Janet Jackson Breaks Down Her Most Iconic Music Videos in New Interview!

2 hours ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

It is a good and interesting watch. Some of my favorite Janet videos were not discussed which I'm a little pressed about :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Janet fans! What's your favorite Janet video? 

Here are a few of mine: 

So much love and respect for Janet. A true artist. And Icon.

“Rock With You” really is a brilliantly choreographed “one-take” style video, and a criminally ignored jam to boot.

Interestingly, Ne-Yo wrote “Rock With You” in early 2008 specifically with Britney in mind (it was meant for Blackout). However, Brit failed to show up to the recording studio (3 or 4 times apparently) to lay down the track’s vocals and Brit/Jive (her record label) never returned Ne-Yo calls.

Ne-Yo later said he was pissed (at Brit’s no-show), and gave the song(s) to another artist. Enter Janet.

I’ve been meaning to make a thread about it.

You can hear Ne-Yo’s original demo that he sent to Britney here.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

She is such an icon. People always said Britney was the next Madonna, but I see so much more Janet influence in her. 

Facts... Are we still going on with this dumb argument 💀💀

OT: she's a LEGEND and the Real Queen Of Pop (Lizzo spoke PURE AND HARDCORE FACTS when she said Janet is the Queen Of Pop and so said the King as wellE-DnYETVcAE1oYI?format=jpg&name=900x900)!!! YAS JANET!!! QUEEN JJ!! LEGEND J! 

• Love 2
On 12/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Facts... Are we still going on with this dumb argument 💀💀

OT: she's a LEGEND and the Real Queen Of Pop (Lizzo spoke PURE AND HARDCORE FACTS when she said Janet is the Queen Of Pop and so said the King as wellE-DnYETVcAE1oYI?format=jpg&name=900x900)!!! YAS JANET!!! QUEEN JJ!! LEGEND J! 

Not that whole nonsense again.

• Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 2:20 AM, Justin Woodpond said:

So much love and respect for Janet. A true artist. And Icon.

“Rock With You” really is a brilliantly choreographed “one-take” style video, and a criminally ignored jam to boot.

Interestingly, Ne-Yo wrote “Rock With You” in early 2008 specifically with Britney in mind (it was meant for Blackout). However, Brit failed to show up to the recording studio (3 or 4 times apparently) to lay down the track’s vocals and Brit/Jive (her record label) never returned Ne-Yo calls.

Ne-Yo later said he was pissed (at Brit’s no-show), and gave the song(s) to another artist. Enter Janet.

I’ve been meaning to make a thread about it.

You can hear Ne-Yo’s original demo that he sent to Britney here.

I'm glad Janet recorded it, its kind of a homage to Michael 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block