Thalia anuncia visualizer de 'Barrio' para el 31 de diciembre

• Content Curators

I just got the album some days ago, it took me a while but, I have a love hate relationship with desAMORfosis :orangu_orangutan_ape: Barrio is the best song from the album. I'm glad she made a visualizer.

Did the album do good sales wise?

I hope she continues to have success, I read somewhere that theirs new music coming for this year. I wonder what she'll give us next, it seems like she's done it all but, I am very excited she's such a hard worker.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 minute ago, Midnight said:

I just got the album some days ago, it took me a while but, I have a love hate relationship with desAMORfosis :orangu_orangutan_ape: Barrio is the best song from the album. I'm glad she made a visualizer.

Did the album do good sales wise?

I hope she continues to have success, I read somewhere that theirs new music coming for this year. I wonder what she'll give us next, it seems like she's done it all but, I am very excited she's such a hard worker.

I don't think it made a lot of impact in terms of sales, however she kept releasing lots of visualizers, I guess she really liked this project :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think it made a lot of impact in terms of sales, however she kept releasing lots of visualizers, I guess she really liked this project :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

How do you feel about the album after all this time?

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

How do you feel about the album after all this time?

it's really not my favorite, I think the singles she put out in 2020 were the best stuff on the album, and my favorite song La Luz is just too short. Well, probably Tick Tock could be my favorite too, but I wish it was a solo song, or that she collaborated with someone more important. No Te Vi is also kinda nice.

I like how invested she was in this, I just wish the album was more pop, or even something more experimental. Like, if she's not gonna care about sales, then she should do something super alternative, something more electronic, or perhaps even more to the rock side. At this point she's done everything in her career, from bubblegum pop, to ranchera, dance, pop rock, salsa, ballads, urban, she can come up with whatever she wants to, but I'll always prefer pop.

Yet again, I've never been a huge fan of her albums in general. I like her singles, for the most part, but I can't really think of many album tracks from her that I find memorable, except Menta y Canela and Tú Me Sientas Tan Bien.

I wish for her next project she went back to her roots, and maybe collaborated with the Mexican legends, like Yuri, Daniela Romo, etc, or if it's too boring, then at least do some tribute album, although I guess Maria Jose has already taken most of the songs to cover out there. Or she could invite other artists to collaborate on reworked versions of her songs, like Amor a la Mexicana with Yuri, or Arrasando with someone else. It could be even younger acts, my dream would be if she collaborated with Fey, Gloria Trevi, OV7, Shakira, Paulina, etc Maybe even something with Ricky Martin or Enrique Iglesias. There's so much she could do.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's really not my favorite, I think the singles she put out in 2020 were the best stuff on the album, and my favorite song La Luz is just too short. Well, probably Tick Tock could be my favorite too, but I wish it was a solo song, or that she collaborated with someone more important. No Te Vi is also kinda nice.

I like how invested she was in this, I just wish the album was more pop, or even something more experimental. Like, if she's not gonna care about sales, then she should do something super alternative, something more electronic, or perhaps even more to the rock side. At this point she's done everything in her career, from bubblegum pop, to ranchera, dance, pop rock, salsa, ballads, urban, she can come up with whatever she wants to, but I'll always prefer pop.

Yet again, I've never been a huge fan of her albums in general. I like her singles, for the most part, but I can't really think of many album tracks from her that I find memorable, except Menta y Canela and Tú Me Sientas Tan Bien.

I wish for her next project she went back to her roots, and maybe collaborated with the Mexican legends, like Yuri, Daniela Romo, etc, or if it's too boring, then at least do some tribute album, although I guess Maria Jose has already taken most of the songs to cover out there. Or she could invite other artists to collaborate on reworked versions of her songs, like Amor a la Mexicana with Yuri, or Arrasando with someone else. It could be even younger acts, my dream would be if she collaborated with Fey, Gloria Trevi, OV7, Shakira, Paulina, etc Maybe even something with Ricky Martin or Enrique Iglesias. There's so much she could do.

I agree, I think after barrio Tick Tock and La Luz are the best songs on the album.

It's funny just the other day I was looking up the people she collaborated with, I had no idea or heard of any of them before. I actually though Farina was a brand new artist and it turns out she's been around for a really long time.

For me it's a love/ hate type of thing, sometimes I hear the album and I love it and sometimes I'm like what am I listening to. I feel like it's an experimental album but then I'm like well this music is what everyone else is doing lol.

