Britney: "I got this bathing suit from Target… it was my favorite and then when paps shot me looking like that... I threw it away and got really sad"

Of course the paps would only publish the photos that make her body look 'less put together'. You've been living under a rock for the past 20+ years if you don't know Britney loves dancing and working out. I'm about as thin as a pin needle and even I have unflattering angles that make me look like I have overflowing fat. That's not on anything but the fact that our bodies are just bodies and they are not always attractive all the time. And that's okay, even though it doesn't feel okay. It's something a lot of people struggle with, whether they're unknown people or famous celebrities. But the public is ruthless and it saddens me that it gets to Britney like that. She has an AMAZING body! She may be fourty years old but I have no doubt in my mind that she is perfectly capable of getting her body in tour/residency-shape again - and she has been on the scene for 20+ years, she carried and bared two babies and she survived exploitative conservatorship abuse. Her body is STRONG. Don't let them get to you, Brit!

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Just because you don't understand her doesn't mean she's exaggerating.  She is on a journey of rediscovering her true self... A journey where her feelings are raw... For the first time in over a decade, Britney is able to express her thoughts and feelings about herself and the world that surrounds her both positive and negatives. I can speak to you as a woman… I have been in her place, me, an ordinary person who does not receive even a quarter of all the hate she receives and all the looks from all the eyes that see her, and I can tell you that just like her I have thrown away clothes because of comments that I have received. Should I give power to those comments? No… But should others say hurtful comments about another person? Also no.

Britney has been emotionally, psychologically and verbally abused for decades by the people closest to her in her life who instead of destroying her should lift her up… It is normal that she has a hard time separating the truth from the shady lies these people engraved in her brain. 

That is very well written, and I don’t have anything coherent or articulate to say that could argue against that. 

I wasn’t trying to be horrible in my original comment, I was just saying that it seemed such an extreme action to throw away a bikini that she loved, because of that set of photos. But yes, it’s not for us to judge that. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Quincy G said:

I’m always shocked with Britney’s frustration with the paps. She acts like they haven’t been following her around for the past 20+ years 😐 

Or does she act exactly like they've been following her and bothering her for the past 20+ and she is tired af of it?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Just because you don't understand her doesn't mean she's exaggerating.  She is on a journey of rediscovering her true self... A journey where her feelings are raw... For the first time in over a decade, Britney is able to express her thoughts and feelings about herself and the world that surrounds her both positive and negatives. I can speak to you as a woman… I have been in her place, me, an ordinary person who does not receive even a quarter of all the hate she receives and all the looks from all the eyes that see her, and I can tell you that just like her I have thrown away clothes because of comments that I have received. Should I give power to those comments? No… But should others say hurtful comments about another person? Also no.

Britney has been emotionally, psychologically and verbally abused for decades by the people closest to her in her life who instead of destroying her should lift her up… It is normal that she has a hard time separating the truth from the shady lies these people engraved in her brain. 

1 hour ago, mhally said:

Of course the paps would only publish the photos that make her body look 'less put together'. You've been living under a rock for the past 20+ years if you don't know Britney loves dancing and working out. I'm about as thin as a pin needle and even I have unflattering angles that make me look like I have overflowing fat. That's not on anything but the fact that our bodies are just bodies and they are not always attractive all the time. And that's okay, even though it doesn't feel okay. It's something a lot of people struggle with, whether they're unknown people or famous celebrities. But the public is ruthless and it saddens me that it gets to Britney like that. She has an AMAZING body! She may be fourty years old but I have no doubt in my mind that she is perfectly capable of getting her body in tour/residency-shape again - and she has been on the scene for 20+ years, she carried and bared two babies and she survived exploitative conservatorship abuse. Her body is STRONG. Don't let them get to you, Brit!

These two comments are IT.

I honestly can't believe how people here have so little empathy for her image issues... Jesus, I have a very fine body by any standards and I KNOW I look good, but still absolutely hate seeing pictures of myself and get very self conscious, now only imagine if those pictures were being taken to purposely be unflattering and then shared with literally the whole world... during my whole adult life. 

Sometimes I wonder if what bothers fans is her having image issues or her actually voicing the fact that she is self conscious about it. I tend to believe it's the latter what makes fans uncomfortable, because let's be real, we know she's always had those issues (just like anyone does), we just liked it more when she didn't say it out loud.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Or does she act exactly like they've been following her and bothering her for the past 20+ and she is tired af of it?

Gee, I don't know, I mean, it's not like they harrassed her when she was running errands with her kids so much so that the court decided she couldn't drive them around anymore, or when they pushed her into a corner and then acted offended when she swung an umbrella at them or remember that one time they took photos of her nether regions without her permission only for the tabloids to print hem every-effing-where

No, I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mhally said:

Gee, I don't know, I mean, it's not like that they harrassed her when she was running errands with her kids so much so that the court decided she couldn't drive them around anymore, or when they pushed her into a corner and then acted offended when she swung an umbrella at them or that one time they took photos of her nether regions without her permission only for the tabloids to print hem every-effing-where

No, I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Exactly. She has every reason to be mad and vent at them every single day of her life if she wants to. I know I probably would, if I was in her position.

she must love herself/ be a bit self absorbed/love the attention if she a) posts pictures of her in underwear/swimwear so often as she does, b) look at Sam, he clearly loves the attention and "flaunts" his body ever so often on SM why isnt he telling her how wonderful she looks? and also telling her that the outside facade is not everything in life. we all age, and she has an amazing body for her age and the fact she has had two kids! Why is she so seemingly insecure/over-confident that she posts these strange back-and-forth videos of her in these brown heels? wouldnt the love/reassurance of her partner be enough? why does she feel she needs to prove the world how skinny as a needle she looks? it is trauma, but then she should go and see someone professionally and not share her weight diary on SM.

who knows maybe even Sam lets out a snarky comment about her body, it's all he seems concerned with anyway (how he looks)...like seriously she is worth so much more than her outer appearance, she has a kind soul. 

before you stone me here, im allowed to share my opinion you are welcome to respectfully disagree :)

• Like 1

SHE. IS. GORGEOUS.

