Taylor is not letting us breathe

Body ache

5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I'm very curious if 1989 rerecordings will be good because the re-recorded Red Max Martin tracks aren't as good as the originals 

Personally thinking, I can see them being stronger when compared to the originals. While I get the criticisms that the MM tracks on RED TV, it was less to do with production (I mean, they were fairly identical), and more to do either with delivery of the vocals, and I mean yeah, the moments that most noticeable were some of the more recognised moments in those songs.

I think its worth mentioning that Taylor's vocal delivery has improved ten fold since she first recorded her earlier records, and Red was her working to the best of her abilities at the time. Also, the MM productions had very specific references such as Dubstep influenced synths. 

Wildest Dreams, as a reflection of what will be released is a very strong indicator that the differences will be minimal. 1989 obviously has reference but they are less reflective of the time and more timeless in comparison.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Personally thinking, I can see them being stronger when compared to the originals. While I get the criticisms that the MM tracks on RED TV, it was less to do with production (I mean, they were fairly identical), and more to do either with delivery of the vocals, and I mean yeah, the moments that most noticeable were some of the more recognised moments in those songs.

I think its worth mentioning that Taylor's vocal delivery has improved ten fold since she first recorded her earlier records, and Red was her working to the best of her abilities at the time. Also, the MM productions had very specific references such as Dubstep influenced synths. 

Wildest Dreams, as a reflection of what will be released is a very strong indicator that the differences will be minimal. 1989 obviously has reference but they are less reflective of the time and more timeless in comparison.

I Knew You Were Trouble def was not an improvement. It felt more awkward 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I'm very curious if 1989 rerecordings will be good because the re-recorded Red Max Martin tracks aren't as good as the originals 

I am no Red expert at all. I was never into it and so I was not familiar with the originals nor am I with TV. I loved the 10 min version of ATW, while I never got into the short version, neither the first nor the re recorded one. Having said that, I do agree that her voice has evolved, but also, the vocal delivery took  away from the emotion. I didn't like the new Wildest Dreams, the floppy desperation, the young rawness are gone. I dare say, in the mastering of the tracks, they drowned many things that made the record shine. It does sound more refined, but some tracks don't need refinement, just rawness and in that track, is gone. She seems to have brought in what she learnt in Folklore and Evermore into some of the rerecordings, and although it worked wonderfully for those two albums, it's not what other tracks from her previous discography needed

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block