When People Change Their Pronouns

BritneyFan4444

I have spoken with a lot of people about people choosing to change their pronouns, and make them more suitable to the

individual. Honestly, when I first heard about this, I was confused about all of it. I am comfortable with my pronouns as they are, but I feel like there is a lot of judgment that surrounds this topic, and I Believe it to be unfairly placed.

When someone chooses to change their pronouns, it is NOT because they have an issue.

it Is Because Society Has Issues.

We ALL  have masculine and feminine characteristics.

It is part of being human.

The Way that society places such a divide between the two, even now, is the true problem.

Every human-Being deserves the Same Rights. Same Respect. Same Treatment. 

Regardless of gender, race, religion...

Every Human-Being Holds A Heart In Their Chest, That Gives Life.

Every LIfe Deserves Respect And LOVE 🙏💖🌞🌻

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Beautiful post and fully agree. I think it’s just basic respect to be treating someone as they want to be treated, whether it’s by using the name they want to be called by or by using the pronouns that they use.

Unfortunately, too many people are selfish, lacking in empathy for others, and hate change, which is why I think they start getting rude and disrespectful when they get asked to change their behavior, even when its something as small as a pronoun in a sentence.

I think part of the issue too is that too many of these conversations are only being held online, not face-to-face. It’s a lot easier to get pissed off that society, cancel culture, or some stranger on the internet is asking you or telling you to change your behavior, rather than someone you know asking you to do it in person and having a conversation about it.

• Love 1

This is a very sensitive topic for me, since I was attacked the other day for assuming someone's gender on here.

My stand on gender is, you are free to choose It and free to live your life as authentic as you feel like. When my friend came out to me last summer, that she will pursue s e .x. change, my only reaction was, have you got the name yet? And I am calling him by his new name and using such pronouns as well ever since

However, my issue with this is something else. Let's say, there is a new co-worker in the office. I will assume It's a woman due to her appearance, but her reaction is shock

"Did you assume my gender? I'm sorry, but I identify as non-binary, so use the right pronouns next time!!!"

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong on so many levels? What did I do so bad to offend this person? Wouldn't It be so much better If such person corrects me and tells me their views, instead of attacking me? When did we become so offended? Just tell me where you stand and we'll be alright, no need for being defensive, we can accept each other:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Another thing is increasing number of genders and definitions. This might sounds harsh, but isn't It better If you identify just as a man, woman or non-binary? They would yell at me, "stop labeling me", but then they proceed to name 50 other definitions and labels. Like, what's the deal!?:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Even with transgendered people... I consider them normal men and women. For me, trans woman is a real woman. No difference. Why so many labels and definitions?

And for others, who can't even decide what they are... my language, for example, doesn't even have a word for gender, we only define s e .x., but our verbs actually change form If the girl is speaking or a guy. But there is this person who is gender fluid and gave an interview and... It was a mess. Try to imagine If verbs in English would change form for different s e .x., well this person changed verbs form in every sentence, because they were changing gender every minute!:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I genuinely believe they need a talk, love, someone to help them discover themselves, rather than for society to judge others If we just naturally assume you are a guy or a girl. I believe most of the people don't have gender issue, so It would be funny to ask every person you meet for their gender. Especially in Europe, everywhere I went, I had no such experience, only on internet.

And last thing. Since I really wanted to understand this topic better, I read about It and come across another definition and as far I understand, that one's for me; cis-male (identify with the s e .x. at birth). I don't and will never identify as cis-male. I'm a guy and I don't want any other label on me. Why would I need to identify like this from now on?

This was a long post and the only message that I want to send is to judge less. Live your authentic life and stop caring so much about what society thinks off you! Once we get old, we will think back and hopefully laugh on how many silly things we lost time for...:lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Like 4
On 1/23/2022 at 11:52 AM, Urbanney said:

Beautiful post and fully agree. I think it’s just basic respect to be treating someone as they want to be treated, whether it’s by using the name they want to be called by or by using the pronouns that they use.

