Did Hilary Duff ruin or revive her career trajectory?

rik

I love her music, but i think yes, her career started to decline bc of her changing her persona tho and also bc she started to be kinda unpopular bc she wasn't the it girl anymore after 2005.

3 hours ago, Midnight said:

I don't find Hilary interesting. She's a bland actress, a limited singer and she can't dance. 

That she can't dance, yeah it's true. 

As a singer, yea, true as well, but she sings better than Selena though lol

As an actress, well she's fine but not excellent. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I am sorry but Hilary is a pathetic actress I am just sorry to say this yes Lizzy show was part of my childhood but I am sorry she can't keep doing Lizzy kinda shows forever and that's from where it went downhill. She's a decent singer, pathetic performer I mean what's there to talk? 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:47 AM, Prachi said:

I am sorry but Hilary is a pathetic actress I am just sorry to say this yes Lizzy show was part of my childhood but I am sorry she can't keep doing Lizzy kinda shows forever and that's from where it went downhill. She's a decent singer, pathetic performer I mean what's there to talk? 

I

On 1/20/2022 at 12:47 PM, Prachi said:

I can't believe you went after Raise Your Voice like that  :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: THERE'S SO MUCH TO UNPACK WITH THAT MOVIE *chef's kiss:katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: Razzie WHO?! :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Spoiler

Just kidding by the way, I can't believe that tween me thought that movie was a masterpiece lmao :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 3
On 1/19/2022 at 11:27 PM, gapeach704 said:

Aside from the “sparks” music video (AKA the tinder ad), the oversized veneers she once had, and the “with love” choreography, Hilary can do no wrong in my opinion.

I was a HUGE Hilary fan in my teens. I followed her closely back then.

That said, when I read the title of the thread, I immediately thought of the veneers 😂

• Haha 2

Back in the day, I was such a hardcore Britney stan. I would refuse to buy any artists' albums. I'd just illegally download them LOL LOL don't care but anyway, I was obsessed with Lizzie McGuire and when she turned into a music artist .... Metamorphosis was the only other album I bought aside from Britney's. I will always remember seeing it in the newspaper for the first time and I was OBSESSED with the cover and title - METAMORPHOSIS. 

I liked her movies. Like Britney, you don't need an Oscar's to be entertaining. Out of all the pop singers and actors out there, she's come through as the most balanced. You don't always need to be the best to sustain consistency. 

Anyway, seeing her in Younger was so refreshing and was such a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm kinda bummed it's ended. Looking forward to How I Met Your Father ... even though I never cared for the original. 

I'm sure she'll do music one day - for promotional purposes. If not, I think she'll be content either way. Nevertheless, I love her as a well rounded entertainer. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't say she "ruined" her career. She was a child star that simply grew up and chose to focus on making a family.  She's never had any big scandals like the other Disney child stars (Demi and Lindsay etc) and comes off as a genuinely nice, wholesome person. Most of all, she seems happy, I'd call that successful.

What are y'all doing with your lives? :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Like 1

I admit I haven’t really watched her in any acting roles in some time so, do with this what you will but… I think she’s mediocre all around as far as acting and singing, especially the latter. She’s cute, seems like a smart person, she’s likable, and she’s got the Lizzie McGuire nostalgia boost so she’s stayed afloat for those reason IMO.

she’s lacking  an Academy Award cause Meryl Streep of anything she is not. 

she ain’t complaining about the Grammys being rigged cause she ain’t on that radar. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block