Normani: my debut album is almost done, I was always so safe being in a girl group

Jordan Miller

I thought West Side was really good… Motivation was alright but good enough to have garnered some pre album attention.

The choreo and the visuals are where it’s at though. She has yet to really blow me away musically and if she wants to be the next BeyoncΓ©, she needs to really go there with her next single. She needs a β€˜Crazy In Love’.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I don't care anymoreΒ :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:Β she's been saying that the album is ready since too long now, just drop it! Stop teasingΒ :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

She had so much hype with Motivation to ended up in nothingΒ :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:Β and the song did well, especially comparing to CC debut single.

p.s. Camila has released two albums already, idk if it's so hard tho, or maybe RCA is hard... to her?:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

I don't care anymoreΒ :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:Β she's been saying that the album is ready since too long now, just drop it! Stop teasingΒ :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

She had so much hype with Motivation to ended up in nothingΒ :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:Β and the song did well, especially comparing to CC debut single.

p.s. Camila has released two albums already, idk if it's so hard tho, or maybe RCA is hard... to her?:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I mean RCA literally is one of the shi**iest labels out there, for realz

• Love 2

I'm not saying that making an album must be easy but just DO IT! I mean, Britney's debut is not perfect, but it's good because SHE is good. If Normani is any good, then it'll show in whatever she makes. But she has to make it first!! So taking so much time actually makes me doubt that she's any good as a solo artist.

Having said that, an as ordinary as I think Normani really is, there's so way she's taking so much time to release an album. To me, there are only two possible explanations for this: either she was hyped way too much by her own team and now she thinks she's a top notch artist that can only release supposedly perfect gems, or she's a slave to her record label (like Tinashe) and she's at their mercy for every single step in her career.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I don’t know much about her music. What was that big song of her’s? Cheerleader?.. Β :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β  I like her VMA performance with the basketball court. And she can fuc king Dance! Her and Tinashe are the only ones who are doing it like Britney could have. Back then every pop artist or group danced, like entire routines. It was expected. Today’s girls don’t do that. They get a thumbs down from me for that. Β :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

It's frustrating when her and Tinashe have so much talent going to waste because of record labels. I wouldn't be surprised if she was experiencing some label ****ery like Tinashe did.

Β 

I really want her to succeed cause I think she has lots of charisma and talent but her songs so far don't have the hit factor that her career needs atm

On 1/1/2022 at 4:58 AM, Adriannn said:

Normani, gurl, you better come through... Wild Side was not IT... she has so much potential, I hope she takes real advantage of her talent...

On the other hand... queen Ciara:

Β 

OMG how have I never heard Overdose 🀯

It is SUCH a bop!!Β :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Thankyou so much for bringing it to my attention πŸ’•

On 1/3/2022 at 7:44 AM, Heyah said:

No disrespect to Ciara (she’s got the it factor and she can dance) but she can barely sing. So there’s that.Β 

It’s not that she cant sing, it’s just her vocals don’t even compare to Beyoncé’s. B can SINGGGGGGG

There’s not much of a reason to compare them though.Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block