Where is Michelle Branch?

I have more than 500,000 songs in my library I am one of those who never delete a song and couple of days before All you wanted came on and I absolutely went back and started listening to Michelle albums backs to back where the heck is this women? Was she popular in your country :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Love 5
8 hours ago, NoGlorySlander said:

I have more than 500,000 songs in my library I am one of those who never delete a song and couple of days before All you wanted came on and I absolutely went back and started listening to Michelle albums backs to back where the heck is this women? Was she popular in your country :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Do you actually have that many songs? I’ve never known a person who even has 5000 songs.

1 hour ago, Rik said:

Baby I’m gonna explain to everyone what happened to her. She basically was supposed to record a follow up to Hotel Paper, and because it didn’t do as well as Spirit Room, the label (Maverick) was a bit hesitant to let Michelle pursue her artistic endeavours to their fullest, especially because she had recently announced that she was pregnant with her first child with Teddy Landeau, her first husband and former drummer (he’s 19 years her senior). 

She decided to go the country route with her Hotel Paper tour backup singer (she also co-wrote some tracks on Hotel Paper like the bonus track Lay Me Down which would later be reworked into a country route). Together the formed the group the Wreckers. They broke up due to creative and personal reasons that were never fully explained. Michelle wanted to continue to go the country route at this point, recording countless of tracks between 2007-2010 got an album called Everything Comes and Goes. It saw her recording with several country singer songwriters in Nashville like Hillary Lindsey. John Shanks also accompanied them for a few efforts throughout the process of an album that would continue to get shelved and ultimately reduced to a 6 track EP under the same title in August 2010. maverick was absorbed into Warner Brothers leading to several changes with the release of (or lack there of) her projects.  That summer Michelle also attempted to do an additional country album this time tentatively titled “a Different Kind of Country”. She expressed her frustrations with the label not taking her seriously and the country community rejecting her for being a pop rocker during her teens and not sounding like Carrie Underwood “no matter how hard [she] tried”.

In Spring 2011 Michelle went to London to start fresh And began recording to create a pop rock album (however different sonically). John Shanks was not there? And the acoustic gutair was nowhere to be found as she had had it with country music stressing her out. She went as far as releasing a single, Loud Music, and a buzz single It You Happen to Call on her website for free. Songs like Spark and For Dear Life were previewed on her “Making of the Album” YouTube releases that summer and fall. During this time the label experienced even more changes and would continue to post pone the release of her album. Warner told her that her record would be released in 2011, 2012, and then finally in sprint 2013 was when she was promised it would come out.. she also talked about starting the recording process for a more commercial album for the label. This did not happen and she instead was left hanging again. Tracks would continue to leak off both records until almost an albums worth of material circulated the internet in late 2014/early 2015. 

finally in the summer of 2014 she filed for a divorce from her husband whom she has a daughter, Owen (now 16) with. In early 2015 She was finally sat down by someone at the label telling her that due to changes and the presidents changing constantly, it was better if she just left and got her voice back. She was 29 and for the first time free…. And lost admittedly. Divorced, without a Label and all. She ended up meeting the drummer from the Black Keys, Patrick Carney at a Grammys after party in 2015 where he asked her where she disappeared from after the 2000s. They began working together on an album called Hopeless Romantic, opting for a more dream pop, alternative rock sound. It’s much softer and sophisticated. It was released by Verve/UMG in 2017. 

In 2019 Michelle welcomed a son with Patrick Carney whom she got married to. She suffered from a miscarriage last year and recently gave birth to another baby last week if I am not mistaken. She re recorded all songs from the Spirit Room for the 20th anniversary and we can expect pressed vinyl of this and the original album soon. 

her new album, The Trouble With Fever is also expected to come out this year as well. Hope this answered any unanswered questions @Adriannn @NoGlorySlander

Thanks for this! 

I had no idea about any of this and honestly just thought she was dropped from her label back in the 00's. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block