Demi Lovato reportedly enters rehab again

2 hours ago, ByDemand said:

This happens in nearly every demi thread and the mods / @Jordan Miller have yet to do anything about it. It’s such a huge turn off to a community that you’d expect to be much more open and accepting. I understand the valid frustrations people have with them, and that people can easily mistake pronouns, but demi threads are mean spirited time and time again. 

Like, it’s Christmas Day y’all give it a break. 

1 hour ago, ItsBella***** said:

Thank you! Also this! 

💚🤍 it’s an issue I also want to be resolved soon @Jordan Miller 💚

• Love 1
19 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I mean is anyone really surprised, the way she's been acting this past year was anything but sober, homegurl was on ***** 90% of the time. What I find interesting is that she claimed she was sober the whole time, and spoke of the wonder of sobriety lol

Well; she's never claimed she was sober until way more recently. She's been "California Sober"

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
14 hours ago, Rik said:

Not all of you misgendering Demi and basically laughing at their struggles as they allegedly go to rehab. Let’s not be mean. Let’s support Demi instead of degrading them.

no i genuinely wish her well and i hope she gets better. As far as calling her "them" that's just stupid, and I condone stupidity. Them is it in plural. If she doesn't feel like she has any gender, then I'm sorry, that's on her. But in my opinion, its nothing but attention seeking. Trans I get, absolutely, I have a couple of trans friends who went form male to female, one even still in her male form, and I refer to this male friend with feminine pronouns all the time, with or without her presence. But THEY/THEM is just attention seeking and people who are PISSING over everything the LGTBQI+ community has fought for for decades. We fought for equality, understanding, and our rights, and now some idiots who have nothing better to do with their lives are making the whole community look like a fu*king joke, and what irks me even more is, instead of condoning this, people like you are supporting it. We have become a laughing stock because of people like Demi, who are nothing but hetero***uals seeking for any sort of attention and spotlight over our back and everything our community DIED for and was KILLED for. 

I can't believe our community is giving support to people like Demi, I genuinely can't. We are betraying everyone who died fighting for our cause just so Demi and people like her could play gender appropriation for some more money grab.

Grow up.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

no i genuinely wish her well and i hope she gets better. As far as calling her "them" that's just stupid, and I condone stupidity. Them is it in plural. If she doesn't feel like she has any gender, then I'm sorry, that's on her. But in my opinion, its nothing but attention seeking. Trans I get, absolutely, I have a couple of trans friends who went form male to female, one even still in her male form, and I refer to this male friend with feminine pronouns all the time, with or without her presence. But THEY/THEM is just attention seeking and people who are PISSING over everything the LGTBQI+ community has fought for for decades. We fought for equality, understanding, and our rights, and now some idiots who have nothing better to do with their lives are making the whole community look like a fu*king joke, and what irks me even more is, instead of condoning this, people like you are supporting it. We have become a laughing stock because of people like Demi, who are nothing but hetero***uals seeking for any sort of attention and spotlight over our back and everything our community DIED for and was KILLED for. 

I can't believe our community is giving support to people like Demi, I genuinely can't. We are betraying everyone who died fighting for our cause just so Demi and people like her could play gender appropriation for some more money grab.

Grow up.

surprise. I am non binary and know many people who are lol. Doesn’t make me any less part of this community … or attention seeking, particularly because I haven’t even come out to anyone about it. It’s an internal thing.  It’s not specifically what Demi refers to but that doesn’t take away from respecting their pronouns. This isn’t some new thing. A third gender, non binary, and two spirited understandings of people are cut across so many religions and cultures, both recently and historically. 2 spirited people in various Métis, aboriginal, and Inuit belief systems. Hejdras being a legal gender in India. Hinduism is one of the oldest religions, if not the oldest religion on earth and has depictions of non binary people all while advocating for freedom in ***uality and expression. In previous centuries across Europe there were many people who did not identify as a specific gender and would often be casted as androgynous characters in so many plays. Canada on a federal level recognizes non binary and more as part of the 2+ of LGBTQ2+. 

