Charli XCX Interpolates "Cry For You" by September in Her New Single "Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama)"

Charli XCX Appreciation Thread  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

#1/Pop2, Vroom Vroom, 1999, and her pre-Charlie era singles are perfect and untouchable. Pop perfection. Her mixtapes are pretty good too. I love her!  :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:   :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: 

Ah, right - besides Number 1 Angel and Pop 2, there's those two other independently-released mixtapes. I haven't listened to them because they're not available on streaming services. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Damon said:

I LOVE this! :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

And I LOVE September! I miss her so much! She's the definition of underrated. She has so many bops. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

The only other September song I know is Party In My Head:

It's a bop, though. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: It's honestly no surprise she has so many bops - she's Swedish. Sweden is like the ultimate pop music hub. I swear there must be something in the water in Sweden. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

• Love 2

I cannot believe this. What's the difference between interpolation and sample? Because this almost feels like a cover. I mean I love Charli and I love September and this was a good choice because it's definitely related to Charli's sound but it was such a disappointment identifying the song right away and knowing that it wasn't an original recording... ugh, I thought this trend was only part of Hollywood, not music too.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I cannot believe this. What's the difference between interpolation and sample? Because this almost feels like a cover. I mean I love Charli and I love September and this was a good choice because it's definitely related to Charli's sound but it was such a disappointment identifying the song right away and knowing that it wasn't an original recording... ugh, I thought this trend was only part of Hollywood, not music too.

Granted, I wish Charli would stick to her more experimental shtick, and Beg For You is only good because of the original, which is an absolute classic, but I'm still here for it. :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof: Sample vs. interpolation:

In popular music, interpolation (also called a replayed sample) refers to using a melody—or portions of a melody (often with modified lyrics)—from a previously recorded song but re-recording the melody instead of sampling it.

While a sample is a snippet of an original song that's been copied and pasted into an entirely new piece, an interpolation is when a recording is recreated note for note and reflects the underlying composition.

Also, an interpolation is not exactly a cover or remake since it's just one part of a song (in this case, the chorus). Other examples:

Interpolates Be the One by Dua Lipa, though it's really hard to tell, imo. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Interpolates Around the World (La La La La La) by ATC. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Granted, I wish Charli would stick to her more experimental shtick, and Beg For You is only good because of the original, which is an absolute classic, but I'm still here for it. :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof: Sample vs. interpolation:

Also, an interpolation is not exactly a cover or remake since it's just one part of a song (in this case, the chorus). Other examples:

Interpolates Be the One by Dua Lipa, though it's really hard to tell, imo. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Interpolates Around the World (La La La La La) by ATC. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Thank you so much!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

giphy.gif

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block