Days later and still no announcement from Britney out of her own mouth, not an IG caption, about dropping a book

7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Where were you since 2008? We had to wait 13 years to hear directly from her about the conservatorship and the FreeBritney movement. She has her own time and ways, I guess.

That's not very fair to say– there were endless external factors stopping her from acting against the conservatorship and the fact that she was able to break through it all was an act of tremendous strength and a miracle. Please don't put that on her.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, handmedown said:

I'd imagine the contract includes a specific timeline of promotion that Britney is tied into.  No point in doing promo now when the book isn't ready (or even started), you just loose the momentum if you start to promote too soon.

The book has been started since February 2008. She’s got journals and notes from the past decade, I’m sure. It’ll be out this fall, just in time for the holiday season.

She has to write the book first. Usually the deal is negotiated and signed, you get an advance of half or 25% to sustain you while you write it, and then you’ve got 12 weeks to come up with a plan and the first 5 or 10 chapters. Once the publisher is happy with the work your producing, makes some edits and presents it to their team of writers for clean up, you can continue writing the rest. It’s at least a 6 - 8 month process for people who don’t usually write books as they’re tapping into something inside them they’ve never tapped into before 

It’s not coming out in the first half of this year that’s for sure 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Where were you since 2008? We had to wait 13 years to hear directly from her about the conservatorship and the FreeBritney movement. She has her own time and ways, I guess.

And that’s why I’m always extra suspicious. Remember her “me time” post, which even got love from her current fiancé? Yeah, everything’s always weird. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

The book has been started since February 2008. She’s got journals and notes from the past decade, I’m sure. It’ll be out this fall, just in time for the holiday season.

They bugged her bedroom (allegedly). You think they let her document the abuse in a journal?

I do agree it'll be out by the holiday season (because sadly were there's a story to be cashed in on, it's better to do it before people have moved on so that's what the publisher will be focused on), though I wish she had a little longer to heal and really process everything.

10 minutes ago, handmedown said:

They bugged her bedroom (allegedly). You think they let her document the abuse in a journal?

I do agree it'll be out by the holiday season (because sadly were there's a story to be cashed in on, it's better to do it before people have moved on so that's what the publisher will be focused on), though I wish she had a little longer to heal and really process everything.

She was keeping notes for herself somewhere I’m sure. Ugh. I’m almost scared to even read the book when it does come out.

59 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

A source speaking for her spilled the news to Page Six

When do we get to hear from Britney out of her own mouth, not an IG caption.

She probably won't make a post about it until the book is finished and there is an official announcement, cover, release date, and pre-order. In the meantime you will make a million conspiracy theories about why she hasn't posted about it even though it's totally normal.

• Love 1
  • Like 5