasted most of her fortune) Now with all of this in mind I do think she deserves a proper evaluation to get out of it if she really is much better, but I can understand why her parents would be really cautions about it as she has relapsed multiple times throughout the course of her conservatorship. Either way her parents are really elderly so I doubt they will be around for much longer.

But I don't think any of us know the reality, but unfortunately there is just too much evidence out there that won't help her case.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

I absolutely love Amanda and really hope she bounces back - all I'm trying to point out is that if we compare it with Britney, she does not stand the same chances as she did. For once her family are not making her work or financially benefitting from her at all. Her parents are wealthy on their own terms.

Amanda was truly in need of help, unlike Britney, roaming the streets of LA aimlessly high with clear signs of substance abuse and dependencies, acting really bizarre. There's countless videos on YouTube accounting for all of it.

Her family got involved before it was too late and she fully spent the little money she had left (she wasted most of her fortune) Now with all of this in mind I do think she deserves a proper evaluation to get out of it if she really is much better, but I can understand why her parents would be really cautions about it. Either way her parents are really elderly so I doubt they will be around for much longer.

But I dont think any of us know the reality, but unfortunately there is just too much evidence out there that won't help her case.

Shut upΒ :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block