Is Music better than Ray of Light - Madonner

rik

Hard candy was the tribute to her early sound, and it did a better job than Janet Jackson saying 20 Y.0. Is a tribute to control. 

@JayTawndreLovesYou

@Rik

I wish someone did a thread, cos most critics and Fans agree the way they teased 20 Y.0. (Originally titled 20 Years old) as a tribute to control when it actually had nothing lyrically or sonically to do with the iconic Grammy nominated album of the year album except the 20 years since it was issued thing. 

That led to the underperformance, we were promised an album that had nasty, when I think of you, the pleasure principle only to be disappointed by what was delivered. 

At least with hard candy critics liked the approach to her early 80s days In tracks like she's not me (with a shout out to 80s icon and a guitarist pioneer for females Wendy (the wendy melvoin of Prince and the revolution is playing the guitar on she's not me), beat goes on and candy shop. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Hard candy was the tribute to her early sound, and it did a better job than Janet Jackson saying 20 Y.0. Is a tribute to control. 

@JayTawndreLovesYou

@Rik

I wish someone did a thread, cos most critics and Fans agree the way they teased 20 Y.0. (Originally titled 20 Years old) as a tribute to control when it actually had nothing lyrically or sonically to do with the iconic Grammy nominated album of the year album except the 20 years since it was issued thing. 

That led to the underperformance, we were promised an album that had nasty, when I think of you, the pleasure principle only to be disappointed by what was delivered. 

At least with hard candy critics liked the approach to her early 80s days In tracks like she's not me (with a shout out to 80s icon and a guitarist pioneer for females Wendy (the wendy melvoin of Prince and the revolution is playing the guitar on she's not me), beat goes on and candy shop. 

I stan Hard Candy. I have since release :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I was listening to the original demo for Heartbeat, and besides the different lyrics, you could hear Nicole Scherzinger (?) on the track instead of Madonna. Was the song meant for her? :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

I think it was meant for her name is Nicole album, but pharrell was smart and gave it to Madonna and it worked in her favor 

• Love 2

LOVE both but Ray of Light has a slight edge over Music. IMO, these are her two best bodies of work. Overall, I find myself listening to Ray of Light more but only on the special occasion. It truly remains an unparalleled pop masterpiece. Also love how Frozen is garnering in so much attention by the TikTok generation, we truly love to see it. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block