I will say the song Secreto was an interesting surprise, even though it's the same old sound the vibe they gave it was something I never expected to hear from Thalia, even La Luz has like this darker vibe (no pun intended lol) which was interesting and nice to hear.

The worst songs for me were Mal y Bien, Cancelado and Empecemos. She used that singing technique that a lot of urban artist use and I can't express enough how anoying I find it. I think it's horrible and I hope they stop doing it.

I'm still shocked you don't like her album though. I literally love like 98% of her music. 

I was actually thinking the same thing, like she could remake some of her hits and re-release them, I think that would be very interesting and her loyal fans would really love that. I appreciate her Latin style efforts but if she would incline less for the Urban. I think an album like AALM or Latina with some pop/rock tracks are her best suit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I agree, I think after barrio Tick Tock and La Luz are the best songs on the album.

It's funny just the other day I was looking up the people she collaborated with, I had no idea or heard of any of them before. I actually though Farina was a brand new artist and it turns out she's been around for a really long time.

For me it's a love/ hate type of thing, sometimes I hear the album and I love it and sometimes I'm like what am I listening to. I feel like it's an experimental album but then I'm like well this music is what everyone else is doing lol.

I will say the song Secreto was an interesting surprise, even though it's the same old sound the vibe they gave it was something I never expected to hear from Thalia, even La Luz has like this darker vibe (no pun intended lol) which was interesting and nice to hear.

The worst songs for me were Mal y Bien, Cancelado and Empecemos. She used that singing technique that a lot of urban artist use and I can't express enough how anoying I find it. I think it's horrible and I hope they stop doing it.

I'm still shocked you don't like her album though. I literally love like 98% of her music. 

I was actually thinking the same thing, like she could remake some of her hits and re-release them, I think that would be very interesting and her loyal fans would really love that. I appreciate her Latin style efforts but if she would incline less for the Urban. I think an album like AALM or Latina with some pop/rock tracks are her best suit.

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

speaking of collaborations, it's also kind of a double-edged sword because for example, Thalia and Laura Pausini sounds like one of my dream collaborations yet when it actually happened was kind of disappointing.

or with former Timbiriche members, but this was all over the place, though still kind of epic

then I don't like her doing urban stuff, but Desde Esa Noche with Maluma and No Me Acuerdo with Natti Natasha, were huge hits, so it's like, I know why she ends up doing the collaborations she does, but I wish things were different, and she could do something pop and still be successful. 

I think she could something with HaAsh or maybe with Belinda or Danna Paola

I mean, she's already tried a lot of stuff, but it's like nothing happens with it. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

speaking of collaborations, it's also kind of a double-edged sword because for example, Thalia and Laura Pausini sounds like one of my dream collaborations yet when it actually happened was kind of disappointing.

or with former Timbiriche members, but this was all over the place, though still kind of epic

then I don't like her doing urban stuff, but Desde Esa Noche with Maluma and No Me Acuerdo with Natti Natasha, were huge hits, so it's like, I know why she ends up doing the collaborations she does, but I wish things were different, and she could do something pop and still be successful. 

I think she could something with HaAsh or maybe with Belinda or Danna Paola

I mean, she's already tried a lot of stuff, but it's like nothing happens with it. 

Yesssss, that collaboration with Laura was a little underwhelming. I was expecting something like what Laura did with Kylie Minogue, now that song was everything. 

By the way, is the theme of Si No A Ti about lesbian love? I always saw it that way but I'm not sure if that's what their actually talking about.

I think something with Danna would be amazing (something edgy latin/pop/rock danceable) their voices would sound great together.

I hope they release all her music on vinyl, I saw Shakira's Laundry Service on vinyl but Shaki isn't someone I would pay 35 dllrs to own her record, now Thalia on the other hand :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Edited by Midnight

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Yesssss, that collaboration with Laura was a little underwhelming. I was expecting something like what Laura did with Kylie Minogue, now that song was everything. 

By the way, is the theme of Si No A Ti about lesbian love? I always saw it that way but I'm not sure if that's what their actually talking about.

I think something with Danna would be amazing (something edgy latin/pop/rock danceable) their voices would sound great together.

I hope they release all her music on vinyl, I saw Shakira's Laundry Service on vinyl but Shaki isn't someone I would pay 35 dllrs to own her record, now Thalia on the other hand :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

I think Laura's song, at least the original in Italian, was about her daughter, but maybe it got a bit lost in the translation.

And yeah, I'm actually surprised she hasn't released her albums in vinyl. Maybe because they're too many. I think desAMORfosis was released on vinyl though, I remember seeing a social media post about it.