Unfortunately, too many people are selfish, lacking in empathy for others, and hate change, which is why I think they start getting rude and disrespectful when they get asked to change their behavior, even when its something as small as a pronoun in a sentence.

I think part of the issue too is that too many of these conversations are only being held online, not face-to-face. It’s a lot easier to get pissed off that society, cancel culture, or some stranger on the internet is asking you or telling you to change your behavior, rather than someone you know asking you to do it in person and having a conversation about it.

I Hope The World Continues To Progress In A Way That Opens The Doors To What People Actually Want In Their Life, Rather Than what is expected of them. Society has a place that continues to crumble, as People Come Into Their Own. BeingYourself Helps The World To Evolve. Some people should show more kindness and understanding. Honestly, Everyone should...myself included. I try to be understanding, and to try to see the Good in EveryOne, but I know that there is always room for improvement. Thank You Very Much For Your Reply! 💖

On 1/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, ChrisBritSlo said:

This is a very sensitive topic for me, since I was attacked the other day for assuming someone's gender on here.

My stand on gender is, you are free to choose It and free to live your life as authentic as you feel like. When my friend came out to me last summer, that she will pursue s e .x. change, my only reaction was, have you got the name yet? And I am calling him by his new name and using such pronouns as well ever since

However, my issue with this is something else. Let's say, there is a new co-worker in the office. I will assume It's a woman due to her appearance, but her reaction is shock

"Did you assume my gender? I'm sorry, but I identify as non-binary, so use the right pronouns next time!!!"

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong on so many levels? What did I do so bad to offend this person? Wouldn't It be so much better If such person corrects me and tells me their views, instead of attacking me? When did we become so offended? Just tell me where you stand and we'll be alright, no need for being defensive, we can accept each other:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Another thing is increasing number of genders and definitions. This might sounds harsh, but isn't It better If you identify just as a man, woman or non-binary? They would yell at me, "stop labeling me", but then they proceed to name 50 other definitions and labels. Like, what's the deal!?:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Even with transgendered people... I consider them normal men and women. For me, trans woman is a real woman. No difference. Why so many labels and definitions?

And for others, who can't even decide what they are... my language, for example, doesn't even have a word for gender, we only define s e .x., but our verbs actually change form If the girl is speaking or a guy. But there is this person who is gender fluid and gave an interview and... It was a mess. Try to imagine If verbs in English would change form for different s e .x., well this person changed verbs form in every sentence, because they were changing gender every minute!:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I genuinely believe they need a talk, love, someone to help them discover themselves, rather than for society to judge others If we just naturally assume you are a guy or a girl. I believe most of the people don't have gender issue, so It would be funny to ask every person you meet for their gender. Especially in Europe, everywhere I went, I had no such experience, only on internet.

And last thing. Since I really wanted to understand this topic better, I read about It and come across another definition and as far I understand, that one's for me; cis-male (identify with the s e .x. at birth). I don't and will never identify as cis-male. I'm a guy and I don't want any other label on me. Why would I need to identify like this from now on?

This was a long post and the only message that I want to send is to judge less. Live your authentic life and stop caring so much about what society thinks off you! Once we get old, we will think back and hopefully laugh on how many silly things we lost time for...:lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Honestly, I don’t have all the answers...but I do know that when someone behaves offensively, it is usually related to a defense system that they have subconsciously formed...It has nothing to do with You or anyone who personally mistakes their chosen identity...It truly extends from trauma, or any underlying Healing that has yet to take place. We Are ALL Healing. We ALL Heal And Grow Together. Some journeys just look differently. We Are ALL Trying Though. 

EveryOne Being Their Authentic Self While Still Maintaining A Mutual Respect And Code Of Honor, Will Help EveryOne.

