Britney Slays Doing Urban Pop Music!

I love when she does however I feel like she’s not gonna make anymore music for another 10+ years. I also feel like us using urban is a bit outdated now, so I’m trying to think of how else we can describe this sound. Honestly slave 4 u and anything off ITZ is kinda the perfect sound for her 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Rik said:

I love when she does however I feel like she’s not gonna make anymore music for another 10+ years. I also feel like us using urban is a bit outdated now, so I’m trying to think of how else we can describe this sound. Honestly slave 4 u and anything off ITZ is kinda the perfect sound for her 

Facts! But I'm sorry something in my bones telling me she really is cooking up surprises this year :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Imagine the fandom asking for urban pop album when she already has done all this, the obsession with dance urban pop is surreal with most people here for Britney! An abused women coming out if wants to make music will go to making things she already did? 🤔

Britney obviously wanted to move towards R&B - blackout demo what not says that no Femme Fatale would've even happened in the first place if it was for Britney - she clearly said it was the project her team handed her! Dance urban pop - dance urban dark pop nothing is coming nor should come it's time for Britney to shine with personal album. 

• Love 1

Her fans use the word 'urban' just as incorrectly as she does. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

Technically all her albums, even BOMT had songs that were hip hop and r&b influenced. They were only considered Pop because she's white. Americas music genres are literally based on race and how they decided which artist would be placed on which radio stations and then later television stations in the 80s. 

Urban is only meant to be used when referring to a musical sound when Black artist make popular music that's geared toward city people in urban areas or the "hood". Ironically if a black artist made music that was considered too pop influenced they wouldnt get radio play on urban stations at all. Poor Tinashe.

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7qizpe950wg6jv9c37ui0

• Love 2
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Imagine the fandom asking for urban pop album when she already has done all this, the obsession with dance urban pop is surreal with most people here for Britney! An abused women coming out if wants to make music will go to making things she already did? 🤔

Britney obviously wanted to move towards R&B - blackout demo what not says that no Femme Fatale would've even happened in the first place if it was for Britney - she clearly said it was the project her team handed her! Dance urban pop - dance urban dark pop nothing is coming nor should come it's time for Britney to shine with personal album. 

A full R&B album with a couple Pop bops would slay :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

I totally agree. In her early career (up to about 2005) my favourite thing about Britney was her urban, kind of “street” (lol no one says that anymore) vibe. Like my favourite performances were always the ones where she was wearing pants and just killing it with her dance moves which always had an urban edge.

That’s one of the reasons I became a lot less interested in her career post-con; it was like she dropped that side of her a little bit and really played up the feminine side as evidenced by things like her tour costumes - they became more lingerie-like (although yes she did have this in the Onyx tour too). I always felt like there were a ton of female singers doing that version of ***iness so when Britney started doing it I lost interest a bit; I always get like one of the things that made her special was the more urban vibe. Still really **** but in almost a tomboyish kind of way. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block