Why am I unable to recognize Britney?

Because of partying and ***** back in the 00’s day, lithium, traumatic stress, horrible trust issues from her experiences and years of isolation from anything but work. The best bet to her becoming her true self again is for people to leave her alone and get her out of the public eye. Trauma can’t destroy someone’s true self, just cover it up until the person takes back their power.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Illegally EATEN said:

There is simply no resemblance between Britney from these past few years and the Britney Spears we all knew.

Its like looking at two entirely different people. Not better or worse, just different. Ive never seen a person literally transform into an entirely different person before... even people who have gone through trauma or had plastic surgery etc.

Its mind-boggling. Im literally finding myself actually questioning if the person pictured on Britney's Instagram is actually Britney Spears.... I cant wrap my head around it.

Can someone explain this?
i am the walrus

• Love 1

Ive tried this. Still cant put my finger exactly on why I cant recognize her.

Interesting, because I recognize her. What I see is an older woman who has experienced some horrific stuff and is processing it and trying to make sense of it. She tries to share but not shate in her ig. Tnat effort cones across as clumsy. But i can see the same woman I saw in the doc taken just when her conservatorship started . I admire her more now and am rooting for her to make it through.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Its like looking at two entirely different people. Not better or worse, just different. Ive never seen a person literally transform into an entirely different person before... even people who have gone through trauma or had plastic surgery etc.

The missing piece to what you wrote is her years of being heavily medicated. Combine years of psychoactive ***** with PTSD from the conservatorship. Then physically there is natural aging plus some surgery. Small wonder how all of the above would seriously change a person. 

Ppl are giving you **** in this thread, but I hear you and agree with you. It's hard to admit the truth: the person we fell in love with from 1999-2010ish is no longer there - not on the inside nor on the outside - and won't be coming back.

That said, life goes on, I'll always support her. She's given me too many joyful moments to not. 

• Love 6
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Serenity Rain said:

Because of partying and ***** back in the 00’s day, lithium, traumatic stress, horrible trust issues from her experiences and years of isolation from anything but work. The best bet to her becoming her true self again is for people to leave her alone and get her out of the public eye. Trauma can’t destroy someone’s true self, just cover it up until the person takes back their power.

Yeah but I wish we would stop being like Jamie Lynn and blaming Britney for, or even mentioning, the 2-3 years she spent going to a party like every other person on the planet. Britney didn’t party at all the last 13 years. that destroyed her. She partied less accumulatively in her lifetime than literally everybody else on the planet, so I never see the need to bring it up. They’re making her the scapegoat of the entire family and never letting her forget the 2 years that she drank alcohol at a club

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Well, actually I think it is very common to see people changing, for whatever reason. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse, but can you find similarities between JLO today and JLO 25 years ago? Beyond plastic surgery, a lot of celebs come to mind that look nothing like they did. . People change. It`s life, time, doctors, food, medication, struggles, trauma.

If you mean that psychiatric medication drastically changes the physical appeareance and demeanor of people, yes they do, but it`s not unknown to anybody at this point that she was heavily medicated.  So, I don`t know if to ask something like this given the very well known context,  is really out of confussion or to be judgemental and question why she doesn`t look like whatever ppl expect her to look like. 

Anyways, you can do a bit of research on your own on psychiatric ***** and see how they change looks and it is different for everyone. 

• Love 1

Sounds like it’s time to get your own life, and quit worrying about hers. 😂

Comments like these always crack me the hell up. Like, y’all know you’re not actually friends with, family of, or a kin to Britney Spears, right??? She’s a pop star. That’s it. This Britney today is the same quirky, sassy character we saw in the early 2000’s… and it’s nice to see such a bold personality again, after it was silenced for 13 years. 

I honestly don’t know what people expect from this woman 😂 Are you the same person today that you were as a teenager, or child? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sunny_liston said:

The missing piece to what you wrote is her years of being heavily medicated. Combine years of psychoactive ***** with PTSD from the conservatorship. Then physically there is natural aging plus some surgery. Small wonder how all of the above would seriously change a person. 

Ppl are giving you **** in this thread, but I hear you and agree with you. It's hard to admit the truth: the person we fell in love with from 1999-2010ish is no longer there - not on the inside nor on the outside - and won't be coming back.

That said, life goes on, I'll always support her. She's given me too many joyful moments to not. 

8 hours ago, mmseventy said:

You’re being dragged but I completely agree with you; my mind often can’t comprehend that today’s Britney and the Britney up until 2005ish are the same person. And it doesn’t even really have to do that much with any physical aging imo, just her mannerisms and demeanour have seemed so different (understandably so given what she’s gone through). 

However that IG video she did after the conservatorship was ended (now deleted on IG I think but still on Twitter) thanking the fans, saying “rock on” at the end etc. - I could totally see “the old Britney” there. She looked and seemed exactly the way I would’ve expected a 40-year-old Britney to be, if I had imagined that back in like 2001. That made me really happy; she’s still in there. But that’s rare. Most of the time she does feel like a different person now to me. 

Im used to entitled-sounding stuck up gays, wasnt surprised by the responses so its all good 😄

Im only saying what most of us are thinking.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, dr35 said:

Sounds like it’s time to get your own life, and quit worrying about hers. 😂

Comments like these always crack me the hell up. Like, y’all know you’re not actually friends with, family of, or a kin to Britney Spears, right??? She’s a pop star. That’s it. This Britney today is the same quirky, sassy character we saw in the early 2000’s… and it’s nice to see such a bold personality again, after it was silenced for 13 years. 

I honestly don’t know what people expect from this woman 😂 Are you the same person today that you were as a teenager, or child? 

Only read the last sentence and no, Im not the same person but I still resemble myself and havent physically transformed into an entirely different human being.

9 hours ago, strongertomorrow said:

I feel like up until like 2017, she was just naturally aging… Even through the 2007 and FF era which were tough on her. A great change showed half way thru POM residency, she looked radiant in 2016.

2019 onwards though, I get what you’re saying, I wouldn’t say it’s two different people necessarily, but something must’ve happened in that facility that truly truly wore on her & her psyche. she seems checked out, and more so than before. but I’m confident she will bounce back in due time. 

This is unfortunately true but so so heartbreaking at the same time! What have they done to this precious soul??? :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 2

I understand what you mean, but listen last week a tragic event brought all of my friends from my teenage years back together. It was the first time I was seeing again some of the people who were the closest to me when I was younger. I was madly in love with that boy from whan I was 16 to 20. I'm 34 now, we're the same age, I saw him and talked to him for the first time in 10 years.....conclusion : people change extremely ! Both physicaly, mentally, and their lifestyle aswell. 

It was a shock. The way people were in the past dies, not completely but a big part of who they were just dies with time. It's our common fate.

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block