One Who Shares Kindness With Others, Also Shares Kindness With Self 🙏💖

This topic is so confusing to me and with no disrespect, i wanna ask sth

For example when you check non-binary: Non-Binary is widely used to describe a gender identity that can not be categorized as masculine or feminine. Non-Binary people experience their gender in all different ways. It could be experienced as a combination of male and female, neither male nor female, nor something completely independent of notions of conventional gender identities. Non-Binary is an expansive umbrella term, and many gender identities discussed in this article fall under it. 

What does this even mean? What is the definiton of a male or female other than if you have XX or XY chromosomes with the exception of transgender people? Can you not be a male and feminine? Why can't they call themselves as their s**? You can be a male that is feminine today and masculine the next day as this nonbinary explanation suits me very well yet i can't think of a reason to not call myself a he. Once we fought so hard to break the gender stereotypes yet now we assign strict rules for every "gender" that is out there which is the confusing part. I feel like people are trying to label their "vibes" and to seem woke? What happened to getting rid of all the labels?

Btw i'm all for "they" pronouns. Use it for everyone, remove he and she completely, there's no s** related pronoun in my language so i get it. What I don't get is getting offended by being called a she or a he. Also all these labels are where I'm lost at. 

• Like 3
On 1/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, wixbix said:

This topic is so confusing to me and with no disrespect, i wanna ask sth

For example when you check non-binary: Non-Binary is widely used to describe a gender identity that can not be categorized as masculine or feminine. Non-Binary people experience their gender in all different ways. It could be experienced as a combination of male and female, neither male nor female, nor something completely independent of notions of conventional gender identities. Non-Binary is an expansive umbrella term, and many gender identities discussed in this article fall under it. 

What does this even mean? What is the definiton of a male or female other than if you have XX or XY chromosomes with the exception of transgender people? Can you not be a male and feminine? Why can't they call themselves as their s**? You can be a male that is feminine today and masculine the next day as this nonbinary explanation suits me very well yet i can't think of a reason to not call myself a he. Once we fought so hard to break the gender stereotypes yet now we assign strict rules for every "gender" that is out there which is the confusing part. I feel like people are trying to label their "vibes" and to seem woke? What happened to getting rid of all the labels?

Btw i'm all for "they" pronouns. Use it for everyone, remove he and she completely, there's no s** related pronoun in my language so i get it. What I don't get is getting offended by being called a she or a he. Also all these labels are where I'm lost at. 

I understand where You’re coming from. Honestly...I’m not really sure that there is a general consensus to really follow, as each answer is most likely a personal one. From my perspective, I would honestly say that this stems from instability within society. In order for people to attain some sort of individual freedom from the plague of labels, they must act in a way that goes against what many find to be “comfortable.” I think it goes beyond having feminine and masculine attributes. I have feminine and masculine qualities as well. One can easily observe stigmas that are placed on being female or male. Gender equality is still not truly leveled as of yet, and I think that trauma, acceptance from others, and acceptance from self can play a big part in one seeking to free themselves from the confinements of labels, that were never chosen by the individuals. Each person feels things differently, and I try to respect and understand the perspective of each individual. We ALL go through our own difficulties and Life, and the Healing process is different for EveryOne. If we lived in a society that was less focused on labels, and more focused on a basis of personal liberties, Comfort would be a more commonly known feeling. EveryOne Deserves To Feel Comfort 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:42 AM, Kletus said:

I am soooo supportive and love when people do what makes them happy.  I have trouble remembering sometimes and I was given warning points on GagaDaily, AKA the h.ellhole, for calling Demi Lovato “her.” It was an honest mistake! 

I Agree! EveryOne Deserves To Be Happy! 🙏💖

we all make mistakes.

12 hours ago, BritneyFan4444 said:

If we lived in a society that was less focused on labels, and more focused on a basis of personal liberties

This. I can see how this is a result of some kind of trauma as you said but I don't think this is the solution. This feels like the same thing as treating your problems with a shopping spree or a new haircut imo. We should get back to breaking stereotypes instead of creating a billion new labels :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block