Madonna is reportedly working on a R&B album (a sequel to 'Bedtime Stories')

3 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Can't wait - Madge never misses. MDNA was her only misstep, and even that album has grown on me (minus the few genuinely cringy songs like B-Day Song and I Don't Give A). :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Hope she lets her creative juices flow like she did on Madame X. That album was wild, and that's exactly what made it so good. We already have decades of bops - give us something more than that. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

40 years in the industry. 

She's doing a best of her dance club hits so at this point. 

She's embracing Nostalgia (her way, its Madonna after all), and is making Music cos the passion is still there, she said she won't sell eventually, but why should she stop, it's a passion. 

The best careers are the ones that you're most passionate about like your favorite hobby, etc. If you work at a job, based off your hobby. 

You can't get bored, cos you already loved what you did since a kid. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Not really. Bedtime Stories is great, but its impossible to do that type of sound again. Its very 90s and today's rnb music its very far away from BS. She tried to do urban stuff with Hard Candy - horrible. I enjoyed "Crave" from Madame X - very rnb - so it can sound like that. 

Madonna is the best in electronica when its not too much commercial. 

Bedtime Stories is one of my faves so I'm here for it. Tbh I think Madonna is amazing with R&B, idc what anyone says :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue: Like ***** Rebel Heart is for sure my most listened to album from 2015 and 2016, I still listen to it often. And I don't like Kanye as a person but I do have to admit he has a really great mind for edgy R&B, like his contribution to Rebel Heart made the songs really unique which again isn't a popular opinion but I love RH so much :gunney:

• Love 1

A few weeks ago I said that she needs to go back to the "Bedtime Stories" sound, but I actually meant songs like "Secret". Hearing now that she wants to work with Kanye is so disheartening, whatever he does is too Kanye, he's overpowering. And why is Madonna collaborating so much and heavily these past albums?? I know she needs to work with producers, like most artists always do, but she needs to go a little more solo... She can do it. Gives us Madonna, not another person's vision of who you are.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 1:34 PM, Prachi said:

Pass, I am not here for Bedtime stories part 2 - Bedtime stories is already a part 2 of Erotica.

lol. i really see that youre a musician. two completly diffrent albums - Erotica house/experimental pretty much underground sound about s**. Bedtime Stories - true full rnb but with romantice side of "love". 

5 minutes ago, TheRealLou said:

lol. i really see that youre a musician. two completly diffrent albums - Erotica house/experimental pretty much underground sound about s**. Bedtime Stories - true full rnb but with romantice side of "love". 

I do see them as sisters album, Erotica and BS both when listened together flows as one album merged. Erotica is seen experimental because of the time as well and Madge put a lot of genres in it while BS lacked that but it will lack coming off from Erotica as Erotica is more developed. 

Just now, Prachi said:

I do see them as sisters album, Erotica and BS both when listened together flows as one album merged. Erotica is seen experimental because of the time as well and Madge put a lot of genres in it while BS lacked that but it will lack coming off from Erotica as Erotica is more developed. 

The only thing that connecting this albums are fact that she was paying still her 'dues' from Erotica era. Nothing more. Two completly diffrent albums musically.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block