Artists are the keepers of LGBTQ flame teaching us LGBTQ. Which artist is the best example teaching you LBGTQ?

39 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

imo she reinforced stereotypes, used the lgbt to propell her own career and does not genuinely care about lgbt issues. Also calling her lgbt fans monsters is rather insulting

Shut the **** up, she’s done so much for this community and now all of the woke power bottoms try to diminish her influence. I’m not a fan, but she inspired my generation because without her standing for GAY’s rights, I wouldn’t be aware of this culture. There was no Madonna and definitely not Britney who didn’t crack a word about gays - There was Lady Gaga! 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Style. said:

Shut the **** up, she’s done so much for this community and now all of the woke power bottoms try to diminish her influence. I’m not a fan, but she inspired my generation because without her standing for GAY’s rights, I wouldn’t be aware of this culture. There was no Madonna and definitely not Britney who didn’t crack a word about gays - There was Lady Gaga! 

uhmmm, no. When the entire world was discriminating against gays and AIDS infected people calling them freaks and abomination, Madonna organized events where all of the proceeds would go to HIV research. When people thought HIV was air transmitted, Madonna took her friend who got AIDS out on the stage with her and hugged him.

I get it you wanna appreciate Gaga, but no need to diminish what other divas have done for us in order to make her look better. Madonna is literally the mother of gays,  the things she did for our community are countless, and this comes from someone who's not even a fan. 

You know I love you baby :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:just making sure you don't get this the wrong way lol. You're one of my faves on this forum :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Style. said:

Oh pls, so much delusion in that post :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: 

4 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

uhmmm, no. When the entire world was discriminating against gays and AIDS infected people calling them freaks and abomination, Madonna organized events where all of the proceeds would go to HIV research. When people thought HIV was air transmitted, Madonna took her friend who got AIDS out on the stage with her and hugged him.

I get it you wanna appreciate Gaga, but no need to diminish what other divas have done for us in order to make her look better. Madonna is literally the mother of gays,  the things she did for our community are countless, and this comes from someone who's not even a fan. 

You know I love you baby :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:just making sure you don't get this the wrong way lol. You're one of my faves on this forum :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I’m 26 years old and I’m sorry but my generation of artists are Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, etc therefore I’m not familiar with Madonna’s past songs/achievements/humanitarianism. I never said Lady Gaga did it first, I only stated that she introduced my generation to what LGBTQ+ could mean hence my cultural knowledge about my ***uality was due to the fact that Gaga spoke about it freely and more often than others. :emma:

1 minute ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Why, so I can throw around labels like 'power bottom' as an insult? Gaga truly enlightened her followers  :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

What’s wrong labeling someone as power bottoms? Didn’t y’all fav ******** said “bottom feeders” last year and got a Grammy for it? Where was this energy last year? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
As I said multiple times, y’all be loving acting up when it’s convenient for you! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

13 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

I felt strong enough to out myself because of Gaga, so I say she did the most for me particularly. 

The same way I feel about Nicki, I will forever thank God for this woman empowering others through her music and by her art and by standing up for her truth! I will always support talented women who deserve to be here and I may not be Gaga’s biggest fan, but she’s by far one of the most talented singers of all time who created a NORM! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

What’s wrong labeling someone as power bottoms? Didn’t y’all fav ******** said “bottom feeders” last year and got a Grammy for it? Where was this energy last year? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
As I said multiple times, y’all be loving acting up when it’s convenient for you! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Using it in a negative context and stereotyping is wrong, especially since I am not one

Also when you refer to 'y'all favorite ********' and 'y'all be loving' I wonder who exactly are you refering to, becaue I had to google that comment to find out it was Cardi B related and I definitely do not care about her or what she says :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

4 minutes ago, Style. said:

The same way I feel about Nicki, I will forever thank God for this woman empowering others through her music and by her art and by standing up for her truth! I will always support talented women who deserve to be here and I may not be Gaga’s biggest fan, but she’s by far one of the most talented singers of all time who created a NORM! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Created a norm? Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block