Better discography: Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey?

Better discography: Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both MASSIVE icons who are regarded as the most influential female artists of their respective eras. Both walked the line between virgin coquette and lolita-in-vixen, and the similarities between them can’t be ignored. In this respect, Spears and Del Rey have cultivated a sort of unique banality that has made them just special enough to seem avant-garde. As for lyrical connections, Del Rey delights in painting the image of the tragic girl, the sort who is run-down and destroyed—whether by Hollywood or by a man. Similarly, Spears embodies this same genre of a fatally flawed character. There are also striking similarities in the sound of Spears’ and Del Rey’s songs. Where Spears’ music is concerned, it has gone the moody Del Rey route numerous times in the past, expressing her fair share of agony through her artistry. 

spacer.png

Now Exhale, let’s discuss. spacer.png

Whose discography is better? spacer.png

Britney’s musical highlights: Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Lucky, Stronger, I’m a Slave 4 U, Overprotected, Breathe On Me, Toxic, Everytime, Gimme More, Circus :matches:

Lana’s musical highlights: Lucky Ones, National Anthem, Ride, American, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Florida Kilos, Mariners Apartment Complex, Cinnamon Girl, the greatest :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Haha 6
5 minutes ago, Kletus said:

Britney vs Lana, hmm. Well I think this would be a very hard experiment to conduct. Anyone who’s listened to Lana del Rey’s discography killed themselves from depression midway through :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Brave of you to say this when Britney’s discography is almost unlistenable post-Circus (with the exception of a few FF bops, Man on the Moon and Slumber Party) :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Lex993 said:

Comparing Britney who’s albums have evolved and has done every genre to Lana (who I love) one trick pony melancholia is the ultimate level of disrespect. 

One trick pony? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

She has done more genres than Britney has 

I just can't compare the two discographies, but I have to chose Lana Del Rey, just because she does not have a Britney Jean stain on her discography

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block