How Was Your 2021? Summary + Your Goals For 2022!

2021 is almost over, besties :explainlol_stare_spin: How was it for you? Did you achieve your goals? :emma:

I don't care that I'm going very personal with this post, who cares :explainlol_stare_spin:

My 2021 was mostly good. I continued working in my dad's company and the year was very hard and exhausting when it comes to this but it was worth it :explainlol_stare_spin: For the first time in my life I bought a house and I've started to live here alone :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: I basically became independent because of that and I'm so grateful for that :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: But it wasn't all so easy.

Spoiler

I went through a bad breakup at the beginning of 2021:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: 

But few months later I moved on and I became close with someone else and I'm so grateful for him :explainlol_stare_spin: I also got another dog that I love. Also, I found Exhale this year and it's been an interesting experience, that's for sure :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: And my obsession with Brit continues haha. This year overall taught me a lot. 

My 2022 goals: still be that *****, buy a new car, get out of my comfort zone even more :explainlol_stare_spin:

What about you, my sisters? :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

new-year-wishes.jpg

@Midnight @PokemonSpears @Urbanney You babes have the power to main page the thread I believe :explainlol_stare_spin:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

You’re lucky this is a good post because I usually make a point not to feature posts, even posts I like, when I get tagged/asked to do it.  :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

A good post will be featured on its own without anyone asking/tagging me or the other team members. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Spoiler

Happy almost New Year y’all. Let’s make it a great one :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

you don't get to fail your goals if you don't set any goals in the first place :duh_mind_thinking_smart_meme: :explainlol_stare_spin:

No, but really I don't think I had any goals for this year except surviving the pandemic :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: At least I finally got to go to my PO Box in San Diego to get the packages I had there since 2020, after they finally opened the access to people with tourist visas last month. 

I mean, every year I hope to get in shape, sleep better, be more productive, etc, but I know I won't do any of that :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: At least I'm thankful for my family having health, for being able to work from home even if it's not the ultimate job, and especially I'm happy that Britney got her freedom, it still feels so surreal. 

A minor goal of mine is trying to get more involved with current music. Ever since Britney stopped releasing stuff, I kinda stopped listening to anything new from others as well, I mean, besides the artists I already know and love which are mostly artists from the 90's and early 00's. I'm doing that with the weekly Top 20's I organize, and I already did it somehow with this year's Top 100. I actually discovered a lot of great songs, especially from obscure artists I would've never checked. Even more well known artists like Nick Jonas, I'd never thought I'd liked his album so much. Still nothing that outstanding for me to become stan of any of these people, but at least I'm more familiar with all those names like Billie, Doja Cat, etc. 

• Love 1

My year was good, in terms of things like friends, family, work, university…but I always had this empty feeling inside of me like something was laking. I guess its because of all the lockdowns/homeschooling and all the boredom and loneliness that comes with it. Maybe I should date someone, but I also dont want to, because in that time I became an evil witch :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

I was actually hoping to make a separate thread about my year. I left my job, and I remember someone on here asked me to open up about it a bit more.

Omfg please do I literally wanna know what your life has been like since starting completely fresh! I was not hired on by my previous job and finally secured this new one in November. I know it might not be the happiest thing to think about rn , but take solace in knowing that you are so young and have so much time to secure a job that has the most optimal benefits. I’m not sure why you left exactly, but I trust it was for very legitimate reasons. Here’s to 2022! 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

My 2021 was a pretty good year especially compared to the mess from a few years ago.

• I made new friends
  • i joined a social group for people in their 20s like me
  • I went back to the gym
  • Me and my sister's relationship has improved.
  • I'm almost close to graduating

The only thing missing is a relationship.

I really hope I get one in 2022 cause ive been single for FAR TOO LONG!

I deserve a prince charming after being with an abusive and manipulative piece of sh!!! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

My 2021 was a pretty good year especially compared to the mess from a few years ago.

• I made new friends
  • i joined a social group for people in their 20s like me
  • I went back to the gym
  • Me and my sister's relationship has improved.
  • I'm almost close to graduating

The only thing missing is a relationship.

I really hope I get one in 2022 cause ive been single for FAR TOO LONG!

I deserve a prince charming after being with an abusive and manipulative piece of sh!!! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

2021 wasn’t too bad actually. I was living in another province trying to accrue postdoctoral training experience to get my license to practice as a Psychologist. I passed my Ethics and jurisprudence exam, which was vindicating. I actually explored an entirely new province, which was fun. Then I moved back to be closer to my University and we’re embarking on the candidacy process during my doctorate program. My roommate seems nice. Although getting tired of living on residence. 

Some goals I want to accomplish is, passing my EPPP licensing exam (which I’m studying now on), a requirement to get my license. Then I want to pass my candidacy exam towards my PhD. Then I want to transfer my license to my home province which requires me to pass the Province’s ethics and jurisprudence exam. Then I will have the opportunity to gain Formal Assessment training. I’d like to figure out if I need to finish it in Vancouver (hometown) which has a ton of career opportunities or stay in the city where I’m going to University in which I keep my current job I have and expand my career there and get formal assessment training. I’m genuinely not certain, but I hope I finish it. I also want to start my own private practice - not sure if I should own or rent a place. I kind of want to build a home/work place after putting a down payment on some land. Or I move to Vancouver and rent a place there… but I’m big discouraged because of the high housing costs. However, those are my goals. Make money and hopefully travel to a Greek Island. Oh I want to continue my Tarot Card reading channel on YouTube as passive income. I’ve stopped that cause I’m so busy at work and school. 

Ideally, it would be great if I were with my Soul Mate, but that’s up to the Gods to intervene as I’m stream rolling through in my career and academic endeavours. 

Any input would be helpful. Note, my parents live in my hometown whereas I don’t know many people in the town I’m working. I’ve been conflicted to be closer to family but I can’t stand to live with them. They can be too demanding of my attention, lol. 

• Love 2

Well, 2021 was an interesting year:

• I got promoted at work
  • I started a relationship after a long while of being single and h03ing left and right
  • I began a Masters Degree
  • On the down side, my parents and I got infected with COVID but I'm just so thankful that the three of us are healthy now

As for my goals:

• Save more money
  • Focus on exercise because this year I was so inconstant
  • I used to be an avid reader, so I want to pick that up again

2022 will mark my 30th birthday... I thought I'd be so anxious, but I'm actually excited... I hope 2022 turns out to be phenomenal for all of you Exhalers :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Rik said:

Omfg please do I literally wanna know what your life has been like since starting completely fresh! I was not hired on by my previous job and finally secured this new one in November. I know it might not be the happiest thing to think about rn , but take solace in knowing that you are so young and have so much time to secure a job that has the most optimal benefits. I’m not sure why you left exactly, but I trust it was for very legitimate reasons. Here’s to 2022! 

Thank you so much Rik! Unfortunately, I haven’t found a job since leaving. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been trying and I will explain it in more detail. I just hope I don’t upset anyone when I explain what happened, but when it happened I needed to step away from being a journalist.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block