Britney dances to "Get Naked" in heels: "​this is a tease of what’s to come"

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

and who cares what the GP wants or not, at this "stage" the last thing Britney should care about is having a hit song or album or high sales, or competing with current artists that are in their 30's, 20's or younger, but just being able do whatever she wants and if that also happens to be what HER FANS like, even better. 

I seriously will never get the obsession with what the public thinks or believes about her, or the image she gives, or the impression they have because of her posts or captions, that's their problem, not Britney's, not ours. 

If some of you don't like what she does, or what she looks like, that's ok, you don't have to like everything, but nothing annoys me more than reading that excuse about "the GP this, the GP that" just say "I don't like it" period, "I think she looks like this, or she's giving this vibe/image" not "but what will the GP say". 

Or I would ask you all a different question, when you used to like Britney in the past, was it because she captivated you, or just because "the GP" also liked her? 

Thank you for not simply shouting me down but instead taking the time to write a genuine reply.  You've gave me some stuff to think about, what you're saying isn't wrong.

Maybe I'm having a hard time with this stuff because, like you suggest, it's more a case of I don't like it.  That's tough for me, I had been telling myself the over-s3xualized 'Piece of Me' residency look was all stuff Britney was forced to wear/do because, truth is, that isn't the Britney I fell in love with.  But maybe that's just how Britney sees herself now and I need to accept that.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, handmedown said:

Thank you for not simply shouting me down but instead taking the time to write a genuine reply.  You've gave me some stuff to think about, what you're saying isn't wrong.

Maybe I'm having a hard time with this stuff because, like you suggest, it's more a case of I don't like it.  That's tough for me, I had been telling myself the over-s3xualized 'Piece of Me' residency look was all stuff Britney was forced to wear/do because, truth is, that isn't the Britney I fell in love with.  But maybe that's just how Britney sees herself now and I need to accept that.

I think that's ok. Blackout is my least favorite album, and that's no secret, which always happens to be like :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: when other fans know that.

I'll always prefer the bubblegum pop I fell in love with, but over the years I've not only accepted it, but also learn to love that Britney Spears has all these different sides in her, and she's able to put them in not just her music, but also her looks, her posts, etc. so I appreciate she can have a song like Brightest Morning Star and another one like Work ***** on the same album. I love when I put all the songs on shuffle and Dear Diary plays after Get Naked then some FF track, etc. because she's all of that, and not many artists have that versatility over the years, let alone in the same record. 

We see this ****, maybe overly ***ual side of her, but then the next post it's her contemplating flowers, or some goofy story about her hair, so that's what I take with me, all the different colors and aspects that Britney has. If the public or the non-fans can't appreciate that, too bad, but her fans that have followed her for more than 20 years, we know she's more than this unidimensional person that always does the same thing. When she released Blackout back in the day, I was like, this is it, there goes my favorite pop artist, and never imagined that after Blackout we would ever get songs like My Baby, or Ooh La La or Now That I Found You, etc, but she did it, so chances are in the future she'll be going back to the "mommy" posts, but all the other aspects will still live in her, ready to shine at some point :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, handmedown said:

I had hoped now that she has more control over her image she'd put some clothes on.

The ******* look has been going on for too long.  We've seen your *** Britney, we want to HEAR.  YOUR.  VOICE.

This was a much ***ier look:

spacer.png

Yes! Bring back the low rise jeans and crop tops. Enough with the leotards and cheap ******** outfits! 

I would love if she bring back the Sci Fi Elements into her wardrobe and perfomances again. 

And whoever was her stylist ITZ era should be hired again. She was serving look after look that era. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

She looked like Super Heroine that era! Giving Catwoman and all the other girls a run of their money lol. 

And in her past eras, she always looked so good! It wasnt until her dad took control (ironically) that she started to show so much more skin and use all those unflattering leotards. Bring back the "goth"looks like she was wearing in Stronger or Boys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Who dressed her in the Boys video?? She served so much  on that video.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think that's ok. Blackout is my least favorite album, and that's no secret, which always happens to be like :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: when other fans know that.

