5 years ago today, Katy Perry released ‘Chained To The Rhythm'

Живак

5 years ago today, Katy Perry released “Chained To The Rhythm” featuring Skip Marley.

The track served as the lead single from ‘Witness’ and became an international top 10 hit. It peaked at #4 on the Hot 100, was nominated for three VMAs & is certified 2x Platinum by the RIAA.

What's your opinion about this iconic lead single?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The start of being Chained to the flop

I like the song and video looks still fresh - it could be released right now and nobody would notice that it was from early 2017

The biggest mistake - not releasing album when the song was on top and waiting until June lol :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

It wasnt as big as California or Roar, but still very successful. 

The Witness album is great, but theres no better choice for lead than this. Very underrated. But i feel that only because of the blonde hair she flopped :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Its ridicious that in Feb 17 she was one of the biggest stars and in summer she was a pure flop, its crazy :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: CurseTina for SNL shade from 2011 was real :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
53 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

That’s Katherine to you! :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Yes Sir, I'm so sorry, so so sorry. 

cat-cutie.gif

Spoiler

KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY KATHY

Spoiler

:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:  :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:  

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

After much thought, because it never truly resonated with me, I realized that I like it because Max Martin produced it and he's smart and made it in a way that the the music is constantly building up, so once it starts you get hooked on it because you can sense that something needs to be completed musically, and once it does, it starts again but with added sounds and effects. Well... "chained to the rhythm", ya know. He's a genius. But this is the first time that I kinda hate something he does because he applied all his talents on a song that I really don't think is that good, nor an appropriate sound coming from Katy, let alone as a first single.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

Wow its been 5 YEARS since her career went downhill?

This was like the beginning of the end for her success.

Plus imo I think because she changed her look, it made people lose interest in her.

She didnt look like th classic sxy black haired beauty that was "katy perry".

She looked like Ellen Degeneres.

But anyways it sucks that this album stopped her success,

hopefully she'll one day have another hit album or song

• Like 1

This song was great. And anyone who hates it is lying. It literally has the exact same beat and melody as “style” by Taylor Swift. (Hi, Max Martin).

It wasn’t until the Grammy red carpet FOR THIS SONG when she made her infamous head shaving comment and then, bam….her career was never the same. But, she did it to herself 

angry katy perry GIF by Idols Global

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block