Would Britney Have Ended Up like Katy Perry if She Never Had a Breakdown?

On 1/31/2022 at 4:54 PM, jordeezy said:

EXACTLY Doja is Dr Luke's new "muse". 

I don't like Doja, but she should stay away from that problematic ***

OT: I don't know, but she still would've performed and still doing it like Primeney maybe even success-wise (like @CrazyButItFeelsAllright said, The ONLY reason Katy, Rihanna, Taylor, Nicki etc only reached that level of success just because Brit declined and was in a conservatorship sadly) 

• Love 2

No she could have been bigger, she was coming of age and improving as an artist, ITZ was so amazing to be honest, she was on the path to continue making amazing music that she liked and was passionate about. 

My dream is that now im time, that comes true in a way. They stole her dreams, I feel like this was one of them

• Love 5
On 1/31/2022 at 6:15 PM, TheBestFan said:

If Britney did not have a breakdown, she would likely be closer to Beyonce's current status, but with less grammy's and higher overall album sales. Britney has always been incredibly creative and, before the conservatorship, always seemed to want to push the boundaries of pop and her vocal range/persona. I could see several themed and experimental albums. I could see a visual album filled with great story and fun bops. I could also see tons and tons of songs full of growth and personal touches. The problem is that the breakdown lead to the conservatorship which basically froze her growth in place and in some ways made her regress since her puppet master was her daddy.

This made me tear, I feel the same, she could have been even bigger :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

So over here in the real world....

Approach your average 30 year old on the street and ask them to name a Britney Spears song that came out after Toxic and they might say something like "That one where she goes 'Britney *****'".  Even then it'd be unclear if they meant Gimme More or Scream & Shout.  That's the truth.  

The GP hasn't really cared about Britney Spears' music since Toxic.  Britney Spears the 'character' has been what's kept her in the public consciousness all these years since.

If it weren't for the fact that everyone had already written her of as 'crazy' by the time it came out and if Blackout had had a true prime Britney level marketing and PR drive, then I think it could have completely reinvented her career for at least another few years in the publics mind.  For those of us that remember though, what actually happened was everyone was making bald Britney jokes while fans were desperately screaming into the wind :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:, desperately trying to divert peoples attention to this musical masterpiece she'd just created.  It was too late at that stage, nobody cared and they haven't cared about her music since.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, handmedown said:

Approach your average 30 year old on the street and ask them to name a Britney Spears song that came out after Toxic and they might say something like "That one where she goes 'Britney *****'".  Even then it'd be unclear if they meant Gimme More or Scream & Shout.  That's the truth.  

The GP hasn't really cared about Britney Spears' music since Toxic.  Britney Spears the 'character' has been what's kept her in the public consciousness all these years since.

If it weren't for the fact that everyone had already written her of as 'crazy' by the time it came out and if Blackout had had a true prime Britney level marketing and PR drive, then I think it could have completely reinvented her career for at least another few years in the publics mind.  For those of us that remember though, what actually happened was everyone was making bald Britney jokes while fans were desperately screaming into the wind :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:, desperately trying to divert peoples attention to this musical masterpiece she'd just created.  It was too late at that stage, nobody cared and they haven't cared about her music since.

"nobody has cared about her music since" is an interesting way to describe a woman who landed 3 more Hot 100 #1's AFTER she shaved her head. I guess only Stans supported all her singles post 2008?

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I remember that I was kinda bored with the toxic choreography and said myself is she repeating herself? Toxic moves are obviously the copy version if Slave :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

oh little that I knew that was the last proper era that I will get:umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

I think she would at least put on some cool eras maybe boring for Britney standards  but still sell millions and be decent comparing to other artists.:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Love 1
20 hours ago, handmedown said:

'Nobody cares about her music after Toxic' meanwhile

FKrNHlSVQAIrSc7?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
On 1/31/2022 at 1:44 PM, DulaPeeps said:

This. It's clear as day to any music efficionado/pop music "historian" that Justin Bieber was the male equivalent to the success Britney achieved when she first came out. Their careers parallel each other in many ways. Nobody after the original legends ( Madonna, Prince, Janet, Michael ) aside from Bieber has achieved the level of success and worldwide impact the way Britney achieved. And that's not cap. Go do your musical homework and you'll see I'm speaking the truth.

I'm not knocking Bieber, but his impact, musically and culturally, was nowhere near the level of Britney.

• Love 1

I don’t think so. Britney is on another level than Katy. And being Britney she is, I think it will be her nature to adjust and reinvent herself. If anything I can only compare her to Madonna. Yes, people will bored of her, just like people bored with Madonna’s s** era. But she will come up with something new like Ray of Light. Same thing with Britney when people bored of her with slave. She come up with toxic the next year. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Almost Mystical said:

I don’t think so. Britney is on another level than Katy. And being Britney she is, I think it will be her nature to adjust and reinvent herself. If anything I can only compare her to Madonna. Yes, people will bored of her, just like people bored with Madonna’s s** era. But she will come up with something new like Ray of Light. Same thing with Britney when people bored of her with slave. She come up with toxic the next year. 

Er0tica era was so ahead of it's time and pushed the boundaries, people weren't bored, they were disgusted and saw it as a gimmick, but on the artistic level and impact it was one of the best M eras. Without this era M never be the queen of pop.

4 hours ago, Живак said:

Er0tica era was so ahead of it's time and pushed the boundaries, people weren't bored, they were disgusted and saw it as a gimmick, but on the artistic level and impact it was one of the best M eras. Without this era M never be the queen of pop.

I agree. And seeing her documentary from 1991 just show how forward thinking she is from the very start. I’m just pointing out how the “s**” image has latched on to her for almost 5 years, starting from justify my love to human nature. Her next studio album changed this and she reinvent herself on Ray of Light. 

My point is that, being the Britney Spears herself, she must’ve saw this coming and she might come up with something new. People already bored of her since Oops but she just get people to talk about her with VMA kiss and Toxic. With full creative control, god knows how many Toxic she’ll unearth from that piles of unwanted demo. 

What’s done is done I guess. Britney’s now free, back on the headlines, and she don’t seems to want to be retired anytime soon. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DulaPeeps said:

If you really think that. Then you must either be too young to have remembered Britney's prime. Or are ignorant when it comes to pop music history.

:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: No, I'm just not delusional. Like I said, I'm not denying Justin has had huge success, but to say that his cultural impact was on the same level of Britney's is just pure delusion

14 hours ago, DulaPeeps said:

If you really think that. Then you must either be too young to have remembered Britney's prime. Or are ignorant when it comes to pop music history.

I have witnessed both, Justin had a same media obsession like Britney but cultural impact he didn't had at all can you tell me what he has impacted according to you? JB is a successful pop star and I can't imagine 2010s without his hits but his impact has been negligible but he does have global fame that I can agree upon.

• 8 months later...

No. Britney success would have continued. When Britney divorced kevin, everyone was back on britneys side & couldn't wait until she released new music. Also, ITZcould have sold more. ITZ started to decline when Britney canceled the tour & stopped promoting. 

Britney still had selling power. Her greatest hits album kinda proved that. It sold really well considering the promotion was minimal. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block