How Did You Feel When Circus (Album) Came Out?

5 hours ago, DJBringItBack said:

Every person in here is full of complete **** “but I felt something was off” LIES you are saying this now in hindsight y’all ate circus era tf up and didn’t even know what a conservatorship was I’m so tired of the fake users on here if you thought something “was off” the same year the conservatorship started why didn’t you do anything? Because you are lying :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

The header of the forum itself was Britney in handcuffs :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: 

also, Jordan would post about the conservatorship every single day so it was kind of hard to ignore. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:  I guess It’s true, we were all clueless stupid little gay fans until That Surprise Witness came along and educated us :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

I can't deny  I was really excited with his return :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer::pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: after that turbulent year 2007,

I believed in his father's narrative, that going back to the industry was the best thing :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover: in my immaturity and ignorance, I thought that being close to his family again was the best thing :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: I didn't know very well how the conservatorship worked but I always thought it was something temporary, maximum one year,

how fooled I was. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Kletus said:

The header of the forum itself was Britney in handcuffs :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: 

also, Jordan would post about the conservatorship every single day so it was kind of hard to ignore. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:  I guess It’s true, we were all clueless stupid little gay fans until That Surprise Witness came along and educated us :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Tea but we all still bought every single and album, went to shows and bought their cheaply made merch my point being we were to blame for supporting it from the start people are quick to blame everyone else but won’t take blame also 

After ITZ - Original Doll leaks - Blackout it definitely felt... I don't know. Fabricated, generic. Not authenticly Britney as an artist. Way too mainstream and bubblegum. It has it's hits, which are part of her legacy now. But that album was the product of blackmail and conservatorship and not artistic choice.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

The conservatorship was temporary at the time, so even though I felt something was wrong, I thought it wouldnt last according to court files. Femme Fetal is when it was bad after they extended the conservatorship for life! I cant even enjoy that album or era it was such a bad time even though it was a successful era.

From what was presented to the gp I was stoked, just happy to see her out again. But actually joining the forums n message boards it was clear that something wasn't right and I  payed attention to her voice n vocals (no passion). The dancing, she was just going through the motions and also her team keeping her on a tight leash. Stans were really upset n ruined the mood for most who just enjoyed her presence. Everything from there gotten worse and folks wanted her to retire. 

• Like 1

I was hella excited and rooting for her. I always liked Britney and her music growing up, but the Blackout era made me a stan, and I was so so sooo excited to see her coming back and showing the world how great she was. I was truly a stan beginning with the end of the Blackout era (Spring 2008) and the lead up to the Circus era. I remember the excitement about Womanizer and how it leaked on some like France radio station or something.

I had no clue something was wrong, but I was also literally age 10 during the Circus era. I joined Exhale when I was 11. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Love 2

I was SO ectastic :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: it was my first Britney comeback since I knew about her in 2007 :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

I remember being at the mall with my parents and DEMANDING to enter the record store so they can buy me the CD :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: and they did :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

But then I felt awful because there it was, a surprise for Christmas :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: (My mom bought it before that visit, obvi I didn't knew :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:) So I have both versions :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I loved every single track, I watched the GMA thingy in an awful link :emma: I watched the MVs idk how many times :)

Sadly I didn't knew about BH, I barely used the internet, just youtube and fb (because of Pet Society :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:)

Happy memories unlocked :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I was super excited for her comeback. I absolutely loved womanizer. I remember putting it on my ipod before I headed to the subway to go to a concert and I listened to it on repeat the entire subway ride to and back. But the album as a whole I was disappointed and continue to be. Half the tracks I love and the other half I wish were switched out with the deluxe and bonus tracks.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

I can't deny  I was really excited with his return :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer::pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: after that turbulent year 2007,

I believed in his father's narrative, that going back to the industry was the best thing :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover: in my immaturity and ignorance, I thought that being close to his family again was the best thing :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: I didn't know very well how the conservatorship worked but I always thought it was something temporary, maximum one year,

how fooled I was. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

This was my experience as well. I was too naive to see what was really going on in front of my eyes.  Instead I remember feeling relief at that time. I felt that she was on the right path again (whatever that even means), and I felt excitement for new music and videos (I loved the album). I was totally fooled.

I wish I were wiser then 😢

• Love 2

I was really happy. I remember watching MTV News and they mentioned Britney had begun working on a new album. When 'Womanizer' came out it was the only thing I heard for like the following two weeks. Also, I remember classmates singing and bopping to it. She was BACK. To be honest, I knew very little about the conservatorship, and what I saw in 'For The Record' was really sad. At the same time, I was hopeful because she seemed so happy about music.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Well As all of you i have been stoked...i have been 21 and few years before i was so bored one summer i started to search info about Brit and got here..

I loved her looks, sehnlooked clean, happy, and as a pop star princess she usednto be...

I knew she was sad..from ftr..but i thought its a part of her "state"..

I remember being so proud that radios in czech republic were again playing hernsongs which didnt really happen since slave..

she was everywhere looking fresh and happy..i didnt understood why isnjordan so against con..didnt understood legal situation..and if it would be directed right she could ise it as a tool to be protected from paps..butnit didnt happen as we know

• Love 2

Before Britney was put into a conservatorship I had no idea what a conservatorship was. But from the very beginning, as soon as she was NOT allowed to hire Adam Streisand I was like WTF! How can someone be prevented from hiring their own lawyer?

HOWEVER by the time the Circus album was released I had convinced myself this “conservatorship thing” had to be temporary and over very soon. So I was happy about the Circus era. But then it NEVER ended.

Some in the fan base would argue that the conservatorship was good for her and needed. And I would always say maybe maybe not BUT she still needs to be able to pick her own lawyer! The way the fans, the nonfans, and the media reacted to the conservatorship, really depressed me and made me take a step back from being a fan around the FF era.  

5 hours ago, e_ffen said:

This was my experience as well. I was too naive to see what was really going on in front of my eyes.  Instead I remember feeling relief at that time. I felt that she was on the right path again (whatever that even means), and I felt excitement for new music and videos (I loved the album). I was totally fooled.

I wish I were wiser then 😢

I feel terrible, 'cause when I saw For the record, thought she was exaggerating a little when she said she had a lot of restrictions and when she cried :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I thought to myself:

Come on! you're Britney Spears, you look beautiful again, you are  millonarie, you have your kids and your family around and your career is back... I just thought she missed her partying days and she was bored of being cooped up, after seeing her so wild the last year, i thought it was for the best.

God how I regret it, I didn't know what I was going through:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I thought good that she is good. This situation will be over in 2 months. But I also new she didn't want to be there, she had lost her spark. For me, it was the best, most beautiful tour ever. The stage, costumes, dance routines. Girl was hanging in the air, gyrating, and in a conservatorship. That always baffled me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block