I really wonder what causes her personality "switches", like she comes across as such a strong person but then sometimes she is so self conscious, using different voices, tones and ways of speaking, different types of posts, character play (therapist/Ashley)... Her health is her damn business and no one has the right to diagnose anyone, but I really hope she is well looked after in her newly found independence. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, fairyroses said:

she must love herself/ be a bit self absorbed/love the attention if she a) posts pictures of her in underwear/swimwear so often as she does, b) look at Sam, he clearly loves the attention and "flaunts" his body ever so often on SM why isnt he telling her how wonderful she looks? and also telling her that the outside facade is not everything in life. we all age, and she has an amazing body for her age and the fact she has had two kids! Why is she so seemingly insecure/over-confident that she posts these strange back-and-forth videos of her in these brown heels? wouldnt the love/reassurance of her partner be enough? why does she feel she needs to prove the world how skinny as a needle she looks? it is trauma, but then she should go and see someone professionally and not share her weight diary on SM.

who knows maybe even Sam lets out a snarky comment about her body, it's all he seems concerned with anyway (how he looks)...like seriously she is worth so much more than her outer appearance, she has a kind soul. 

before you stone me here, im allowed to share my opinion you are welcome to respectfully disagree :)

I respectfully disagree on everything you just said and I think your everything you just pointed out shows an extremely simplistic view of the issue.

Very often the people who show themselves as overly confident are indeed doing that in order to hide or overcome their low self esteem. Plus, low self esteem and image issues, just like basically every emotion any person goes through, are not a lineal and steady feeling. Sometimes you feel good about yourself, sometimes you feel bad, sometimes a little thing makes you feel horrible, sometimes you feel confident and just can't give a rat's *** about other people's opinions. Also assuming someone's partner isn't telling her that she looks wonderful just because she is self conscious is very misguided and quite frankly shows either you're not used to interact with people who voice their low self esteem or you just don't pay attention.

Not even gonna comment on the "she should go and see someone professionally and not share her weight diary on SM".

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Louis-j said:

It's sad, Britney suffers from dismorphophobia, like the rest of this generation. Thank you social media !

Britney if you are here, watch this :

Why is it that when I am standing straight, I look thin, but when I sit  down, my thigh and stomach fat spreads out excessively? - Quora

Anna Victoria Shows Even Fitness Models Have Stomach Rolls | Health.com

A year ago, I would have never ever even thought about uploading this  photo.But I'd say i'm recovered now so I just wanted to let you… | Female,  Women, Underweight

Sadly this is probably thanks to the abuse and trauma she went through for 13 years. We heard how her father would call her fat (when she has never been fat btw)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Very often the people who show themselves as overly confident are indeed doing that in order to hide or overcome their low self esteem. Plus, low self esteem and image issues, just like basically every emotion any person goes through, are not a lineal and steady feeling.

quite frankly shows either you're not used to interact with people who voice their low self esteem or you just don't pay attention.

i actually agree with you and yes my opinion might be too simplistic. the feeling of low self-esteem is not something im a stranger of,  but before i'd share those sort pictures i'd think twice and see how i can cope with those feelings in another, maybe more constructive way for myself. what is she gonna get out of this? hate/praise comments and likes? do you thinkt that will change her self-esteem today?

girlfriends of mine who expressed how low they feel in terms of self-esteem im always trying to built up and try to encourage them to talk lovingly to themselves just like they would talk to their friend.

24 minutes ago, fairyroses said:

i actually agree with you and yes my opinion might be too simplistic. the feeling of low self-esteem is not something im a stranger of,  but before i'd share those sort pictures i'd think twice and see how i can cope with those feelings in another, maybe more constructive way for myself. what is she gonna get out of this? hate/praise comments and likes? do you thinkt that will change her self-esteem today?

girlfriends of mine who expressed how low they feel in terms of self-esteem im always trying to built up and try to encourage them to talk lovingly to themselves just like they would talk to their friend.

See, I think expecting people to act in the same ways we'd act ("before i'd share those sort pictures i'd think twice..."), because what we live through affects how we act, people with different lives develop a completely different set of coping mechanisms, so we can't expect our reactions to be the same. Most people don't act in such rational ways ("what is she gonna get out of this?") when dealing with emotional stuff..

I even think it's a mistake to assume we know exactly how we'd act in a given situation, because none of us can't actually understand what her situation is like. I know I've caught myself plenty of times saying "I would do this or that" and then when I actually live through the experience I act different than I expected and suddenly I understand why people did that thing I previously critisized.

In short: it's too easy to talk from the outside.

On the last thing you say, would you think it's fair for someone to assume you don't try to lift your girlfriends up just because they sometimes express low self esteem? Because that's what you kind of just implied of Sam.

I don't want this to sound like a harsh lecture or anything, I understand where you come from and I've been there myself, I just grew out of it and wanted to explain why I now think it's unfair.

• Love 2

I try not to judge Britney for these awful posts because of what she’s been through, even though the way she comes across and the message she’s sending isn’t good at all… 

But I do judge her “boyfriend” at this point. Come the **** on. This isn’t the first time she has appeared insecure regarding her looks. That wouldn’t keep happening with a good and mature partner. 

Also, how tf does she even SEE those pap pictures? It’s not like they were front page news. No one even cared or trashed her looks. Did HE show her the pics? Wouldn’t surprise me at all, he did literally POSE for the pics…:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block