10 years ago today, Lana Del Rey released her cultural reset, “Born To Die” and changed pop music forever.

The intro: spacer.png

i love this album! I remember discovering Lana during my 3rd year of college on a blog and falling in love with her music. i even did a assignment on born to die (the song), explaining the lyrics and my interpretation of them. The way Lana sings the lyrics that help you paint a picture in your mind is incredible! Even with her most recent album she’s still painting a picture with the music. Born to die is a great record and love listening to it again and again! 

My favorite songs of the album.

- off to the races 

- National anthem 

- born to die 

- radio

- Carmen 

spacer.png

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

One of the only albums I can listen to from beginning to end. This was also such a fun, carefree year that I have such nostalgia for all these bops. lana del rey smoking GIF

Taste. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: It took me a while to get into her but I’ve grown to appreciate this album so much overtime. So many of my friends were obsessed with her. It could seriously make me cry from nostalgia. The soundtrack to my senior year and 2012/13. Indeed an incredible year.  :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 3

This album gives me all the feels. 

She's had her hits and misses since but this is one of very few albums that I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a single song.

It was so unexpected and different at the time, so much so that I didn't really "get" it until a few years later.

• Love 4

This whole album legit influenced an entire generation. It came out when I was in 9th grade and you can imagine what those four years were like seeing tumblr era really peak, along with the wannabe Lana and Lordes. What a time to be alive, I recently bought this on vinyl a few months back (well, the summer now I guess omg). 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

It was so unexpected and different at the time, so much so that I didn't really "get" it until a few years later.

Feel that, ultra violence is when I really hopped on board but blue jeans captivated me so much upon release that I knew it was something different. Critics were divided over her authenticity due to her former Lizzy Grant efforts and SNL performance. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I am in awe whenever I listen to this album. It’s just amazing. 
Now, Jessica, one would think that you just copy pasted from some blog, but no, great article. 

It really is. So many A-list pop acts like Taylor, Miley, Rihanna, Gaga, Selena, Billie — heck even Britney drew influence from this album and era.

And thank youuu. I spent some time researching and including articles with some of my own input and excerpts. Besides Britney, I don’t think there’s any other female artist I care about more than Lana. I knew I had to make this thread special in honor of her 10 years. 

• Love 2

I don't like Lana. I feel like Lena Del Ray's BTD is iconic album due to extreamly brilliant singles, so okay. She could be massive, but she couldn't handle that and turned into a has-been indie star with ******* low budget videos to the point that is soooo boring.

I would never forgive her destroying Ultraviolence era, i loved rawness of this album.

Anyway i like only singles from BTD. Anyway its important album for pop culture.

6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow its 10 years old?

I actually never heard the entire album besides 'Summertime Sadness'

Is it good? Do you recommend it?

:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: Girl what, you are missing out…I’m shocked. And well ofc it’s good. BTD is regarded as one of the most important albums of all time. Her music isn’t obviously dance or bubblegum-pop like Britney’s but rather more melancholic and dream/cinematic-esque pop with some psychedelic, folk, trip-hop and rock n roll flares (depending on which album). She’s a brilliant artist and most Britney fans also love Lana. In fact, Lana’s a huge Britney fan herself and used to praise her as among the greats. You can also hear a little bit of Britney’s influence in some of Lana’s earlier music. Overall, she has many great bodies of work. I’d say Born To Die Paradise Edition is a great place to start. My personal favorite album of hers is Ultraviolence. It’s extremely raw and vulnerable. Norman F___ing Rockwell is also brilliant too. These 3 albums are her holy trinity imo. Now get to work work! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block