I'm sure it's something she would look forward to and if it hasn't happened might be something related to the record labels, because she's been in like three different labels across her career. Because she does a lot of fan service, with all the "remastered" videos, old performances, throwbacks, etc, I'd be surprised if she's never thought about it. 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think Laura's song, at least the original in Italian, was about her daughter, but maybe it got a bit lost in the translation.

And yeah, I'm actually surprised she hasn't released her albums in vinyl. Maybe because they're too many. I think desAMORfosis was released on vinyl though, I remember seeing a social media post about it.

I'm sure it's something she would look forward to and if it hasn't happened might be something related to the record labels, because she's been in like three different labels across her career. Because she does a lot of fan service, with all the "remastered" videos, old performances, throwbacks, etc, I'd be surprised if she's never thought about it. 

Ohh okay, I just thought that because in the video they look a bit romantic I guess, with the way they look and embrace each other. 

It's a beautiful video, very women empowered.

Yeah she did release it on vinyl. She released two editions, a pink and a clear. I wanted the pink but since it's limted edition it sold out and now it's being sold for like 60- whatever prices lol. I recall the post you're talking about, I think it's one where she used the vinyl as a coaster for her drink right? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I was like NOOO not Thalia using her own album as a coaster. I know there's aslo Primera Fila on vinyl, I hope she does release all of them. 

I could of sworn I read she has all the rights to her music, maybe I'm mistaking her for someone else. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Ohh okay, I just thought that because in the video they look a bit romantic I guess, with the way they look and embrace each other. 

It's a beautiful video, very women empowered.

Yeah she did release it on vinyl. She released two editions, a pink and a clear. I wanted the pink but since it's limted edition it sold out and now it's being sold for like 60- whatever prices lol. I recall the post you're talking about, I think it's one where she used the vinyl as a coaster for her drink right? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I was like NOOO not Thalia using her own album as a coaster. I know there's aslo Primera Fila on vinyl, I hope she does release all of them. 

I could of sworn I read she has all the rights to her music, maybe I'm mistaking her for someone else. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: 

I mean, I think she does, since the earliest albums were just released on digital platforms last year I think, but they were recorded with the defunct Melody records I think.

Then she went to EMI, and then Sony, so I don't know how that works. 

For example Paulina Rubio was also on a different label at first, before she moved to Universal (and now she's with Sony after 20 years), so while she was releasing her music in the 2000's, the former label kept releasing compilation albums and remixes and stuff from the 90's material, and it was like independent of what Paulina was doing in her career, and for many years Paulina didn't perform her older hits besides Mío, but I don't know if that's because of rights, or just because she didn't want to. 

So if she decided to release all her records on vinyl, in like a series or a collection, I don't know if Sony has the rights to publish them, or how would that work :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, I think she does, since the earliest albums were just released on digital platforms last year I think, but they were recorded with the defunct Melody records I think.

Then she went to EMI, and then Sony, so I don't know how that works. 

For example Paulina Rubio was also on a different label at first, before she moved to Universal (and now she's with Sony after 20 years), so while she was releasing her music in the 2000's, the former label kept releasing compilation albums and remixes and stuff from the 90's material, and it was like independent of what Paulina was doing in her career, and for many years Paulina didn't perform her older hits besides Mío, but I don't know if that's because of rights, or just because she didn't want to. 

So if she decided to release all her records on vinyl, in like a series or a collection, I don't know if Sony has the rights to publish them, or how would that work :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Yeah I get what you mean.

Speaking of Paulina I binged watched some of her new interviews recently. She's changed a bit and seems more down to earth and relatable now, though, that song she released wasn't my fave.

I saw the Yordi interview too, that man knows how to do some good interviews, I love how authentic artist are with him. 

I'd love some Paulina vinyls too, Paulina 2000, Pau-Latina and one with the hits/singles all the way from Mio until now.

Also, I would die if Lynda released her music on vinyl, a cute box set would be ideal but I know I can only dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Yeah I get what you mean.

Speaking of Paulina I binged watched some of her new interviews recently. She's changed a bit and seems more down to earth and relatable now, though, that song she released wasn't my fave.

I saw the Yordi interview too, that man knows how to do some good interviews, I love how authentic artist are with him. 

I'd love some Paulina vinyls too, Paulina 2000, Pau-Latina and one with the hits/singles all the way from Mio until now.

Also, I would die if Lynda released her music on vinyl, a cute box set would be ideal but I know I can only dream.

tbh it should be the standard to release vinyls, at least for special occasions, the record labels are sleeping on that in Latin America

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block