Stop sleeping on "When I'm Gone": Katy Perry's new Alesso collab is #103 on the Hot 100

23 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

The ACCURACY of this.

What hurts the most is how good the music video is. This is giving me Lady Gaga's "Rain On Me" with Ariana, which the gays collectively decided to IGNORE.

It went number one though. You can't tell me the straights alone got this gay anthem to the top of the charts. 

It was when this was released, that the gays no longer claimed it 

Spoiler

• Haha 7

I will be honest, I still haven't listened to the song.... and I don't really have any urge to

But to be fair, regardless my opinions about Katy (I thought Prism was the final album I enjoyed), I don't get too excited about anyone's new music now... I just don't care anymore to even try. As Madonna states, "every record sounds the same". 

The song had no promo at I only found out about it via a stan Twitter YouTube video… 

It is a great video, she really went there and gave her fans everything they wanted! So if I was a Katy fan I would be in love with the video  and probably upset about the chart placement but I’m apart of the gp when it comes to Katy lol

never really over was an underrated bop that deserved more tho!!!

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

It’s disappointing that she is being shut out of the charts rn.  I want to see her succeed again. But I feel like I’m one of the few people appreciated her Smile album. It was a nice return to form but with all the one off singles jammed in there it felt sort of half-***ed. Then she releases When I’m Gone but no new album to announce with it… just makes it feel like she doesn’t know what she wants. She needs to commit to something and seriously get off American Idol to focus on music making. Churn out some albums and really promo with some good singles.

I don’t know what happened with Katy but I’m currently listening to teenage dream it seems her songwriting has gone down over the years! She use to really tell a great story in a lot of her older hits that that really connected with people of all ages

she was cute, fun, Edgy, and ORIGINAL!!!

now it feels like she’s lost career wise, maybe writers block or just lost the inspiration she had. I mean I’m certain it can be hard to always churn out hits. 

She needs to find herself again!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

I'm sorry, but the song is not bad, but I kinda feel is "detached" from the reality of what the music landscape is now.

I'm not saying that she needs to do the same as everyone, but the song is straight from 2011 or 2016

Maybe she wanted to make a song that sounds like the year she was last relevant…

New York Tiffany GIF

• Haha 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block