Hilary Duff - "Gay community supported me from the very beginning when nobody would take me seriously as a singer"

MikeHunt

Hilary Duff - Bustle 2022 • CelebMafia

Disney icon, actress, singer and author, Hilary Duff expresses her gratitude to her LGBTQ+ community supporters in the new interview with GAY TIMES, where she promotes her latest Hulu hit show, "How I Met Your Father". 

Catch Hilary Duff's new sitcom, "How I Met Your Father" on Hulu! New episodes premiere every Tuesday. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

#Justice4BreatheInBreatheOut

#StreamSparks

Spoiler

I'm a Hil D stan, but I'm still bitter about the Lizzie McGuire reboot not happening and the cancelled "Younger" Kelsey spin off :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

@Jordan Miller

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

A gay publication specifically asked Hilary to speak on her gay supporters, since that's their core audience. And she came out with music at 15 y.o. as a Disney Channel kid. No adults, traditional radio stations took her music serious. But a lot of gay kids and gay teens (along with hetero boys n girls) took her music serious because it spoke to them. She's not just referring to adult gay fans when she refers to her musical debut. People didn't take Britney serious when she came out. They called her the new Debbie Gibson and she proved them industry wrong. Not saying Hilary is on Britney's level, but just saying people sometimes get first impressions wrong. 

I don’t own anything to those pop singers. I like their music and that’s it. They didn’t open doors to me.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

I don’t own anything to those pop singers. I like their music and that’s it. They didn’t open doors to me.

Well no one said you owe them anything :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

If anything, Hilary is saying she owes the gay community because they embraced her when others didn't. It's called self awareness and gratitude. 

Stop making this sentiment seem disingenuous. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Why does Hilary duff get hate? She's so unproblematic. I feel like if she does get hate it's from people who can't stand how damn gorgeous she still is. Furthermore, I was there from the beginning, when I was a lil gay boy, and Lizzie was the thing to watch... And as she released music I was the gay emo boy who stanned pop\emo/punk rock and loved come clean and that whole vibe she had. I will always support her. 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block