Dissecting "Make me" Britney & G/Easy - Thoughts?

Hey everyone! I posted a TikTok about this as well - but I thought that I would share my thoughts with all of you. 

I was listening to Make me two days ago in the shower and I had this revelation:

There were so many people talking about the tension between G/Easy and Britney Spears during their MTV VMA performance it was said that G/Easy wanted to kiss her and that Britney wanted no part of that - however THAT IS NOT what was going on (obvi)

G Easy and Britney both contributed lyrically to "Make me" - so G Easy def wrote his own verse. Lyrics thanks to "Lyric Find"

G Easy: "[you came with someone
But we could tell that there's changes coming]............... [Well worth the stealing you, it's a felony, yeah I know
That's why they keep on telling me to let go"] 

Think back to Iggy and Britneys "Pretty Girls" - - Iggy had her house searched and had to sign an NDA - and according to various other reports, other artists had similar situations with Britney and team CON. G Easy more than likely had to go through all of the same scrutiny. Imagine him being so excited to meet and work with the pop princess just to find out that there is more to the picture. 

"You came with someone" the let down when Brit arrived with a heard of security and lawyers, assumedly. 

"But we could tell there's changes coming" Hopeful that this situation will improve for Britney Spears. 

"..Stealing you its a felony, yeah I know" Referring to the documents that were required to sign in order to work with Britney. 

"That's why they keep on telling me to let go..." Referring to the talk in Hollywood about Britneys situation, "Don't get too close to her" OR her team telling him "not to do anything stupid" or something, who knows.. again SPECULATION. - - Especially with what we know now from the documentary "people have a way of disappearing, especially men"

G Easy was not trying to kiss her - Britney probably knew WHY he wrote those lyrics. and was probably (speculating) that he was the first artist to try to write about her situation in this way, very clever may I add....But Britney was emotional. Not only was her Mic OFF but she knew the hidden message in G Easy's verse- and G Easy understood this and knew she was upset. He didn't want to kiss her, I think Britney was starting to cry - thats why we get the head shake (also bc she was pretending to sing.. again  Mic OFF) G Easy probably had heard rumors but never understood the situation was truly as bad as what was spreading around L.A. 

That is my analysis of Make me, both the song and the performance. 

Thoughts?

• Love 4
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

Omg I just understood Sabi's verse as well.. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

"Ooh, I think I like you... Sabi!" > Sabi's evil plan with Britney's team has began
"Boy, boy, look at you" > Sabi compliments Larry Rudolph
"I wanna get, get, get next to you" > Getting close with the enemy to gather information
"Got me kind of hot, but I ain't sweating you" > Britney is forced to work at unsustainable pace unlike Sabi
"Steaming like a pot full of vegetables" > Britney is only allowed healthy food like vegetables, no meat, no fried food, no dessert
"I know you wanna touch, but it ain't for free" > Sabi just discovered the price of a Meet & Greet
"I don't need your money, I just want your D"  > Sabi doesn't want money from her collab, she only wants to divulge Britney's abuse
"Boy, come over here with your **** ***" > Sabi is distracted by Larry's ***

More sarcasm from a Master Exhaler - what else would I expect? You could have simply disagreed rather than wasting so much time, typing a lengthy comment trying to embarrass me, or poke fun at me. Or is it the fact that you do agree, and are bothered that someone pieced together something SENSIBLE, and it wasn't you? I hope we learn the truth behind the lyricism sometime! 

Take care and remember that people on the other side of the screen - have feelings too. 

I hope a MOD see's THIS (my) comment. The amount of sarcasm and negativity from one BRITNEY FAN to another on this website is very discouraging to someone that is trying to keep up to date and share their thoughts and feelings with a group of people who SHOULD be like minded or at least be ACCEPTING towards another's opinions and thoughts. Considering that Jordan Miller just verified on Instagram - the negativity on HIS website by his MASTER ranked individuals should seriously be analyzed. Just a thought. IDK how to get a mod or to tag Jordan. I am sick of posting on this website just to be ridiculed by a group of people who when I went into this would or could be like minded. Hopefully there are others on this site that can see positivity and spread that instead of sarcasm and distain. 

Kthxbye! 

• Love 4
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Were you high at the time of this reach? 

Remember when over analyzing Britney's IG was a "Reach" but now it is common knowledge that she posts in code? 

Its always a reach or a conspiracy theory until its proven. Granted, I could be completely wrong. However I wasn't high - just listening to what an artist wrote, and analyzing it. Afterall there has to be SOME artist out there that truly WRITES lyricism for art of lyricism and not just for the sheer fact to sell music that "just sounds good.." Right?? or is that a reach too??

