The Independent names Britney Spears in Crossroads one of the best performances by singers in films.

Flop fan moment: I’ve never actually seen this film in full. Then again, they never play it on TV and it isn’t on any streaming platforms which I don’t get why. :howdareyou_meme_cat:

From what I remember though, the movie wasn’t all that bad even though some of it was corny. She absolutely bodied that crying scene, I’ll never forget that. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: I always wish that Britney took the lead for Coyote Ugly, she would have killed it and it’s truly one of my all-time favorite movies from the early 2000s. A cult classic. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

Looking back its pretty insane that she released a movie in the middle of an era on top of the Pepsi deal. So much work. I think its awesome she had a female director. Ahead of its time. Also she had an amazing cast of actors. I never thought about how excited she must have been to have Kim. Shes a huge SATC fan. Kim is the real HBIC and not Carrie Bradshaw. Fight me. Crossroads could have been a little better as it had tacky moments but again she was doing A LOT and I think it was slightly rushed as a production. For what it is, it remains iconic and its always a joy to watch. One of my favorite parts is when the sloppy hick joe man at the bar yells "get off the stage!" in his akward weird southern/english accent lmao. Still cracks me up. I also found it odd that Britney never got flack for kissing two guys, showing her naked body, or having a s** scene. Its like actresses can be **** but singers cant. Im surprised they didnt rate the movie R back then. A lot of newer fans have to understand that Britney set the blueprint for everyone today. Having that dichotomy of being a vulnerable sweet girl, yet also having that **** vixen side. Females arent one dimensional and Britney made that ok. One can argue Madonna but Madonna was less pure and pure s** from early on where Britney said you can be all sides. This movie was a great example. INAGNYAW sums it up well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

FINALLY someone praises her acting!

She was and is a good actress.

Just cause she was a bubblegum pop teen idol DIDNT mean she couldnt act!
People just write it off as garbage just because its "Britney Spears"

However I will say though that she works much better in Comedies.

Like all of her tv appearances like How I Met Your Mother, Will & Grace and Jane The Virgin; heck even Glee.

She does have talent and I wish she could see that

• Love 1
Just now, Lotte said:

Have to disagree. There's so many singers who done fabulous in film. Dolly Parton, Lady Gaga, Whitney Houston, cher, Mandy Moore, miley cyrus, and the list keeps going. I don't really remember this film. Maybe because the script wasn't that good.  

then watch again :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I loved Crossroads when it came out but Dolly Parton has my vote forever and always and then Jessica Simpson in Dukes of Hazard...but I do have a soft spot for Crossroads even if it’s not the best acting by anyone it it, it’s a nostalgia thing.

Edit: Can’t believe I forgot, my top pick goes to Olivia Newton John in GREASE!!!!!!! It’s my favorite movie of all time. It’s a crime she’s not on this list. 

Edit2: Olivia Newton John, Dolly (not a pop star but a musician who has acted) and Jessica Simpson are not on this list- invalid list. 
olivia newton-john grease GIF

Olivia Newton John Smoking GIF
9 to 5 GIF by Dolly Parton

lily tomlin heres the the beginning GIF
happy love you GIF by Dolly Parton
dukes of hazzard bikini GIF by VIASAT3
dukes of hazzard fotografa GIF

Jessica simpson is one of the worst imo

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block