if you think this is betrayal or somehow disrespectful to the so many that died that felt this way, then I have news for everyone here.  It’s inherent to so many people. 
Gender is fluid and there’s definitely more learning to be done. I’m tired of people trying to hide their bias in the face of movements that often complimented the existence of gender fluidity. Can I confirm that Demi is likeable? Obviously not but so many of you just choose to be arrogant when you don’t have to be! There is discrimination and divisiveness even in the LGBTQ2. We need to come together instead.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rik said:

It’s not specifically what Demi refers to but that doesn’t take away from respecting their pronouns. 

To be fair it's very easy to forget that it's they/them, not only when it comes to Demi :emma:

52 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Grow up.

I don't think it's that deep. There will always be homophobia, transphobia etc. Y'all, be they/them whatever you want, I don't care but don't come for me when I forget that you're they/them :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Most people in LGBTQ community are very annoying, judgy, rude anyway and it's not a family :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: Exhale taught me that :emma::bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: LGBTQ people's lives are so miserable that we are mean even to each other and that's a fact. It is what it is but I'm above that :emma:

It's way easier to stop giving a F about things instead of fighting all the time. We take away homophobia's power when we don't care/don't think about it. Obviously, not when it comes to all of those anti-gay countries, we should care... But honestly we can do nothing about it so what's the point... 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LikeTheMoonAndSun said:

Some of you want other to recieve WP for not using pronouns? God, this people.... forcing things like this will only get the opposite result

I don't know if I missed a message somewhere but that's not at all what I personally said. I specifically noted that people make mistakes all the time, but there are others here purposefully being malicious, poking fun and getting a rise out of misgendering them. They're visible in every thread about Demi on this site. That's all I'm asking for action against. 

3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Grow up.

To your speculation on Demi's honesty in using this term– I understand. They have done a lot to draw their character under question unfortunately as a result of their disease (which doesn't excuse it) and as a fellow member of the LGBT community I understand why it might feel like co-opting. 

To your utter disrespect for a community, one which is a part of this community (hell, see three posts above me) and ironic call for others to grow up... shame on you for that. This is the exact hate I am talking about that is visible thread after thread here on this site that we should have no place for.  

Again, what you describe is real– people misrepresent our community for clout and attention. There is a history of those in a celebrity position doing so especially. But, by generalizing that to all non-binary folk you're being needlessly hateful. Let them (no pun intended) be. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByDemand said:

I don't know if I missed a message somewhere but that's not at all what I personally said. I specifically noted that people make mistakes all the time, but there are others here purposefully being malicious, poking fun and getting a rise out of misgendering them. They're visible in every thread about Demi on this site. That's all I'm asking for action against. 

To your speculation on Demi's honesty in using this term– I understand. They have done a lot to draw their character under question unfortunately as a result of their disease (which doesn't excuse it) and as a fellow member of the LGBT community I understand why it might feel like co-opting. 

To your utter disrespect for a community, one which is a part of your community here (hell, see three posts above me) and ironic call for others to grow up... shame on you for that. This is the exact hate I am talking about that is visible thread after thread here on this site that we should have no place for.  

Again, what you describe is real– people misrepresent our community for clout and attention. Someone in a celebrity position doing so especially. But, by generalizing that to all non-binary folk you're being needlessly hateful. Let them (no pun intended) be. 

Love u bestie omg 

• Love 1
On 12/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

I'm alone for the holidays (and always) in Vegas while my friends and family are in California where I'm from and its really hard making new friends out here in Vegas :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Also I'm fighting for privacy and independence in my life staying in a homeless shelter working three jobs trying to get my own apartment. Nothing has happened because I keep losing jobs... :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

If anything helps, try to tackle ONE problem at a time. And stay present, work day by day with whatever you need to face that day. Try to avoid thinking about the past or the future. You can handle today.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block