1 hour ago, Paxton said:

Remember when over analyzing Britney's IG was a "Reach" but now it is common knowledge that she posts in code? 

Its always a reach or a conspiracy theory until its proven. Granted, I could be completely wrong. However I wasn't high - just listening to what an artist wrote, and analyzing it. Afterall there has to be SOME artist out there that truly WRITES lyricism for art of lyricism and not just for the sheer fact to sell music that "just sounds good.." Right?? or is that a reach too??

I guess... I mean... if you listen to any britney song you could relate it to her con situation and current life.. It's all how you interpret it. speaking of conspiracy theories.. I saw one today about britney mentioning going on a date with a man who "looked like a lizard", during her Jonathan ross interview... they are saying she really was around reptilians and dropping subtle hints. LOL 

7 minutes ago, Peachy said:

I guess... I mean... if you listen to any britney song you could relate it to her con situation and current life.. It's all how you interpret it. speaking of conspiracy theories.. I saw one today about britney mentioning going on a date with a man who "looked like a lizard", during her Jonathan ross interview... they are saying she really was around reptilians and dropping subtle hints. LOL 

Oh absolutely! Anyone looking for "something" can find "something" - you know what I mean? 

Something about this song, and his verse mainly, resonates with me for some reason. Especially all the shadow hands that are in that performance too - - You never know! However I will say that some things don't need looked into - like the lizard quote for instance lol 

But thinking into lyrics has always been a thing of mine - now with Britney, I think its been a little magnified. 

If she did go on a date with a lizard, I'm still jelly of the lizard haha 

3 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Oh absolutely! Anyone looking for "something" can find "something" - you know what I mean? 

Something about this song, and his verse mainly, resonates with me for some reason. Especially all the shadow hands that are in that performance too - - You never know! However I will say that some things don't need looked into - like the lizard quote for instance lol 

But thinking into lyrics has always been a thing of mine - now with Britney, I think its been a little magnified. 

If she did go on a date with a lizard, I'm still jelly of the lizard haha 

also the fact that the Song is called "make me" ... and the original video had SO much symbolism....  "work *****!" ...   "MAKE ME" lol 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Peachy said:

also the fact that the Song is called "make me" ... and the original video had SO much symbolism....  "work *****!" ...   "MAKE ME" lol 

Since you brought up Work B! - - My thoughts:

A) Its either about something that was said to Brit by someone on Team con - or Daddy spears. 

but upon further thought - 

B) Its about JL. (IMO)  She 'wants' all these things - she wants a nice car, she wants to look great, she wants to travel the world -  She needs to WORK.

Just like BRITNEY said "hmmmmmmm I never did get my chocolate drink" 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Since you brought up Work B! - - My thoughts:

A) Its either about something that was said to Brit by someone on Team con - or Daddy spears. 

but upon further thought - 

B) Its about JL. (IMO)  She 'wants' all these things - she wants a nice car, she wants to look great, she wants to travel the world -  She needs to WORK.

Just like BRITNEY said "hmmmmmmm I never did get my chocolate drink" 

:britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic: LOL yasss

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Paxton said:

More sarcasm from a Master Exhaler - what else would I expect? You could have simply disagreed rather than wasting so much time, typing a lengthy comment trying to embarrass me, or poke fun at me. Or is it the fact that you do agree, and are bothered that someone pieced together something SENSIBLE, and it wasn't you? I hope we learn the truth behind the lyricism sometime! 

Take care and remember that people on the other side of the screen - have feelings too. 

I hope a MOD see's THIS (my) comment. The amount of sarcasm and negativity from one BRITNEY FAN to another on this website is very discouraging to someone that is trying to keep up to date and share their thoughts and feelings with a group of people who SHOULD be like minded or at least be ACCEPTING towards another's opinions and thoughts. Considering that Jordan Miller just verified on Instagram - the negativity on HIS website by his MASTER ranked individuals should seriously be analyzed. Just a thought. IDK how to get a mod or to tag Jordan. I am sick of posting on this website just to be ridiculed by a group of people who when I went into this would or could be like minded. Hopefully there are others on this site that can see positivity and spread that instead of sarcasm and distain. 

Kthxbye! 

Gurl, you could just have laughed at my comment like it was intended. It's just my humor. I was not trying to embarrass you or anything, you're actually pretty good at it yourself with this comment. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Kinds regards,

You're Master Exhaler, xoxo

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ByDemand said:

I'd also love to see your Tiktok if your feed is similar to this!

Lots of Britney inspired things. I also love to sing and dance so there is quite a variety of things on my TikTok. I talk about the crazy story that surrounds the late 90's autograph I have from Britney too. I'll PM you my profile name

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block