Taylor Swift fights back after Damon Albarn claims she hasn't written her own songs: "it's really ****ed up," Damon apologizes.

Invitation

• Content Curators

Update. Damon has apologised.

In an interview with LA Times, the interviewer asks Damon about his thoughts on Taylor Swift:

Q: She may not be to your taste, but Taylor Swift is an excellent songwriter.
A: She doesn’t write her own songs.

Q: Of course she does. Co-writes some of them.
A: That doesn’t count. I know what co-writing is. Co-writing is very different to writing. I’m not hating on anybody, I’m just saying there’s a big difference between a songwriter and a songwriter who co-writes. Doesn’t mean that the outcome can’t be really great. And some of the greatest singers — I mean, Ella Fitzgerald never wrote a song in her life. When I sing, I have to close my eyes and just be in there. I suppose I’m a traditionalist in that sense. A really interesting songwriter is Billie Eilish and her brother. I’m more attracted to that than to Taylor Swift. It’s just darker — less endlessly upbeat. Way more minor and odd. I think she’s exceptional.

If Taylor plays her cards right, which I’m sure she will, she will release the new version of “Speak Now”, an album she’s written all by herself, next. This will be a great marketing move for her.

tay-damon.jpg

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s always the white men that claim females don’t write their songs. It’s been used for years against them to make them weak. Same for Nicki - just because she’s more talented than most of the men they come up that Safaree wrote her songs. This is damaging to mental health and some losers on here react to their reactions as if women aren’t allowed to have a word!!:reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: 

I see a pattern on exhale, powerful women are ridiculed by men that probably are still living off of their parents or have no income. REAL MEN! :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: 

What's a "real man" ? What you said doesn't make much sense... 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block