This Day in Pop: Ariana Grande releases the ICONIC ‘7 rings’

2 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

You think Ariana will be 70 years old accepting her lifetime achievement award and singing “thank u next” or “7 rings”?? You think thank u next is her magnum opus? 
Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF k.

And I brought Nicki up for comparative purpose. She’s another artist that is 10+ years without a classic hit. Same with Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus. As much as I hate Camila Cabello, she at least has a timeless hit that she can perform until she’s 70. You’re dismissed 

No tears left to cry, God is a woman, positions, One Last Time, Love Me Harder and so many other pop masterpieces beyond just her singles. Ariana also transcends beyond just being a pop star…again you either get the vibe or you don’t…and that’s perfectly fine. She makes music for SKINNY people, not that you would know. She also doesn’t make hyper-flamboyant pop for your typical gay a la Madonna, Kylie, Gaga, etc. Let me guess though — you probably think DW and Into You is her best work…typical gay. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:  Again, your definition of what’s considered a timeless hit is extremely skewed. I’m sorry some pop artists don’t want to make flamboyant pop with loud choruses??? By definition, you also probably think that Billie and Lana don’t have timeless hits either despite being massive 2010s icons. @Blackout2006 come read this clownery…you have to see it to believe it. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: Again, I don’t understand this obsession with grown *** gays tearing down successful female artists because they don’t music for your pathetic standards. Seek professional help. 

• Haha 1
On 1/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Arilegend outsold that early 2000s fad 

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN              SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN            SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN               SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN            SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN               SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN             SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN SUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN                                          SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN                                          SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEENSUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN                                         SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN                                         SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

On 1/19/2022 at 2:06 AM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

@Blackout2006 come read this clownery…you have to see it to believe it. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: 

Nnnnn TU,N and Sweetener are literally two of her best pieces of work and the argument of "nO cLaSsIcs!11" is so futile when u hear songs like STS, Problem and NTLTC played to this day :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: Positions was trash and proof that she needed a break to develop her artistry to it's utmost potential and to ditch the watered-down RnB sound (since she is never going to dwell into it further) but she has shown us that she has the ability to be respected with songs like Breathin, Ghostin, and POV. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 12:12 AM, Acer said:

Excuse me? Iconic? It was just an average song. Was it big in Europe? No.

Because Europe is tasteless and only listens to meaningless europop, sugar-coated rap or Ed Sheeran-Esque pop. Any other form of pop or R&B is usually never well-perceived. 7 rings remains UNBOTHERED and is a 2010s pop staple. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block