Question. Is Jamie Lynn's New Netflix Series "Sweet Magnolias" Even Good?

2 minutes ago, Rik said:

I have a friend who watches it and says it’s not a good show in general. According to her, Jamie Lynn cannot act very well and her character is really annoying and naive. When I looked up the show and how viewers responded to it online, people said the show was never going to win an Emmy or anything but that it was just kinda there.

I’m surprised that some people on Reddit and stuff (this is largely before the GP knew about jamie Lynn’s involvement in the conservatorship) said jamie Lynn embodied the character better than others though, making it more believable. that being said her character was also described by them as being naive, self concerned and kind of young and annoying. Guess it makes sense she’d be believable in that though hdjdjdjd

the demographic for this show overall…. Idek who it’s supposed to be made for 

Lol prolly older southern folks in Louisiana it's made for :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I'm surprised it got a season two :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I may watch a few episodes just for fun :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

• Haha 3

I started to watch because I've always like Joanna Garcia since she was on Reba... overall, it's very cliche "newly single mom has to manage life with kids, work and friends etc... how can she possibly do it all?" ... of course she manages to get through all her hardships with her best girlfriend by her side (and she's there for them too) and looks cute while doing it too

I watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes. It's not great. JL doesn't add or make it worse tbh, and she does actually have a couple cute scenes with one of the kids but overall she's pretty useless.

Spoiler: her character is the main protagonists ex husband's mistress, who just wants to be accepted by her new family

• Love 1
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

Okay don't come for me, lol :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Just curious. I'm almost done with Younger and wanna binge watch another show today.. is it good.. 

jamie lynn spears cma awards GIF by The 52nd Annual CMA Awards

I haven't watched Sweet Magnolias but a show that might be in a similar ball park is virgin river, it's also on netflix. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

19 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

I started to watch because I've always like Joanna Garcia since she was on Reba...

I love that show, it was such a hoot to watch. Reba's character was nothing but an inspiration. 
Animation Point GIF

:flop_britney_candies: On a side note I wish my poll yesterday had some activity, I'm curious to know if anyone stopped watching SM to boycott JL.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Letslearn said:

I haven't watched Sweet Magnolias but a show that might be in a similar ball park is virgin river, it's also on netflix. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I love that show, it was such a hoot to watch. Reba's character was nothing but an inspiration. 
Animation Point GIF

:flop_britney_candies: On a side note I wish my poll yesterday had some activity, I'm curious to know if anyone stopped watching SM to boycott JL.  

I'm sure some did stop watching it because of JL and rightfully so. I try not too feed into the JL hate because it's Britney's little sis and I do not wanna disrespect Britney she can do the dragging :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I watched season 1 before all this mess but won't be watching season 2. There really is nothing special about it just your regular run of the milll hallmark esque type show. 

Jamie lynns acting is just as bland as you would expect it to be. 

That is weird because I thought she was a good actor as a kid on Zoey 101. That was like one of my favorite shows lol :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block