Better discography: Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey?

Better discography: Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

One trick pony? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

She has done more genres than Britney has 

I just can't compare the two discographies, but I have to chose Lana Del Rey, just because she does not have a Britney Jean stain on her discography

List every single one of them. Britney’s done teen-pop, dance-pop, urban-pop, electro-pop, euro-pop, edm, R&B, rock, hip-hop, trance, holiday, country, opera, disco the list goes on and on because she’s versatile something Lana isn’t. All Lana has given the girls is  chamber alt pop and trip hop with some occasional blues/psychedelic rock thrown in. For you to even pretend like she doesn’t showcases you don’t know Lana’s discography at ALL.

You’re pitting me against my two favorite artists of all time. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

I feel like they cover both extremes of my personality: Britney for when I need to feel like a ****, confident, energetic bad ***** and Lana when I need to feel like a sad, calm, relaxed bad *****. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Anyways, I’m going to have to go with Lana because she doesn’t have some of the huge misses that Britney had with Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. I also just have never vibed with like half of the BOMT album, and I generally don’t like her 1990s/2000s sound on BOMT, OIDIA, and Britney. I’m not the biggest fan of the Britney album either.

Lana is probably one of best songwriters of our generation, and her music is pretty much always high quality.

I feel like it’s kinda unfair to compare them due to Britney being in the conservatorship and not having control over half of her career and the fact that Britney has more personality, charisma, stage presence, is more of a performer/entertainer, etc. whereas Lana’s strengths are more in her music, writing, is more artistic, etc. while her persona and performances take more of a backseat.

It’s like comparing the high school popular girl (Britney) to the quiet artsy weird loner girl (Lana). They both have their strengths, and it’s not an apples to apples comparison. That’s not to say that Britney doesn’t have a strong discography because she really does. Music is the most important thing to me in an artist, so I wouldn’t be stanning Britney if she had a weak discography. But comparing Britney and Lana on discography alone isn’t painting the full picture of each artist.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

List every single one of them. Britney’s done teen-pop, dance-pop, urban-pop, electro-pop, euro-pop, edm, R&B, rock, hip-hop, trance, holiday, country, opera, disco the list goes on and on because she’s versatile something Lana isn’t. All Lana has given the girls is  chamber alt pop and trip hop with some occasional blues/psychedelic rock thrown in. For you to even pretend like she doesn’t showcases you don’t know Lana’s discography at ALL.

Opera? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

It seems you don't know Lana's discography that well if you think all she's done is chamber pop, trip-hop and psychedelic rock, since she also has done baroque pop, hip hop, r&b, disco, electro-pop, trap, folk, dance-pop, dream pop, ambient, surf rock, pop-rock etc.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Opera? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

It seems you don't know Lana's discography that well if you think all she's done is chamber pop, trip-hop and psychedelic rock, since she also has done baroque pop, hip hop, r&b, disco, electro-pop, trap, folk, dance-pop, dream pop, ambient, surf rock, pop-rock etc.

Reference the songs for said genres. I l love how you just rephrased the genres I mentioned. Yes opera she’s done it live and in Mona Lisa bridge. 

16 hours ago, Lex993 said:

Reference the songs for said genres. I l love how you just rephrased the genres I mentioned. Yes opera she’s done it live and in Mona Lisa bridge. 

Some examples:

Hip hop: Ridin', National Anthem

Trap: Summer Bummer, High by the Beach

Disco: Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

Electropop: Brite Lites, Hollywood

Dance-pop: Paradise, Queen of Disaster, Party Girl

Lounge: Terrence Loves You

Baroque pop: Video Games, Bel Air

Pop-rock: Velvet Crowbar

Soul / soul-pop: Ride

Orchestral: Once Upon a Dream, Young and Beautiful

Bubblegum pop: BBM Baby

Dream pop: Lust for Life, Get Free

Folk: Venice *****, Tomorrow Never Came, Sirens (whole album)

RnB: Prisoner, Roses, Beautiful Player

Surf rock: JFK

• Haha 1

Not my favourite girls being compared here, Britney has been my first love she was my first english song I became a Lana fan since her debut all of her unreleased stuff etc etc! But here, I would have to give it to Britney she has songs for every mood while Lana doesn't I listen to majority of my music whole driving to work or to my music school where Lana doesn't suit at all but Britney does. 

And please except 5 stans nobody cares who is writing what, Y'all really think Justin is such a big hit because of his writings when he doesn't write at all? GP cares for good music. 

Lana and Britney is a very odd comparison it's like comparing Miley vs Taylor. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block