Sign the Petition to Reunite Carole Bayer-Sager and Britney Spears to complete the song "Welcome to Me".

Deleting Petition

FEB 20, 2022 —

Since this song was co-written with Wade Robson, this petition is no longer going to continue and also, it's better to focus on future songs. You make petitions like this when you're young, which I did, and it's time to wipe it off the face of the internet. ☺️

So I created this petition before I joined BreatheHeavy, but because of the #FreeBritney Movement and me finally joining my go-to Britney news source discussion forum, I want to see if you guys and gals seeing this might get this Wish to come true like we did #FreeBritney. I know it's wishful thinking, but you never know. 

Back in 2012, she responded to a fan's tweet asking about it with

@Alex11039 @wordsand1 
Wish I could. We never finished it
Thanks

— @CaroleBSager

Sign the petition to reunite Carole Bayer-Sager and Britney Spears to make more music together.

But if you guys really think this is a ridiculous ask that I should remove from the internet because it's embarrasing, please let me know. It's just such a good song. But maybe I should change the petition to just getting them to reunite. Chime in in the comments. ❤️

spacer.png

Edited by elegantone
I shouldn't have made a petition to get a song finished from Britney's past, not knowing that it was co-written by Wade Robson (who was a source of negativity in her life at that time it was first recorded).
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, elegantone said:

@Alex11039 @wordsand1 
Wish I could. We never finished it
Thanks

— @CaroleBSager

I’m not too familiar with Carole. Do you know anyone in contact with her/does she discuss the song at all in her new book? That’s very interesting. I’d love if welcome to me was at the very least registered to be put on some 20th anniversary vinyl of in the zone. 

Similarly, disguise my love was confirmed to also have been recorded in full by Britney however Michelle Bell doesn’t own Britney’s version. I seriously can’t believe how much time is passing for ITZ to be turning 20 next year. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2022 at 12:48 PM, Rik said:

I would absolutely love for this song to be finished. I doubt it would be and it’s sad to hear it was never finished. One of my absolute favourites- I would love if this petition actually worked haha

I messed this one up. The petition is open for real this time. 😔 https://www.change.org/p/carole-bayer-sager-music-let-s-reunite-britney-spears-and-carole-bayer-sager-to-complete-their-unfinished-song

On 2/14/2022 at 1:44 PM, Youthinkyoufoolme said:

Your taste is immaculate. Easily in my top 5 best songs ever and it's not even finished ! The chorus is just 🔥🔥

The petition is closed though 

Thank you 🙏. I messed up when I posted this, in not double checking the petition. It’s open for real now: https://www.change.org/p/carole-bayer-sager-music-let-s-reunite-britney-spears-and-carole-bayer-sager-to-complete-their-unfinished-song

• Love 1

She doesn’t need to be racking in any royalty money for Wade Robson... it was proven he lied about MJ assaulting him & he was the main instigator for the breakup w/ JT. I know this was recorded after that, but I doubt they’re still on good terms. Also Carole said it was apparent Brit would “rather be getting her nails done than working on the song”

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block