Charli XCX Interpolates "Cry For You" by September in Her New Single "Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama)"

Charli XCX Appreciation Thread  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UPDATE: Charli interpolates Cry For You by September in her new single Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama).

Y'all, I don't know what's going on. I don't think it's available everywhere yet, but I just got a notification from Apple Music, saying that Charli has released a new single. And it's not even midnight here. I'm so confused. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: Either way, it's so freakin' good. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Also, Charli lowkey sounds like Rihanna. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: I think it might have been released early because of leaks, but I might be wrong:

For those of you that don't know, Cry For You was a huge hit in Europe, and it still gets played by radio stations all the time:

Can't believe it's been 16 years. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: Also, I'm surprised Ava Max hasn't sampled it yet, tbh. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I don't see enough talk about Charli XCX on Exhale, so consider this thread an attempt to change that. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: Even though I've been aware of Charli since the beginning, I was never really a fan besides streaming a few songs here and there (and Number 1 Angel). Recently, something has changed, though. I remember listening to Pop 2, trying to get into it because I'd previously loved Number 1 Angel, but it just wasn't clicking. It was way too progressive for my taste at the time, but as of late, there's been so many experimental and over-the-top K-Pop releases that I've grown to love artists and producers that are actively challenging what pop music (and even music in general) can be. And so, I've recently become obsessed with Pop 2. Initially, I only liked Backseat and Out of My Head, which are certified bangers, but I fell in love with a new song with every listen. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: As for her other records:

• True Romance - haven't listened to it but love Black Roses
  • Sucker - haven't listened to it in years but remember liking it
  • Vroom Vroom - listened to it once years ago and didn't like it, so it needs a revisit
  • Number 1 Angel - first half is hit-or-miss, but second half is flawless
  • Charli - listening to it for the first time today
  • How I'm Feeling Now - listened to it once a few weeks ago and don't remember anything, so it also needs a revisit

Stream her two most recent singles:

She's made it pretty clear that this is her sellout era, but the music still bangs, so I don't mind. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I’ve always thought that the success of ‘Fancy’ and ‘I Love It’ was all because of her and only her. 

Kinda true since she wrote both of the songs, I guess. Iggy was already gathering some steam, especially in Europe, so the progression to Fancy was only natural. As for Icona Pop, it was their first hit, so yeah. Charli knows how to write a megahit for everyone but herself. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I don't see enough talk about Charli XCX on Exhale, so consider this thread an attempt to change that. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: Even though I've been aware of Charli since the beginning, I was never really a fan besides streaming a few songs here and there (and Number 1 Angel). Recently, something has changed, though. I remember listening to Pop 2, trying to get into it because I'd previously loved Number 1 Angel, but it just wasn't clicking. It was way too progressive for my taste at the time, but as of late, there's been so many experimental and over-the-top K-Pop releases that I've grown to love artists and producers that are actively challenging what pop music (and even music in general) can be. And so, I've recently become obsessed with Pop 2. Initially, I only liked Backseat and Out of My Head, which are certified bangers, but I fell in love with a new song with every listen. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: As for her other records:

• True Romance - haven't listened to it but love Black Roses
  • Sucker - haven't listened to it in years but remember liking it
  • Vroom Vroom - listened to it once years ago and didn't like it, so it needs a revisit
  • Number 1 Angel - first half is hit-or-miss, but second half is flawless
  • Charli - listening to it for the first time today
  • How I'm Feeling Now - listened to it once a few weeks ago and don't remember anything, so it also needs a revisit

Stream her two most recent singles:

She's made it pretty clear that this is her sellout era, but the music still bangs, so I don't mind. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

Seems like this is more of a Pop 2 Appreciation Thread, and less of a Charli XCX appreciation thread since you haven't truly cultured yourself with the brilliance of how i'm feeling now, Charli, and True Romance

Please repost when you've been inculcated. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Jacolicious said:

Seems like this is more of a Pop 2 Appreciation Thread, and less of a Charli XCX appreciation thread since you haven't truly cultured yourself with the brilliance of how i'm feeling now, Charli, and True Romance

Please repost when you've been inculcated. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

You didn't lie, but considering the fact that it took me 4 years to finally appreciate Pop 2, the other records will have their time to shine too. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

This will sound stupid but it's absolutely true so I don't care: I love Charli because she sounds like...Charli. And none other. And you cannot buy or create such a thing, you either have it or not. She has it.

Also, she's super s e x y but in a cute way... I LOVE S E X Y CUTE.

I only have "Sucker" on CD, but my favorite album of hers is "Number 1 Angel". I need to give the other records more listens because her songs are very layered, they are NOT easy listens for the most part.

I do think she needs some editing here and there, though. But she seems to be like Miley, who do NOT go over the same stuff many times.

• Love 1

I've been a huge fan for years. I love that she sticks to a mostly pop kind of sound but manages to innovate within that space. Vroom Vrroom was ahead of it's time. Her forray into pc music with Sophie is what gt me into that sound way back when. I'm not too crazy about her latest efforts)new shapes is kinda my obsession rn though). But she's got a real good ear for solid pop music and I hope she maintains that forever. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

This will sound stupid but it's absolutely true so I don't care: I love Charli because she sounds like...Charli. And none other. And you cannot buy or create such a thing, you either have it or not. She has it.

Also, she's super s e x y but in a cute way... I LOVE S E X Y CUTE.

I only have "Sucker" on CD, but my favorite album of hers is "Number 1 Angel". I need to give the other records more listens because her songs are very layered, they are NOT easy listens for the most part.

I do think she needs some editing here and there, though. But she seems to be like Miley, who do NOT go over the same stuff many times.

She really is hot, tbh. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: And yeah, Number 1 Angel is awesome. White Roses and Lipstick are such discography highlights. cupcakKe wen't all out on that track, and the double entendre never gets old. :snort_spoon_powder_glasses: Oh, and Babygirl really reminds me of early Madonna. That chorus is seriously giving Shoo-Bee-Doo or something. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block