Iconic! Paris Hilton Surprises Tonight Show Audience Members By Giving Them Their Own NFTs - Paris Hilton just made history with the first ever #NFTGiveaway on TV! (I just witnessed the first #NFT giveaway on national television !)

5 minutes ago, Henry M. Torres said:

WHAT IS NFT!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm sick of hearing about this and not knowing what the **** is that :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

we need someone from exhale to guide us to this future light

we should be kings of NFTs tbh

:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Like 1

Paris has been an early adopter and enthusiast of NFTs. I think she is sincere about her support of them; however, they are problematic for many reasons. One is the barrier to entry. To make NFTs you have to "mint" them with crypto, either needing to buy in to a marketplace or get "invite" to a pyramid scheme marketplace (the invite usually requires purchasing an NFT, first).  There is the environmental cost. There is the braggards' rights about it all - you don't actually own the artwork, just a receipt and custody trail of the NFT associated with the artwork. It's rife with money laundering and self-dealing. There is also a lot of theft, where NFTs are being minted with stolen art! Here is a very in-depth video that goes through some drawbacks -

https://youtu.be/YQ_xWvX1n9g

• Like 1
On 1/25/2022 at 8:31 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

NFT’s are a waste of money :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

And aren’t they (and crypto generally) horrible for the environment? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: I mean she’s rich and all so she doesn’t have to worry about that, but the rest of us do… :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

Why are they horrible for the environment

Because in order to mine crypto you need a lot of processing power. Many crypto miners buy lots of high end PC equipment that produces lots of heat...they also need cooling system setup for it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Bitcoin mining consumes around 91 terawatt-hours of electricity annually. That's more annual electricity use than all of Finland, which is a country of 5.5 million people.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, merci12 said:

Because in order to mine crypto you need a lot of processing power. Many crypto miners buy lots of high end PC equipment that produces lots of heat...they also need cooling system setup for it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Bitcoin mining consumes around 91 terawatt-hours of electricity annually. That's more annual electricity use than all of Finland, which is a country of 5.5 million people.

OMG i didnt know that !!! omg sis @JayTawndreLovesYou

original-3129864-1.jpg

• Love 1