Adele Faces Backlash for Postponement on Vegas Residency

I mean, I know what it feels like as Gaga cancelled my concert a day before it was due to take place, but she hasΒ fibromyalgia and I think she had a big flare up a day earlier.

Surely Adele/her team knew days before that there was logistical issues preventing them from bringing the residency on time? I imagine a lot of fans were probably already on their way to Vegas (some may have already been there) by the time the cancellation was made public. People can't get refunds on plane tickets and hotels so easily.Β 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Sia said:

As she should!

I’m so tired of these greedy entertainment corporations that have you wrapped around their finger. Funny how if you buy a ticket and can’t make it due to reasons beyond your control, you have to suck it up and be out the money, but an artist cancels on you, then you still have to suck it up and foot the bill. It’s ridiculous.

One day, these terms and conditions on tickets will be brought to light and I wouldn’t be surprised if laws are passed requiring venues to give X amount of days of notice to cancel a show before making them liable for their attendees’ costs. It’s turned into abuse.

It’s easy for Adele because she has insurance companies that help pay for costs to the production of the show but fans are still left in the dust. Now they have to spend money twice for travels to come back and see a show.

This. If you guys can cancel an artist for a tweet, then cancel Adele and change the laws for buying and refunding concert tickets.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:58 AM, dran said:

I mean... I find it very questionable that she only announced the day before that there were "production delays". How the hell would you even do staging at the venue if everything isn't there yet... like the day before?Β 

I can imagine there's more to the storyΒ 

This.

They work such deadlines that if the deadline is missed they should know there's no point of running the show and the deadlines of these are not 24 hour before the show starts...

• Like 2

Looks like Keith Urban will be starting his residency earlier in place of Adele for a few dates that she was originally supposed to perform:Β https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10441625/Keith-Urban-takes-Adeles-Caesars-Palace-concert-dates.html

In a few other reports, PageSix says that Adele was upset over some stage designs and audio - Caesars did not comment:Β https://pagesix.com/2022/01/25/adele-couldnt-get-through-rehearsal-without-sobbing/

Apparently her team wanted a new sound system and new screen, but Adele got upset over a "pool" that she was supposed to perform in that made her look like she was floating in the air with water...Β 

PageSix also claims that Adele might have been going through things with her relationship as well

TBH, I get Vegas is huge for residencies now and everyone is going over the top, but to be honest, if your entire career is standing in front of a mic singing, people are there to see you sing not the actually props... this isn't a Katy Perry showΒ 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dran said:

Looks like Keith Urban will be starting his residency earlier in place of Adele for a few dates that she was originally supposed to perform:Β https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10441625/Keith-Urban-takes-Adeles-Caesars-Palace-concert-dates.html

In a few other reports, PageSix says that Adele was upset over some stage designs and audio - Caesars did not comment:Β https://pagesix.com/2022/01/25/adele-couldnt-get-through-rehearsal-without-sobbing/

Apparently her team wanted a new sound system and new screen, but Adele got upset over a "pool" that she was supposed to perform in that made her look like she was floating in the air with water...Β 

PageSix also claims that Adele might have been going through things with her relationship as well

TBH, I get Vegas is huge for residencies now and everyone is going over the top, but to be honest, if your entire career is standing in front of a mic singing, people are there to see you sing not the actually props... this isn't a Katy Perry showΒ 

Adele is not suitable for Vegas. It’s too much pressure to deliver a great show. Also, she became another person since she moved to LA. She should have stayed in London and raise her son there. Hollywood can damage your personal life if you are not strong.Β 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block