Stop sleeping on "When I'm Gone": Katy Perry's new Alesso collab is #103 on the Hot 100

• Leader

katy-perry.jpg

Billboard has a Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart. It's a list of songs that didn't quite make the Hot 100. Katy Perry's new collab with Alesso, "When I'm Gone," an actual bop, is currently at #103.

I'm surprised it didn't make it into the Hot 100. Did the GP really forget about her? :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Thoughts, Exhale? 

Watch the video:

kp-gone.jpg.8d927f9a67270611cd1e30448fdf367c.jpg

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Ofcoursenot said:

I'm sorry, but the song is not bad, but I kinda feel is "detached" from the reality of what the music landscape is now.

I'm not saying that she needs to do the same as everyone, but the song is straight from 2011 or 2016

The ACCURACY of this.

What hurts the most is how good the music video is. This is giving me Lady Gaga's "Rain On Me" with Ariana, which the gays collectively decided to IGNORE.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

It’s disappointing that she is being shut out of the charts rn.  I want to see her succeed again. But I feel like I’m one of the few people appreciated her Smile album. It was a nice return to form but with all the one off singles jammed in there it felt sort of half-***ed. Then she releases When I’m Gone but no new album to announce with it… just makes it feel like she doesn’t know what she wants. She needs to commit to something and seriously get off American Idol to focus on music making. Churn out some albums and really promo with some good singles.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

The ACCURACY of this.

What hurts the most is how good the music video is. This is giving me Lady Gaga's "Rain On Me" with Ariana, which the gays collectively decided to IGNORE.

Kind of... but the video is not that good, it has really nice production, but she looks "clumsy" in a way dancing and doing some weird movements, I feel she tries to be someone else

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, maki93 said:

It is probably the only thing getting her money right now. I am curious whether they dropped her salary too (without announcing it).

It probably is. Lol I just wish it wasn’t. She just took so long to get past her witness era after it flopped and she really committed to the short hair which was also not a good look for her. She just needed to move on. I hope she continues making music even though American Idol is her only revenue stream lol

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

The ACCURACY of this.

Did they? It was on in every club over the summer when things finally opened back up a bit, we just cant make things chart alone lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block