Mariah Carey's "Caution" Is Such a Good Album 😍

Are we streaming?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Rik said:

It is! I’m listening to her audiobook rn

I've seen people talking about some memoir. Did it come out recently? I'm assuming that's what you're listening to. :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint: Also, you have to count how many times she says something along the lines of, "As a songwriter ..." There's a whole-azz compilation of her saying that in interviews and stuff, so I wonder if she does in the memoir too. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 2

It's amazing. Mariah is such an underrated music artist, probably because of her over the top diva personality. But she writes and co-produces absolutely everything in her career, has penned 18 #1 hits and builds every song from the ground up (working with another producer). She's a quality lyricist and storyteller IMO. Someone with that kind of talent will be able to make great albums for a long time.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, bad media karma said:

It's amazing. Mariah is such an underrated music artist, probably because of her over the top diva personality. But she writes and co-produces absolutely everything in her career, has penned 18 #1 hits and builds every song from the ground up (working with another producer). She's a quality lyricist and storyteller IMO. Someone with that kind of talent will be able to make great albums for a long time.

Yeah, that Genius interview I posted makes her seem a lot more personable and down-to-earth. They also talked about her vocabulary and how she often uses words one wouldn't really expect to hear in pop music, and now I can't unhear it. It's definitely one of her signatures as a songwriter. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Moreover, she doesn't get enough credit for making it cool to collaborate with hip-hop artists. In my eyes, she pioneered the marriage between pop music and hip-hop that's still so prevalent today. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 4
  • Like 2

OK THERE IS A GOD AND HE LOVE US!! This is the thread i've been waiting for on here!! This album is a complete masterpiece. I still stan it three years later, and this is coming from a LAMB who is a Daydream fanatic (me..i am mariah the elusive asdlkfjasldfjlas was a MESS, to be fair).

Caution is EXCELLENT SUPERB AND MASTERFUL. I bop to it EVERY fall through Christmas. A no no deserved a Cardi remix (or a lil kim remix) and to be a top ten single. The Distance does SO much and executes it all FLAWLESSLY. Giving me life GIVES ME LIFE. ugh. this album is a masterpiece and further proves why Mariah Carey deserves MORE acclaim than she gets. also, **** the grammys!! Should have been an album of the year nominee, but they're too busy nominating the people who pay them off.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

OK THERE IS A GOD AND HE LOVE US!! This is the thread i've been waiting for on here!! This album is a complete masterpiece. I still stan it three years later, and this is coming from a LAMB who is a Daydream fanatic (me..i am mariah the elusive asdlkfjasldfjlas was a MESS, to be fair).

Caution is EXCELLENT SUPERB AND MASTERFUL. I bop to it EVERY fall through Christmas. A no no deserved a Cardi remix (or a lil kim remix) and to be a top ten single. The Distance does SO much and executes it all FLAWLESSLY. Giving me life GIVES ME LIFE. ugh. this album is a masterpiece and further proves why Mariah Carey deserves MORE acclaim than she gets. also, **** the grammys!! Should have been an album of the year nominee, but they're too busy nominating the people who pay them off.

Yeah, at least the album was very well-received by critics. 82 on Metacritic is seriously impressive for someone who's never been a critics' darling.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Also, I don’t know why Mariah was trying to convince everyone Glitter was 80s inspired? It didn’t sound 80s at all to me. 

There's like 2 or 3 songs that are pretty overtly 80s, I'd say, but those were the covers if I'm not mistaken, which automatically makes me care less. I thought I'd be getting Into the Groove, but there was very little. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I need to give it another chance without any expectations, though, because a lot of Lambs swear by that album these days. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block