Doja Cat covers Rolling Stone and talks Dr. Luke

Jordan Miller

I find it very sad that Rolling Stone is trying to sell copies with that topic... I just can't imagine what Doja Cat must have felt when they asked her that question... Totally irrelevant if you ask me. She signed with Kemosabe before what went public with Dr. Luke... so she has a contract to fulfill before she can get away from him. 

How would you answer publicly about the person who helped you achieve success but knowing that everyone hate him/her? There's no good answer to that... unless you have time (Public Relations) to think about it...

1 hour ago, Style. said:

The song was already predicted for falling off the top #10 before the remix. Barbs made the song number #1 and the same gullible Barbs are the ones who follow these rap girlies. Female Rap is dominated 90% of Nicki ducking Minaj. They are here because of her. Now suck my toes! 

ByDemand they say, but by whom? If I come back in exhale , it will be COVID knockout for some of y’all. 

Did you just attempt a diss by saying you're carrying covid? Unvaxxed like miss minaj herself I see :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

But (big boo/bs) anyway (chile), no ones gonna argue you on nicki's impact – it's where she's fallen to that's the problem :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

I mean, let's be honest. Luke is one of the most well-recognized songwriters in the industry. Two decades of pop hits have his stamp all over them. It's unfair to come at Doja for working with him in the past, when literally every pop star did it seems. Her pushback is classy though, and I  love it. That first take really came off like he tried to steal credit on her songs, opening up another can of drama she probably wants nothing to do with. I appreciate her drawing the focus to her success and path forward, instead of opening the door for another media mess. I'm not sure anyone will ever really know the true amount of damage that Luke did to Kesha, but all people can do is move forward and onward.

If Kesha has.... it might be time the media does too. 

12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I actually loved her response, and even her clarification afterwards. Whether people like it or not, Dr Luke is a fantastic producer, but the media should stop mentioning him as if he were the sole responsible for Doja's success.

PS: Dr Luke's lawyer calling her "Amala" in a public statement as if they were besties was kinda cringe. That even sounded extorsive to me, as in... "Girl, I KNOW YOU..."

He is responsible for her fame. Even Kesha’s music isn’t good without him. Her fame comes from a collaboration with him whether she likes it or not

• Love 1
8 hours ago, kfitz421 said:

He is responsible for her fame. Even Kesha’s music isn’t good without him. Her fame comes from a collaboration with him whether she likes it or not

No. That is PART of Doja's success. Then, she looks amazing, dances amazing, has a fantastic personality, a vision for each of her videos, an adventurous sense of fashion, she writes many of her lyrics, etc. All that is part of being a popstar, and DOJA has and delivers the whole package, not Dr. Luke. And about Kesha, she was known as a party girl, which worked perfectly with Dr. Luke, but now she offers way more than that so he would be out of the equation anyway.

PS: Also, Doja used to produce her own tracks when she was a teenager, meaning that she is even more dedicated to her craft and has her own experience on the matter, so you can't then all of a sudden attribute all her success to another person, let alone when she went viral for "Mooo!". How old are you? In life, every little thing that one does or doesn't do then proves to be a part of your future in one way or another.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block