Would you still like Britney if she ditched the baby voice?

Of course!

Although honestly: I hate the term “baby voice.” She sings many of her songs with a mid-nasal tone. I get why it’s gotten that name, but honestly I feel like it’s a stylistic choice for many of her songs that doesn’t serve to infantilize her imho. It more comes off as a confident vocal growl and punctuates certain words.

I also don’t buy the narrative that her label “made her” sing that way. We know she worked on her signature sound with Eric Foster White, but she seems to have taken the sound and run with it on her own. Even when she’s gone rogue (like the Mona Lisa demo), she’s still chosen to go full nasal. They in fact toned it down for the final cut.

Finally, she never gets enough credit for the diversity of her vocal styles. You have everything on the spectrum from “Toy Soldier” and “Do Something” to “He About to Lose Me” or “Touch of My Hand” or “Email My Heart.” To shift away from the mid nasal tone on B10 will definitely be a style change from previous albums, but not necessarily an earth shattering development.

Whew. Sorry for going on and on! Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk Alice In Wonderland Thank You GIF

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block