Is Lynne Spears a failed Kris Jenner?

11 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I wish someone working in the music mgmt business could describe what each of these “business managers” does.

I think Britney was tri-stars only real business management client. With J.Lo for example, it seems like tri-star might have just provided bookkeeping services…tallying costs and receipts…and only for the Vegas residency. Very different and much less involvement than full business and career management.

It would make sense for tri-star to provide bookkeeping service for other celebs doing Vegas residencies because tri-star would have had established relationships with the venders because of Brit.

I’m not sure how to learn the different “management” roles…this would be very specific to the music industry and only peeps working in the biz would know.

No, Lou was the business manager for multiple A-list entertainers.

They all came after Britney, but Tri-Star already had a full roster of notable sports and modelling clients even before the CON started. As in, I recognized all of their names.

By 2016, Lou was being talked about frequently in music circles:

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/women-in-music-2016-most-powerful-executives-7595964/

And by the time JLo's show launched Lou was seen as the "mastermind" behind the residency...Not a bookkeeper, but the mastermind. At least that's the image she was crafting online.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:35 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

and then if Lou Taylor took over mid 2017, is this why Britney says things got much worse for her around 2018?

I suspect things got worse for Britney because Jamie came back from Nashville in 2017 and she started rebelling.

He moved there to be with Jamie Lynn while she was recording her album...That left Bryan to take over the "Tour Manager" spot throughout the recording of Glory and the launch of POM 2.0.

That position started with this:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

And then it grew into "Atara Tours, LLC" when Vegas launched in 2013.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Brentwood is a southern suburb of Nashville, so pinning this down might be difficult.

"In 2001, Tri Star opened a Nashville office..."

https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/britney-spears-kenny-britt1202599274-1202599274/

That could be referring to the Brentwood office or the Nashville office...But I do know they were still at 215 Ward Circle in Brentwood when the CON started.

Good point - this information does exist somewhere. I think TSW covered it. 
Stonebridge and Tri Star shared the 215 ward circle address until Tri Star moved to 11 music circle. If TriStar moved to 11 music cir before June 3, 2017, then we know that Lynne’s relationship was with Stonebridge, not Tri-Star.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Stonebridge and Tri Star shared the 215 ward circle address until Tri Star moved to 11 music circle. If TriStar moved to 11 music cir before June 3, 2017, then we know that Lynne’s relationship was with Stonebridge, not Tri-Star.

I'm guessing Lynne's relationship was with Tri-Star.

When she released her book in 2009 she was still on good terms with Lou...So there would have been some degree of bookkeeping going on.

9 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

"Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group CEO Lou Taylor has sold the company’s Nashville office building located at 11 Music Circle S...The 12,000 square feet building was once owned by the late Country Music Hall of Fame member and talent agency owner Hubert Long. It has held Taylor’s Nashville staff since 2013."

Link: https://musicrow.com/2021/04/lou-taylor-sells-tri-stars-nashville-office-building/

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block