Rough "When I Found You" demo resurfaces in HQ

CJMCH

Damn - that shift up to head voice for "the tide came in" in verse #1! Beautiful

I think Britney has such a great warm upper register sound. So it's interesting that all the early feedback from Jive was that she was a naturally low throaty singer. Even the star search performances when she was like 10 were gruff show tunes.  

• Like 4
On 1/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, Applejack said:

An angel singing. Wonder why they flattened her voice for the final version?

The final version has an entirely different vocal. It's not the same recording session. She belts the high notes instead of using head voice etc.

It is objectively more impressive than this demo.

• Like 2
On 1/16/2022 at 8:40 PM, floopy22 said:

The final version has an entirely different vocal. It's not the same recording session. She belts the high notes instead of using head voice etc.

It is objectively more impressive than this demo.

I agree. But there's something more "robotic" about the final version that takes away the vulnerability of all these demo recording sessions. Maybe a mix of belts and head voice and falsettos would have been the dream

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block