Stop sleeping on "When I'm Gone": Katy Perry's new Alesso collab is #103 on the Hot 100

I feel bad because she was a monster on the pop music, and now we can see thta the song are not even play on spotify. I blame her record label, why did she put her on the main playlist on spotify!? 

I hope this is not the lead single of her album and just a collad with alesso. I hope she commit again in her eras. She need to focuses on her album again and bring us her magic again. 

Smile is not about album but a think it was messy all the promo an realeases song as singles without no line to follow.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Alexanda said:

She needs Dr. Luke and Max Martin. 

And a new image, the bubblegum-cherry-rainbow-world isn't for you, sweety. 

For real. 'Member when she was teasing her Prism album and had a video where she burned her California Girl wig and like, went to a funeral for that era in a leather jacket with her original dark hair or something? I never cared for her but when I saw that I was like 'oh s.hit are we gonna get some dark pop rock album or something edgy and different?!' But then we got Roar... so.... 

• Haha 1
  • Like 4

I didn't even know she had a song out, but I don't check for her anyway. She had a couple good songs, but never understood how she had a fandom. She was just there, not someone to stan over. I never met anyone who was a stan of hers and haven't heard her brought up in any conversation with anyone in about 10 years. That being said, hope it works out for her.

• Haha 2

I feel like this song has potential to be a grower. But for what it’s worth, I don’t think that the best songs are necessarily in the Billboard 100. I mean, when an artist release an album and 15 songs off the album are on the chart, it doesn’t mean that these 15 songs are better than anything else.

The streaming era is a weird one for the music industry, so for me chart numbers don’t mean a song is bad, OK, good or great. 

My favorite pop songs in the last year (Charli XCX - Good Ones / Tiësto & Ava Max - The Motto) didn’t do great on the charts, but for me they are amazing!!! (The Motto is slowly ascending the Global chart BTW…)

And to finish, encourage the artists/songs you like, no matter if they’re successful or not. That being said, I’ll go stream Katy Perry’s new song…

• Love 4

She made a comeback in a way that she tried to refocus on her old energy, but I feel like the world has moved in a different direction, sonically. She looks great, it’s a fun song, but it is very 2d tbh 

it just seems underwhelming artistically, and right now people are a bit more focused on the personal touch.

shiny and new was the answer,

but the narrative has changed since then.

honestly, it feels like she tries to seem more relatable as a person, but when it comes to her music...

There seems to be a disconnect that she can not dance her way through.

🌻

I do like Katy Perry...it just feels like she always seems to be portraying a character to fill a plot line, rather than actually fully fulfilling her desire to be Truly Authentic.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2022 at 3:00 PM, bitbitboi said:

The ACCURACY of this.

What hurts the most is how good the music video is. This is giving me Lady Gaga's "Rain On Me" with Ariana, which the gays collectively decided to IGNORE.

Did you just say the gays slept on Rain On Me?! Excuse me while I laugh out loud 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The biggest problem with Katy is that she's very unlikable. Every time I've seen her speak she's either annoying or just comes across as very disingenuous.

Just look at the behind the scenes video and interview...

...she's super cringe. It sucks because I really like the song and music video. You could tell she worked hard on it, but they should have ditched the dancing sequence for the purple outfit, because she did SOOOO much better in the wet look.

Also, speaking Ill of Britney is always a terrible move, because for whatever reason, any female artist that's done it has had her career stall shortly after.

Taylor (Who's even worse than Katy) really fkuced her over with Bad Blood too, that was when the train really ran off the track.

I really enjoy Katy's music, but not her as a person. I think doing Idol hasn't helped either, because I think the gp has figured out that she's annoying and too much of a try hard.

Karma catches everyone unfortunately.

• Like 1

I dont like the song, but its not bad.

Actually i dont know why she's flopping that hard. Witness was a great album.

But I guess that she builded her fanbase from children and young teenagers that just grew up..... There was so much children in her tours always :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

She's kinda bad singer, but she can write great songs. 

She's like Xtina. Happy private life over career, she's so having so much money that she's probably laughing at all of that hate :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: And she's still making a tons of money.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, Ofcoursenot said:

Kind of... but the video is not that good, it has really nice production, but she looks "clumsy" in a way dancing and doing some weird movements, I feel she tries to be someone else

Yeah... There's a reason she had to rely on Gimmicks and silly cartoon visuals... And now she's trying to be se.xy AND dance - it just seems off. 

She's over and it couldn't have happened to a bigger ****. 

You do not get to come for Britney Spears on multiple occasions and survive

B'Bai :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block