Katy Perry Truly is Back (The KP Appreciation Thread)

I have been a low key Katy stan since the beginning. I remember 2008 when I Kissed a Girl came out and I was like "she is gonna run Pop" and that's what she did. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

She has faced so much critical reception and I feel like this residency is reviving her career. She has grown so much as an artist and a mother and a person. Watching her growth is so awesome. I know she's made some questionable choices in her career but who hasn't? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

When I'm Gone is literally what we needed for Pop music! Pop has been dead since Britney and Rihanna are not releasing new music and I'm glad Katy joined Alesso on this amazing Pop track! :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

I'm so proud of her residency doing well and getting great reviews. She is a great Pop act. Highly underrated years later which is so crazy because she was literally carrying Pop back then. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I never realized how much I really adore Katy! :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

Sorry. This thread needed to be made. Katy Perry appreciation thread. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 4

Well, I used to like her a lot. 'Prism' is a fantastic body of work. However, after 'Witness' everything didn't make much sense. 'Smile' was a hit and miss project; still, she really invested in promotion. I think she doesn't really need another huge era, she's earned a lot anyway. The hits and the looks will stay in collective memory.

• Love 2

Sweetie I love you, but how is Katy performing for 5000 people for 32 nights a sign that she's "back"? The people who are willing to pay close to $1000 to see her show with bad singing and no choreo are her diehard stans who always stood by her, so it's not as if she's gaining popularity with the GP. Also When I'm Gone won't even chart on the main US Billboard chart, so her music career isn't exactly regaining traction either. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Sweetie I love you, but how is Katy performing for 5000 people for 32 nights a sign that she's "back"? The people who are willing to pay close to $1000 to see her show with bad singing and no choreo are her diehard stans who always stood by her, so it's not as if she's gaining popularity with the GP. Also When I'm Gone won't even chart on the main US Billboard chart, so her music career isn't exactly regaining traction either. 

Sweetie tickets start at $80 and as a non-stan I'm excited to make the trip to see her sometime later this year. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I mean she is back as an artist. I really liked Smile but it felt she made that record to please the unhappy fans who didn't appreciate Witness. She also is in real form in many ways. :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

She's had enough success she's a staple name in Pop so if we talk success and 'being back' she has already achieved that :emma:

I mean she never really left, she’s been on American idol, etc  it’s just, I think the quality of her music after Prism just made fans move on. Additionally, Katy, Britney, Gaga, etc… pop music in general has become a lot more niche in the last 8 years.

I don’t hate or love her, she has some good songs. I just think her commercial success days (she’s still very commercial don’t get me wrong) might be prematurely past her. I can see her doing well as a featured artist  on a few songs though!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Rik said:

I mean she never really left, she’s been on American idol, etc  it’s just, I think the quality of her music after Prism just made fans move on. Additionally, Katy, Britney, Gaga, etc… pop music in general has become a lot more niche in the last 8 years.

I don’t hate or love her, she has some good songs. I just think her commercial success days (she’s still very commercial don’t get me wrong) might be prematurely past her. I can see her doing well as a featured artist  on a few songs though!

She should do more features! :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

51 minutes ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

Always been a KP fan. Was just listening to "Mannequin" and "Hummingbird Heartbeat "earlier. I’m so hopeful that this next phase is commercially successful for her. Still salty about what she said regarding Britney but I can still love em both just like with Britney and Xtina. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Yes. Me too! :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block