Iconic! Paris Hilton Surprises Tonight Show Audience Members By Giving Them Their Own NFTs - Paris Hilton just made history with the first ever #NFTGiveaway on TV! (I just witnessed the first #NFT giveaway on national television !)

Paris has been an early adopter and enthusiast of NFTs. I think she is sincere about her support of them; however, they are problematic for many reasons. One is the barrier to entry. To make NFTs you have to "mint" them with crypto, either needing to buy in to a marketplace or get "invite" to a pyramid scheme marketplace (the invite usually requires purchasing an NFT, first).  There is the environmental cost. There is the braggards' rights about it all - you don't actually own the artwork, just a receipt and custody trail of the NFT associated with the artwork. It's rife with money laundering and self-dealing. There is also a lot of theft, where NFTs are being minted with stolen art! Here is a very in-depth video that goes through some drawbacks -

https://youtu.be/YQ_xWvX1n9g

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

Why are they horrible for the environment

Because in order to mine crypto you need a lot of processing power. Many crypto miners buy lots of high end PC equipment that produces lots of heat...they also need cooling system setup for it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Bitcoin mining consumes around 91 terawatt-hours of electricity annually. That's more annual electricity use than all of Finland, which is a country of 5.5 million people.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, merci12 said:

Because in order to mine crypto you need a lot of processing power. Many crypto miners buy lots of high end PC equipment that produces lots of heat...they also need cooling system setup for it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Bitcoin mining consumes around 91 terawatt-hours of electricity annually. That's more annual electricity use than all of Finland, which is a country of 5.5 million people.

OMG i didnt know that !!! omg sis @JayTawndreLovesYou

original-3129864-1.jpg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block