Is coconut milk an energy sustainable and environmentally friendly

I’m drinking coconut milk rn with my froot loops because I live alone now and wanted to start buying oat milk but it was out at the store so I settled for coconut instead 

but now sustainable is it in comparison to oat milk? I know oat is far better for the environment overall in comparison to almond milk given how much water is needed to make almond milk vs oat….,, but now I have the same question for coconut milk

anyone know 

4 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Well, if you can't chose between those 2, have you ever tried almond or hazelnut milk?

I’ve tried almond!!! I have yet to try hazelnut but feel like that would be delicious, especially a vanilla or chocolate flavoured!! Have you tried hazelnut milk??

• Super Mods

Literally NOTHING is environmentally friendly at this point as we are nearing the 8 billion population mark. Whatever it is that we like consuming will have to be produced in insanely large quantities that will, in one or another way, damage some part of the ecosystem. 

• Super Mods

I like nut milk, if you know what I mean. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Back on topic though; I also wonder what the environmental impacts of all these milk alternatives are… a quick search indicates that coconut milk is a notch above almond and cow milk in impact, since they’re only grown in certain regions and require lots or shipping/export. But other grain and nut based mills are better since they require less water to grow, make, don’t take too much land, etc.

https://coffeeaffection.com/most-environmentally-friendly-milk/

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/eco-friendly-non-dairy-milks

Guess I gotta find an almond milk replacement! :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

On 1/29/2022 at 12:09 PM, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

try Fanta Zero it IS sugarfree

Lovez it

On 1/29/2022 at 12:33 AM, SlayOut said:

I like nut milk, if you know what I mean. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Back on topic though; I also wonder what the environmental impacts of all these milk alternatives are… a quick search indicates that coconut milk is a notch above almond and cow milk in impact, since they’re only grown in certain regions and require lots or shipping/export. But other grain and nut based mills are better since they require less water to grow, make, don’t take too much land, etc.

https://coffeeaffection.com/most-environmentally-friendly-milk/

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/eco-friendly-non-dairy-milks

Guess I gotta find an almond milk replacement! :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

loves it

On 1/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

Yes

:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: Thanks even commenting on this and being so ******* fake with me. I am fully aware that you are SCUM jamie Lynn. I need me some chocolate drink with ice and the sugar on top :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave: I’m gonna ask Lynne spears brb

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Even though my response is a bit belated, I wanted to say that coconut milk is definitely a tasty choice for your froot loops! While oat milk is known for its environmental benefits compared to almond milk, coconut milk also has some sustainability perks. Coconuts require less water to grow than almonds, which is great for conserving water resources. Moreover, coconut trees are highly sustainable and require minimal pesticides or fertilizers. Additionally, I prefer natural coconut milk not just because it tastes amazing, but also because it offers a wide range of nutrients and amino acids that are beneficial for our health and well-being. It's a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.

Edited by OrionSchneider
18 hours ago, OrionSchneider said:

Even though my response is a bit belated, I wanted to say that coconut milk is definitely a tasty choice for your froot loops! While oat milk is known for its environmental benefits compared to almond milk, coconut milk also has some sustainability perks. Coconuts require less water to grow than almonds, which is great for conserving water resources. Moreover, coconut trees are highly sustainable and require minimal pesticides or fertilizers.

Omfg

1 minute ago, Jup1ter said:

I love fresh coconut water and coconut milk is used on some receipts, love it, it's high on fat

Coconut milk is not bad for the environment 

Omg I forgot i even asked this 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block