Normani: my debut album is almost done, I was always so safe being in a girl group

Jordan Miller

• Leader

“People underestimate how hard it is and how much effort we put into one project, one body of work. And coming out of a girl group, there was a lot that I hard to figure out about myself and fears that I had to deal with head on,” she said. “I was always so safe being in a girl group. I remember my mom when I was little, she was like, ‘Why do you want to be in a girl group so bad?’ Is it so you can hide?’ And I think that that was pretty much the answer. But God had other plans for me and by His faithfulness and His grace, He’s really, really kept me.”

Serving Famos surprise :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:norm.jpg.54dcee2b9d70465df64607a4d4dec9f1.jpg

• Love 4

Wow Normani got on Ellen! Good for her. She seriously needs to do the talk show circuit. She's been playing her solo career like she's nowadays Beyonce- where she doesn't need to do interviews or tv show performances, but the GP doesn't know Normani. Even Bey played the media game when she first went solo. I think it's great if you want to have a more private life and have more mystic around you, but as a pop star, you can only pull that off once you've established yourself as an icon. You can tell Normani wants to be that main It Girl artist, well she needs to put herself out there and be consistent. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

The fact that none of the fifth harmony girls are grateful for being in the group..

I understand Normani completely being forced to be in a group with a racist and have her fans actually do death threats to you, like she said the other girls could never understand what it's truly like to be a black woman and have to wake up and see the girl that's racist being the one that gets the solos and stuff. 

Even when Camila left, she took away the money for the budget. 

Even a blogger said Down flopped despite being a banger cos the record label got what they wanted Camila all to themselves they really never cared about the other girls, and that's how the public reacts to Camila were being forced to like someone that we truly hate. 

Ally basically said songs like work from home and other tracks are against her beliefs. She believes her body is a gift to her husband (from my understanding that technically Mexican outdated culture when it comes to dating and religion, and ally is a victim of that)..

Nobody actually realized Lauren could sing, she revealed she wasn't allowed any vocals.  Just stand there look pretty..

Looks like Dinah jane revealed the same thing. The platinum hit Sledgehammer has No dinah at all, she revealed the label told her that her voice wasn't really pretty for that track. 

So it does seem from being told not good enough, consistently told by everybody on the X factor Camila is the best, step to her level. Definitely reveals why the other 4 might have insecurities, from blatant favoritism to basically only using a lead and when that lead left. Those girls had nobody and like ally said they were dropped by everybody. hint they broke up. It's not even a hiatus at this point. 

The girls except Camila probably has severe PTSD cos of this group. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The fact that none of the fifth harmony girls are grateful for being in the group..

I understand Normani completely being forced to be in a group with a racist and have her fans actually do death threats to you, like she said the other girls could never understand what it's truly like to be a black woman and have to wake up and see the girl that's racist being the one that gets the solos and stuff. 

Even when Camila left, she took away the money for the budget. 

Even a blogger said Down flopped despite being a banger cos the record label got what they wanted Camila all to themselves they really never cared about the other girls, and that's how the public reacts to Camila were being forced to like someone that we truly hate. 

Ally basically said songs like work from home and other tracks are against her beliefs. She believes her body is a gift to her husband (from my understanding that technically Mexican outdated culture when it comes to dating and religion, and ally is a victim of that)..

Nobody actually realized Lauren could sing, she revealed she wasn't allowed any vocals.  Just stand there look pretty..

Looks like Dinah jane revealed the same thing. The platinum hit Sledgehammer has No dinah at all, she revealed the label told her that her voice wasn't really pretty for that track. 

So it does seem from being told not good enough, consistently told by everybody on the X factor Camila is the best, step to her level. Definitely reveals why the other 4 might have insecurities, from blatant favoritism to basically only using a lead and when that lead left. Those girls had nobody and like ally said they were dropped by everybody. hint they broke up. It's not even a hiatus at this point. 

The girls except Camila probably has severe PTSD cos of this group. 

So sad :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Karma is a b***h and Camila is getting what she deserves now. The GP basically forgot about her and nothing she produces is making any kind of impact :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block