What were the best decades for music?

59 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I don’t know why I didn’t see this post NNNN spacer.png ANYWAY sweets if you READ my post, you would have noticed that I was in fact OBJECTIVELY praising the 70s for being one of the greatest decades of music and being far better than the musty 80s spacer.png spacer.pngIn facT, I agree with everything you have to say here so why are you trying to argue? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:spacer.png

70s-90s-10s >>> 80s-00s-20s

Funny how history goes through that cyclic trends and repeats itself :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

The way the 2020s haven't even started and you have already featured it spacer.pngspacer.png Boomer-Millennial vibes spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png And yes, I am aware that you stan the 70s (rightfully) but I am dragging you for saying that the versatility of 70's wasn't great when in fact, it is spacer.png 

33 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Sis the 80s were notorious for their one hit wonders. In fact, it was so bad they even made a VH1 special about it years ago. spacer.png

Nobody currrs :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

34 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

“Thriller” and “Like a Prayer”? spacer.png Those aren’t even amongst MJ and Madonna’s best work. spacer.png

Stop the clownery sweeTs spacer.png Thriller is literally his most acclaimed and definitive body of work and Like a Prayer received widespread acclaim by the critics who loathed Madonna spacer.png It literally became her first album which made people take her seriously on the artistic note spacer.png 

35 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

IRONIC enough, MJ’s best album was released in the 70s and Madonna’s in the 90s. spacer.png spacer.pngspacer.png

That's different. It doesn't divert the fact that the albums I mentioned are the literal masterpieces of the 1980s spacer.png

36 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Again, we’re not discussing success here. spacer.png

Who is, omg? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

37 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

And okay fine, I’ll give you Prince’s albums, “Legend” by Bob Marley and “Graceland”. “Legends” and “Purple Rain” >>>>> especially, but also “good kid maad city”, “Yeezus” and “Norman  Rockwell” cannoT be ignored. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Let’s also not forget the masterpieces “MBDTF”,  “Blonde”, “AM”, “NWTS”, “Ultraviolence”, “Watch the Throne”, “BTD” and so many other timeless bodies of work that were released in the 2010s. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

The only album that can hold a candle to the 80s music is "Melodrama" and some of Lana's stuff, I fear :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

38 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Doesn’t change the fact that 80s synths aged like milk and were overdone spacer.png

Which is why such music is still trending and getting more streams than many recent releases, right? spacer.png

38 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

YES sweets. Not my fault the 80s and 00s reeked of horrible and unoriginal Top 40 music. At least the 2000s had 2000-2004 but music after that was a hot mess. Let’s not be delusional here and rely on nostalgia as an indicator of quality. spacer.png

My music of nostalgia derives from the 2010s so trust me, I have kept my rose-tinted glasses asideT unlike...:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block