“I wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a singer.” Golden Globe Winner Lady Gaga and Jake Gyllenhaal for Variety’s #ActorsOnActors Issue

The two A-list stars take on Variety Magazine’s #ActorsOnActors cover story.

“I’ve never held anyone like this,” Jake Gyllenhaal says as he wrapped his arm around Lady Gaga’s waist, as a small group of handlers coo their approval.

“Mommy and Daddy love each other,” Gaga says. “Good job, honey.” 

Lady Gaga also took this opportunity to profess her love of Donnie Darko to the film’s star himself.

“I don’t want to lie and tell you I haven’t seen it so many times,” she told Jake Gyllenhaal.

“That just made my day,” he replied.

FKCaBzNXMAApEZZ?format=jpg&name=large

Lady Gaga says: "I wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a singer. I would actually say playing a character for me is like living one long song."

spacer.png

They bond over films, social justice issues, their bodies of work, and getting lost in past acting roles they have portrayed. Video clips of the interview, courtesy of Variety Magazine and Amazon Prime:

gaga111.jpg.f210b6c4e33acf69d024f77cecbac8ee.jpg

• Love 2

Lady Gaga it's a smart woman, she knows american music industry it's going down, promotion activities are harder than ever, public attention span to music also it's getting lower, as singer/composer, everything it's a risk rn (not only for LG, i'm saying this as general ideal). And also she knows that her public image changed with her debut on cinemas and she now can appeal more in screens being actress and doing some random OST instead of playing the pop diva 24/7.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block