I'll always prefer the bubblegum pop I fell in love with, but over the years I've not only accepted it, but also learn to love that Britney Spears has all these different sides in her, and she's able to put them in not just her music, but also her looks, her posts, etc. so I appreciate she can have a song like Brightest Morning Star and another one like Work ***** on the same album. I love when I put all the songs on shuffle and Dear Diary plays after Get Naked then some FF track, etc. because she's all of that, and not many artists have that versatility over the years, let alone in the same record. 

We see this ****, maybe overly ***ual side of her, but then the next post it's her contemplating flowers, or some goofy story about her hair, so that's what I take with me, all the different colors and aspects that Britney has. If the public or the non-fans can't appreciate that, too bad, but her fans that have followed her for more than 20 years, we know she's more than this unidimensional person that always does the same thing. When she released Blackout back in the day, I was like, this is it, there goes my favorite pop artist, and never imagined that after Blackout we would ever get songs like My Baby, or Ooh La La or Now That I Found You, etc, but she did it, so chances are in the future she'll be going back to the "mommy" posts, but all the other aspects will still live in her, ready to shine at some point :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

Absolutely love everything you wrote here, great perspective.  Thank you.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Watch Me Work It said:

I know which tweet you're referring to (the one indicating it's the same studio) and I think it comes from a certain group of people who are having a hard time letting go. these people spend their day nitpicking every single thing and no matter what she uploads it's always going to be wrong in their eyes. They also don't seem to understand that they don't know Britney personally and that social media is just a glimpse of her life and not all there is to it.  :rihstare_rihanna_well_stare_staring_fingers_looking_around:

I think its old. But I dont think its a problem though. I still believe Britney can put this out herself, she probably intended to do that in 2018, but never got to it.
I really do believe its old, but not in the "OMG she is still controlled!!!" way.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Even if I reacted the exact same way you anticipated reading “Blackout is my least favourite album”, I can’t help but only agree with everything you said!

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, handmedown said:

Of course she can wear what she wants but if she posts it then we can comment on it.

I think when she posts these sorts of things it's important to remember that what we see - a beaten down woman rising from the ashes - is not what the general public sees.  What the general public sees is more akin to what we might experience looking at Madonna's posts....a tired, desperate act.  

I'm sorry, I love and have loved Britney for 20+ years but the reality is nobody (other than gay men) wants to see a woman at Britney's stage (it's not simply age) in life dress and gyrate like this.  

Read the comments (admittedly DM commenters are bottom feeders) if you don't believe me. 

**** the gp, did u become a fan cuz of the gp or cuz of Britney??? Some of y’all really need to stop caring what non-fans think.

Also as a 40 year old woman myself, if I had Brit’s body, I’d be half naked and gyrating too, this whole ageist mentality needs to die already. Just cuz u turn a certain age doesn’t mean u suddenly lose all your ***uality. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Zanderfree said:

Hate to break it to y’all this ain’t new this from 2017-2018.. but it does let us know she has so many golden videos saved. You can tell by her body and face this ain’t currently either way she looks great then and now

Hmm how can you tell this is from 4 years ago? Cause this video looks like in better quality than the old iPhone 6 footage. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, handmedown said:

Of course she can wear what she wants but if she posts it then we can comment on it.

I think when she posts these sorts of things it's important to remember that what we see - a beaten down woman rising from the ashes - is not what the general public sees.  What the general public sees is more akin to what we might experience looking at Madonna's posts....a tired, desperate act.  

I'm sorry, I love and have loved Britney for 20+ years but the reality is nobody (other than gay men) wants to see a woman at Britney's stage (it's not simply age) in life dress and gyrate like this.  

Read the comments (admittedly DM commenters are bottom feeders) if you don't believe me. 

I genuinely disagree. I think straight men and other “heteronormative” members of the gp think Britney is hot, just like they think J.lo is hot. 

she’s maybe not the “it girl” or everyone’s cup of tea - particularly the young ppl who are into the new faces on the scene but that’s not to say she isn’t a hot woman in her own right. 

The bitter ppl posting hateful comments will always be there but I think the overall consensus is people are happy for Britney and think she’s ****! 

5 hours ago, handmedown said:

DM commenters don’t represent the reality, it’s full of conservatives

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block